Sequel: The Takeover
Status: It's finally finished! Which makes me sad... I miss writing Elessar and Idril :/

Criminal

Chapter Nine

The darkness I have been trapped in for who knows how long was broken by a song. It was quite, a slight humming. Then it became louder, it was beautiful. There was a tinkling of chimes and a guitar quietly playing in the background. At least that's what it sounded like. The tune was indescribable, but it was pleasing, no just to my ears but my magik. It awoke the minuscule amount of magik I had left, beckoning it, summoning it to come closer. My magik was leaning, and tugging me toward the sound.

This is perfect, Corinth is brilliant! I' have heard rumors of a small handful of people who could use their magik to sing to others' magik. However, the song was very specific as to whom it worked on. The song would sound like heaven to some and restore their magik, but to others it would sound like garbage and only annoy them.

Was Corinth one of those few? And was her song designed just for me? Or is it just a stranger? Dd they know their song was specifically tailored to my magik and wouldn't work on anyone else? It is supposed to create a strong bond between the two people. I hope they know I won't let that happen. I can't fall for anyone, not while I'm on the run. I refuse to end up like Tathar; betrayed and beheaded because of a girl.

Something touch my arm cause a spark to ignite in my chest. My magik wanted more of that touch, because it fed and replenished it. I gasped and sat up. I was in a dark chamber, no doubt the basement of Corinth's house. However, Corinth was not there, only Idril was. She was in a chair and had fallen asleep, her fingers were just barely grazing my hand.

No it couldn't be her, she has no magik within her. I would have sensed it! I listened very carefully for that alluring melody , and found nothing but a quite hum of the gas light in the corner. I gently shook Idril. She was very confused until she came to full conscious ses and noticed I was awake.

"Oh Elessar you're okay!" She threw her arm around my neck. My magik licked at the skin in contact with hers, trying to receive replenishment that wasn't there. It can't be her.

"Yeah, how long was I out?" I hugged her back, I would never admit this to her but I'm glad to see her alive. It's a relief to see the guards hadn't found us.

"About six days, I was worried you were dead." She frowned. "I was also getting tired of these fruits." She held up one of the magik plants from Corinth's farm. She took a bite and I thought I heard the angelic song. But I'm sure it's an illusion. It's. Not. Idril. She was not the one singing to me.

"Corinth has practically been shoving these down my throat these last few days." She continued. "I don't know why. It's not like I have any magik... But I'm so glad you're okay!" I nodded into her shoulder. She admitted it, she has no magik. Someone else was singing to me.

"We need to get going." I tried to sit up but just fell back down again. How am I still so weak? She said I've been sleeping for six days, usually it only takes two or three days. I must have miscaculsted how much magik I used.

"You still need to rest." Corinth came out of nowhere and Idril left the room. "You almost died from how much magik you used. You would have died had I not found some magik to sing to you."

"Who was that, by the way?" I asked her.

"You know who it is, you refuse to believe it." She folded her arms across her chest.

"It's not her, it can't be." I shouted.

"Why can't it be?" Corinth yelled back. "What do you have against her, or any women to be exact?"

"I don't want to be have my life ended like Tathar!" I admitted through an angered scream. "He let a girl get too close and she turned him in! I can't let that happen."

Corinth sat on the bed and put her hand on mine. "My gift told me its true, as did my eyes. It's not hard to see. "

"We were acting like that just to mess with you." I said defensively.

"I know, but there's more to it than just pretending you just won't admit it." I went to deny it but she cut me off. "Ignore it if you please, but don't let her go." I nodded and looked down, she grabbed my face and made me look her in the eyes.

"If you shrug off anything and everything else I've ever said that's fine, but please listen to me now. Do not let Idril go, the second you let her slip through your fingers you'll regret it." My eyes widened and I nodded meekly. I have known Corinth my whole life, but never has she been this serious. "Good, now here's you payment for one days work and slaying the monster. Here's some magik replenishing elixir, for later not now."

"But I'm still so weak. I need something to restore my magik!" I whined, we need to get out of here, fast.

"I made sure Idril's magik is properly fueled to feed yours."

"What? No! I can't! She's not-!" I protested.

"Humor me now, and ignore it later. We both know you need to get out of here. This is the fasted way." She headed out and Idril came in. They were both plotting against me, that's just what women do.

All negative thoughts flew from my mind as she took the seat next to the bed. My magik, the minuscule amount I had left, woke up and began pulling me to her. It came alive, swirling in my limbs closest to her, desperately trying to make contact with her. All the while the angelic song filled my ears.

"Do you feel that?" She whispered. "It feels as if ever molecule of my body wishes to touch you." She reached out and took my hand. My magik erupted in happiness, and lust for more. She gasped quietly, I tried to hold myself together. She must have recognized what I was doing because she simply wrapped her other hand around our conjoined hands and squeezed. Her breathing sped up and her hands constricted even tighter around mine. My magik cried for more, it wanted me to touch more of her, but I can't. I will not a use this power against her, I want her to genuinely be seduced, not because Corinth fooled into thinking her magik's song was for me. Once my magik's hunger subsided I released her hands and stood up.

"We have to leave, we have over stayed our welcome." I stood up and gathered my few possessions and headed out with Idril behind me. She was oddly silent. I hope she realizes there's method to my coldness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Even I don't understand his thought process, he's crazy... That's what jail does to your brain, yo.