A Single Daffodil

Breaking News.

Image


BREAKING NEWS: ERIC SPOELSTRA TO COACH U.S.A BASKETBALL TEAM AT THE 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS.

By Tom Mazzeo || Special Report by ESPNMiami.com

Image


Eric Spoelstra will reportedly coach the USA men’s basketball team at the 2012 Olympics in London, England this upcoming summer.

Mike Krzyzewski, previous coach of the USA basketball team is expected to step down, letting Spoelstra lead the Americans to a possible second consecutive gold medal, Miami Heat Organization has confirmed to ESPN.com on Wednesday. USA Basketball has scheduled a news conference at 11 a.m. ET Thursday at the American Airlines arena.

The Hall of Fame coach has led the Miami Heat to four successive wins in the NBA. There has been speculation about Spoelstra taking Krzyzewski’s place for the past couple of months now, but his position was first reported by Sports Illustrated.

“I think it’s great,” said three-time NBA MVP Finalist and 2008 gold medalist Lebron James, when told the news Wednesday night before the Miami Heat faced the Indiana Pacers. “What he means to USA Basketball is beyond just what we do on the court. It’s what we stand for as Americans and being proud of the red, white, and blue. I can’t wait to take on the London Olympics with him this year! He’s not only a coach, but a mentor. I have the utmost respect for him.”

Spoelstra will lead the Dream Team next summer at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, England. His new position as head coach of the USA team has already landed commitments from some of the top NBA stars. Lebron James (Miami), Dwayne Wade (Miami), Chris Bosh (Miami), Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City), Derrick Rose (Chicago) and Carmelo Anthony (New York) are a couple of All-Stars confirmed for the 2012 roster.

“We’re determined, we’re strong, we’re competitive, we’re indestructible.” Spoelstra commented at the Miami Heat conference Wednesday morning once the news broke. “We’re the Dream Team. Working together is key if we want to bring home the gold medal for our country.”

The USA Basketball team will be heading over to London the first week of July. Preliminary rounds begin the second week of July, with the USA’s first game against France landing on the 14th.
♠ ♠ ♠
SURPRISE!!

DID ANYONE SEE THIS COMING!??

ANYONE AT ALL!?

Oh my God. Do you guys understand? WE'RE GOING TO LONDON. I've been waiting for this part of the story to start since chapter one! Been planning it out for months.

And I know this chapter was short and didn't have Harry or Vita in it, but the next chapter will make up for it. I already wrote it. It's long and very very interesting indeed! Think of this one as the prologue of part two! I'll be posting the next one EST tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment. I want to hear what y'all are thinking!