Sequel: The Takeover
Status: It's finally finished! Which makes me sad... I miss writing Elessar and Idril :/

Criminal

Chapter Twenty

The strange luminescence springing from our bodies began to lift us in the air. Idril's jaw fell open as she watched the floor separate from our feet. She moved her grasp from my arms to my elbow and hugged my entire arm to her chest. Corinth's eyes grew wide as she watched out ascent. I braced myself for the impact of the ceiling, which never came. We floated through the roof as if we were spirits.

"Wh-what's happening, Elessar?" She whispered, fear covering her tone.

"I don't know." I murmured. When will we stop? I've heard that the air becomes thin as you travel higher. It's rumored that if you get high enough there may be no air at all.

Once the library became about half it's original size, we stopped. A small gathering, at least from this height it appeared small, of people formed beneath us. No doubt the spotted the intense glow that surrounded us. How did I get tangled up in all this nonsense?

She was some helpless rich girl in the forest, easy to save and a target to steal from. Then it turns out her gift is magik singing and the song is only for me, which wasn't that bad in comparison to now. Because now we're part of some million year old prophecy and apparently the savior a or destroyers of Peltumbe. Why can I go back to being a criminal, lazily drifting through cities because no guards actually recognized me and never thought of arresting me. It was so easy that way.

I can't believe he feels that way. Idril's voice echoed through my head. She heard that?

I-I didn't think it was that bad. He did sometimes seem quiet and cold towards me, but not often. Most of the times he was making cocky comments and arrogant jokes. He did scare a couple times when we first leaned about my song... Like when he exploded at me that night in the inn. But he always made it up to me. I can see how I may have been a bother occasionally but I didn't think he didn't want me. I thought we had something... When he kissed me, her hand ran across her lips. It was so gentle yet passionate. I guess it was all a clever ruse. How could anyone love someone so irritating? And how could I expect to have my feelings returned by a criminal? Tears had formed in her eyes and I immediately wished I could take back what I had thought. She's lovely to have around, so beautiful and strong... Not a fast traveler but she made the hikes much better. If she left life would be boring. Sure it was easy before she came along but I don't believe I could travel without her.

I press a kiss to her lips, hoping to convey my apology and that I do appreciate her company, and... And I... I might love her. Jesus Christ I'm such an emotion baby. Maybe does not belong there. I do love her; this girl that has violent shoved her way into my life and heart. I love Idril.

I love him.

She had stayed completely immobile for a second, but suddenly started kissing me back with all the passion he small frame could muster. There was no lust, no tug of magik (thanks to the ring), there was only love. I pulled apart slight to breath and noticed the light surrounding us had grown to consume the library below and arched out to form a giant sphere around us. Some of the crowd had been engulfed in the light, but they didn't move. They stood in the beam, doing who knows what.

"Isn't that the most unique kiss you've ever had?" I asked Idril trying to ignore the fact that we may be stuck floating forever.

"I can't say I've ever been kissed while floating in mid air surrounded by such a bright light." She chuckled.

"I believe it could be called a once in a lifetime experience.... Not only were you in mid air, but you were kissing me." I winked at her.

"I hope the last part isn't actually a once in a lifetime experience as well, because I would like it to happen a lot more often." She muttered and a blush spread across her cheeks. I laughed and smiled at her, then my feet touched the solid and comforting ground of the library. But our initial positions hadn't changed. She was still on her knees clutching onto my hands. Confusion webbed around my brain. Hadn't we been holding each other a mere moment ago? Idril seemed equally if not more confused than me.

"What just happened?" Corinth questioned.

"I... Don't know.. I was right here then I was floating out of the chair and through the roof... And now I'm here again..." I answered.

"No you didn't... You two just sat there looking starstruck and relatively frozen in place." She said. Confusion further knotted itself around my brain and constructing words became impossible. Thankfully, Idril spoke up.

"But you watched us as we floated into the air! I saw you!" She said desperately.

"All I saw was a beam of light shoot into the sky..." Corinth's face contorted slightly. "Was... Was that light you?"

"No it surrounded us as we went up." Idril answered, a crease had formed between her eyebrows. Corinth and innkeeper shared a look.

"Spiritual projection?" They spoke I'm the same time.

"What's that?" Idril asked. The term was vaguely familiar, but I was also lost and wouldn't not be able to figure out what it was.

"Only the most powerful magik users can use it." Corinth started.

"It was only a rumor, no one has actually used it. The last kings magik researchers were able to get maybe inches out of their bodies, so their souls were still in contact with their bodies. So really it was only a hypothesis..." She paused. "How far did you guys go?"

"I don't know... The building appeared half as large, and everyone looked like ants." I have no idea how far up that was but they looked impressed.

