Sequel: The Takeover
Status: It's finally finished! Which makes me sad... I miss writing Elessar and Idril :/

Criminal

Chapter Eleven

He kissed me! That womanizing, borderline skitzophrenic criminal kissed me! I guess I shouldn't be surprised... He kisses many women, but he waited so long to kiss me. It wasn't because of the weird magik thing, at least I don't believe so. I hadn't felt anything... Except a slight awkwardness as I stared I to his eyes... His lovely eyes. I see why so many girls fall for him, he is fairly attractive, on a good day. The fact that he's on the run is exciting as well, which adds the rebellious and danger factors, and those drive girls wild.

But he's more of a puzzle than directly meets the eye. At first he is a criminal with terribly cheesy 'flirtatious' jokes who has a bad boy personality. Now that I have spent roughly a week traveling with him I'm even more confused than I began. Sometimes he's sweet and obnoxiously irritating other times he's cold, cruel, and slightly terrifying.

But what I really cannot comprehend is how he brushes off my gift. Corinth warned me he would adamantly ignore the truth. But why? I know that I will only feel that primal and semi-animalistic tug towards him because his magik and mine where created for each other. That's how most elves who are dumb enough to use magik find their other halves, they find the one song that makes everything else sound like noise.

But since the king banned magik it's become much more difficult to find that one person. A great portion of the people gave up, and have locked themselves in their homes. So this is big, and he blows it off. He has even begun demanding I stop eating magik foods and let the weak ball of power die in my chest, never allowed to fulfill its purpose ever again.

I need to sleep, lying awake wishing for the world to be a better place where magik is legal and the song composed solely for me doesn't belong to a criminal, is not going to help me.

This floor is very uncomfortable and the fire has decomposed to a pile of smoldering ashes. I've always wanted to freeze to death on the old floor of a cheap inn. Maybe if my teeth chatter loud enough, Elessar will wake from his slumber and offer me more blankets... He's across the room, I will have shiver as I never have before. As if on que my body was rocked as if here were an earthquake in a feeble attempt to create warmth. I sighed and pulled the thin blanket closer, it hardly conserved any heat and was slightly prickly against my skin.

"Are you really that cold?" Elessar's rough groggy voice sounded from the other side of the room.

"No, I'm just convulsing for fun." I manage to say between my chattering teeth, it's hard to say wether or not he could hear my sarcasm.

He sighed quietly and the blankets rustled as he stood. He softly padded over to where I lie, half frozen. He took up his spot behind me and pulled me close, he was careful to touch only the parts of me that were clothed. Heat rolled off his body, as if he were a fire and I sighed in contentment. Once I was thawed, sleep came easy...

I awoke in darkness and in empty sheets. Did Elessar leave me? Panic knotted in my chest and I couldn't regain control of my haphazard breathing. Maybe he's just outside, he wouldn't leave so suddenly... Would he? I suppose he is a criminal but he doesn't see, that rude.

A vile hissing sounded just outside the room and something rather large slithered by the window. My curiosity overrides my terror and I headed outside.

I tried to keep info the shadows, hoping whatever was out there wouldn't spot me. I peeked around the corner and saw Elessar in front of a giant snake lizard half breed. He was hissing at it and seemed to hiss back, as if they were conversing. Then I spotted Corinth, she was sneaking in the darkness behind the monster, in a strange set of armor that was glowing slightly.

"King..." I heard the monster hiss. But I hadn't heard it out loud it seemed as if it were coming from inside my head. Elessar seemed tense and furious.

"Wantssss girl..." I sucked in a breath as the voice sounded in my head. That thing was sent for me, my father sent it to rid the world of his secret bastard child. I can't believe he brought back a monster to kill me. Monsters have been extinct for years, and that was his doing. Now he's endangering innocent people to kill me? Why does he wish me dead? I know now that he hates my existence, and I was only a nagging issue that cold ruin his reputation, but why bring back something so terrible and unpredictable?!

My thoughts had taken me away from the battle and a loud screech caught my attention. The monster stared into my eyes, it wanted me and it was so close to achieving its goal until Elessar's massive sword cut through its neck like butter. Corinth had made her way over to me.

"You look like you've seen I ghost." She muttered, and in a moment if weakness I collapsed into her arms in tears as Elessar simply collapsed.

"It wants me!" I whimpered. "It came to kill me and instead it go Elessar." She patted my back.

"He's not dead he's close though, he used far too much magik and if you don't get off me he will die." I can't believe Elessar is going to die because of me, I don't want him to die! I released Corinth and ran over to Elessar. I hope he's okay!


I woke with a start, the skin at the top of my hip was tingling slightly, and had relieved my fear from the dream Elessar wrist was sitting on the exposed skin. He sighed happily in his sleep and one his hands slipped under the night shirt and the other under the men's trousers he let me borrow because my dress was uncomfortable. I shivered in response, my skin begged for more. Apparently his subconscious received the message because his hands traveled up to the bottom of my ribs, dangerously near my breasts. I sucked in a loud breath then squeezed my eyes shut trying to remain quiet. But I failed as his hands brushed the bottom of my bosom and began moving agonizingly up my breasts. A small moan slipped from my mouth and he froze. He was awake.

"What?" He muttered, then shouted. "What the hell why didn't you stop me!?"

"I don't know." I whimpered. "I was frozen, I didn't know what to do." He said nothing.

"I'm sorry." I apologized with tears in my eyes, he sighed angrily and stormed out the door, probably never to return. I'm so stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh she didn't refer to the king as her dad, she must be really mad and maybe she's disowning him