Status: it's a one shot yo

Nurse Free, Will You Look After Me?

one

Michael wasn’t sick. Yes, he throat tickled a bit now and then, and yes his nose was a bit runny but that’s only because it had been really cold lately and his body is just getting used to the new heat. That was it.

So that’s why when Michael came into work, scarf wrapped around his neck and beanie tightly on his head, he glared at Gavin harshly when he accused him of being sick.

“Fuck off, ‘M not sick.” Michael said as he plopped down in his seat. “I’m as healthy as a fucking horse.”

Gavin raised his hands up in defense. “Calm down there, Mi-cool. Just trying to make sure you were okay.”

Michael kept his glare going for a few moments, until his throat started to tickle and he was overcome with coughs. He slouched down and coughed into his hand, flinching when his chest started to hurt. Gavin put a hand on his back when he heard how violent they sounded. Michael wanted to push his hand off, spit out an ‘I’m fine,’ but he found that it was actually quite comforting. Not that it exactly helped.

When Michael eventually stopped coughing, Gavin raised a brow, and Michael just gave him the finger.

They continued work as normal, unfortunately Michael didn’t get any recording done as he couldn’t stop sniffling, but he finally finished editing the Rage Quit.

It wasn’t until Michael got up from his seat and was hit with an intense dizzy spell and nearly crashed on the floor when Gavin finally spoke up again. He caught Michael before he landed face first into the carpet, and Michael held on tightly. He had Gavin a pitiful look and Gavin touched his hand to his forehead and frowned.

“You’re really hot.” He told Michael.

“I know I am, but what are you.” Was Michael weak reply.

Gavin rolled his eyes and helped Michael out of the door, who just whined. He told Geoff as he passed that he was taking Michael home early and that he would be back later, and lead him out of the Rooster Teeth office.

It took a while for them to get home, as Gavin didn’t have a license and Michael would keep coughing; but they made it back in one piece. Though, at one point Gavin didn’t think they would when Michael gripped onto the steering wheel so tightly his knuckles were white.

When they got inside Michael’s apartment, he sat him down on the couch and went to make him some tea and some aspirin. He put in a dash of honey in the tea, because that’s what his mum had always done for him when he got sick. Gavin had never really looked after someone who was sick, but there was a first time for everything.

He came out with the warm cup of tea and handed it to Michael as he sat down beside him.
Michael looked up, his face red and bags under his eyes. “Okay, so maybe I’m sick.” He said before sipping his tea.

Gavin rolled his eyes, “Oh, nah Mi-cool.”

Michael quickly swallowed the aspiring before reply. “Shut the fuck up and go get me a blanket. It’s freezing in here.”

Gavin didn’t mention the fact that it was warm enough that he wanted to take off his jacket, so he just got up and fetched him his blanket from his room.

Michael was huddled up, watching tv when Gavin came back in. He laughed lightly and sat back down beside him, spreading the blanket over both of them. Gavin felt his forehead again, and thankfully he wasn’t as warm as he was at the office.

After a few moments Michael dropped his head down on Gavin’s shoulder. Gavin put his arm around Michael and looked down. They shared eye contact before Gavin leaned in. Michael turned his head so Gavin only kissed his cheek and the very corner of his mouth.

“I don’t want to get you sick.” He said. Gavin laughed, held Michael’s face in his hands and pushed his face back to face his own.

“You pleb, I don’t care about getting sick. I just want to make you feel better.”

“Yeah, you’ll care in a couple of days when you feel like shit.” Michael retorted, but he didn’t pull away when Gavin finally got to press their mouths together. He lifted his hand and ran it through Michael’s already messy hair, taking his beanie off in the process. He pulled his legs up on the couch and put his other hand on his Michael’s waist. Michael welcomed the warmth, wrapped his arms around Gavin’s back and pulled him closer.

Gavin sighed and licked his lover’s bottom lip and nipped at it lightly.

“How are you feeling?” Gavin asked, his breath hitting Michael’s face.

“Mm, not too crash hot. I think you’ll have to keep looking after me, Nurse Free.”

Gavin chuckled and placed a quick peck on his lips. “I guess I’ll have to.”

About three days later, when Michael was all better, and Gavin came to work with his creeper scarf wrapped tightly around his neck and one of Michael’s hoodies, did he realize that he had become sick.

“Oh, is someone sick? I wonder how that would have happened.” Michael said, giving Gavin a playful look.

“Sod off.” Gavin laughed, which was interrupted but a little coughing fit.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was a prompt from tumblr and i decided to post it here.
I hope you liked it.

ur all gr8 ily