"And we made a weird bubble of light when we... Uh... Kissed er... Or whatever..." A light blush covered her cheeks. "Would that be important?"

Corinth and the innkeeper darted outside. I pulled Idril to her feet and we followed behind them. A pastel purple dome surrounded the library. We gasped.

"What is it?" Corinth gasped.

I walked over and tried to touch the edge of the dome but my hand passed right through. Then I noticed the few people that were in here with us.

"We have magik again!" An older man cheered.

"We can help them fight now!" And older woman, I assumed was his wife, smiled. The others around them were examining their limbs as if they suddenly felt invigorated.

"Do you hear them?" Idril asked.

"The dome replenishes their magik." I finished.

"I need to study this." Corinth ran back to the library. I stared up at the dome, as the innkeeper went to herd people into the sphere or something.

"How are we doing this?" I muttered.

"I think it has to do with our marks." Idril said and stroked my arm.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked still staring to the sky.

"Well, they're glowing." She said. I looked down and our marks were the same color purple as the magik replenishing shield.

"Do you think they're generating the magik? Or are the my draining it from is?" Idril asked.

"I don't know. This never happened until my mark returned... And even then it didn't create this... This happened after we..." I paused and stared at her. "Is it... Our... Uh... Feelings for each other."

"You really are an emotional baby." She giggled.

"You heard that too." I groaned.

"Naturally," she shrugged and pecked my cheek. Red dusted her cheeks and she played with her fingers. I pulled her into a tight hug, not really sure what else to do. I just have the strange urge to hold her and never let her go. In this moment she's mine. I placed my cheek on the top of her head and sighed in happiness. I was granted a great destiny, not for the extreme amount of magik or the small portion of time as royalty or even the fact that I might get to save the world. My destiny was great only because of this girl. I was given the opportunity to meet this girl and fall in love with her.

A shiver traveled from her head to her toes. "I'm really enjoying you holding me but do you think we could move it to the inn? It's quite cold here." I chuckled and walked her to the inn. Once we arrived in our room I lit the fire and Idril felt it necessary to push the couch I front if the fire. She piled the couch high with pillows and blankets. I looked at it and chuckled. She was standing next to the couch, shifting from foot to foot and playing with her hands.

"I was wondering if you wanted to... Um... Lay on the couch with me. I won't take my ring off, I just want to... Um... I want you to.." Her face had turned crimson red. I laughed again and nodded at her. She stayed still so I crawled under all the blankets and laid on my side facing the fire. I beckoned her with one hand and she ran as fast as she could into my arms. She placed her hand on my chest and nuzzled her face as close to me as she could. She reminded my of a puppy, however she is much more adorable than a puppy. She sighed with content.

A faint light was still springing from our marks.

"How long do you think that will last?" She asked running her hand down my chest. A shiver slid down my spine.

"Well if it isn't draining magik from us, I'm hoping it will last until this great battle begins. If it is stealing our magik... I hope it stops before we die." I shrugged.

"We could try to learn how or control it." She halfheartedly suggested.

"Or we could stay right here, for now, and do that tomorrow." I placed a small kiss on her lips, begging her to stay.

"You're right, it is far too cold for a small framed girl like me to be running around outside. I need to stay inside and keep warm." She smirked at me, I raised my eyebrows at her suggestion. Her eyes darted between my eyes and her ring. She slowly began slipping it off. My heart raced, as I tried to ready myself for the onslaught of passion. The ring passed her first knuckle and my magik began licking the skin where we touched, there was only a few layers of thin fabric keeping my magik from quenching its thirst. The ring was almost to the second bend in her delicate finger when my magik started getting out of control. It wanted more, and she had so much to offer. Her ring wasn't even all the way off as my hands desperately searched for an opening, maybe even a small tear in her dress. What would happen when she pulled the ring all the way off?

I didn't care. I need to touch as much of her as I can. I placed desperate kisses down her neck, still clawing at her dress. I found the bottom of her dress and forced over her head, leaving only her most delicate parts covered. Somehow she has managed to keep her ring on. My hands ran up her hips and around her back to her shoulders and back down to the sides of her body. I kissed down her neck and shoulders to her belly button then back to her lips. There was a small clink as her ring hit the floor and a wall of magik induced lust hit me.

Any scrap of relatively high level of thought I had left vanished. All I wanted was more, more, more, MORE!

She would definitely be 'keeping warm' tonight...
♠ ♠ ♠
So I tried to make this longer... And more graphic (the last part was very hard for me :/)

Anyway count on the fight over her killing his dad happening soon. I can't keep the. This lovey dovey forever... They would never get anything done!