Sequel: The Takeover
Status: It's finally finished! Which makes me sad... I miss writing Elessar and Idril :/

Criminal

Epilogue

It took Elessar roughly half a year to recover from the loss of his mother completely. He had good days and he had bad. But everyday he had wished to hunt down the dragon that caused this. Idril was the only thing that kept him calm, and stopped him from blindly running into the dragon's lair.

Until an unexpected, and extremely unkempt, guest showed up on the castle doorstep. Apparently the dragon had taken Idril's mother to use as a method of persuasion, had Elessar not murdered its vessel. And if a person being control by a dragon is killed (while the dragon is still using the body, of course) it considerably weakens the dragon. They have to sleep for weeks, months even.

So Elessar had unknowingly put a dragon on death's doorstep, for a short period of time, which saved the kingdom and allowed Idril's mother to escape and return to the kingdom. Her mother told us of the dragon's torture and rape. He kept her chained to a wall with very little in the means of food and drink. And I suppose he had a taste for the flesh of a woman, especially if he took a human form to rape her. It takes a considerable amount of energy for them to change between forms. Most dragons never bother to shift into a human. Why should they? Humans are weaker... Why waste energy to lose power?

That means we have one of the original 7 dragons on our hands. Lust. How he managed to live out the other six is no surprise. We wouldn't look for a dragon among our own kind, especially not our criminals. So he could rape all the women he pleased, until he was caught and tossed in jail.

Naturally, the story of the dragon's lair sent Idril into a coma of rage. She no longer wished to stop Elessar from killing the dragon, she wished to join him.

That's how the five of us slayed a dragon. It was a great battle, it even made the history scrolls... And Tathar lost his left arm at the elbow. But it was worth it. My old friends were happy again. Especially Elessar... The hole in is heart was not filled by the vengeful killing of the dragon, but it did help him cope. I watched as he stopped brooding all hours of the day and began smiling again.

Then we began planning Idril's coronation. The people of Peltumbe did end up choosing to continue down the line of succession, as if it was ever a doubt. Everyone loved her. And once she was queen she decreed Tathar, Lessie, and I were to continue living under the castle roof as her royal consultants. Which actually stuck... Many kings and queens after her continued to choose four royal consultants, I guess it helps having four extra people to carry the burden of ruling a land.

Then came the royal wedding. Who didn't see that coming? Elessar and Idril continued to be grossly in love until the day they died. They only ever fought over the royal dining hall. Apparently Idril believed the color was too loud and distracted from the taste of the food, and Elessar refused to change the color because color didn't matter. It was so ridiculous. I decided I would rather remain un-betrothed to the day I die than be so in love I make other people sick.

Elessar and Idril reigned the country beautifully. Peltumbe was once again prosperous and the borders remained open. Sure we had a few monsters enter our land but with magik once again legal they were no problem.

Then came the three heirs. Their eldest son Alinar, no doubt the smartest of and most able to lead the kingdom, the middle daughter Daratrine who had the kindest heart I ever did see and was no doubt a Daddy's girl, and finally Orym. Orym was the soldier of the siblings. Looking at his height and bulk no one would ever guess him to be the youngest.

Elessar and Idril were granted the happiest, and loveliest family every to grace this world. They were all respectful, kind, and extremely bull-headed... And they were the most stunning elves I ever laid eyes on. Who would have though Elessar could have attractive children?

It was a privilege to have known them, watch them mature, as well as their children.

It wasn't a privilege to watch them die.

It was Idril and Elessar's 2,000 year anniversary of the throne and they hadn't aged a day. After years of study on the topic, if one's magik is properly fed you can live forever. Unless you choose to age.

Anyway, it was the at the end of the week festival in their honor. They took the podium to thank the people, as they did everyday of their reign, for without the people's support the would never have taken the throne. Mid speech a man walked up the stairs to the stage they stood upon. This was the single time in my life where time seemed to slow down and I was rendered helpless to stop the on coming events or help the king and queen.

The man pulled a sword from it's sheath and swung it at their necks. With one foul swoop both of my long friends were in two pieces. Then a giant beam of light shot fro their corpses into the sky. I stood in stared in awe as my friends killer was subdued, only to reveal that it was Elwe.

He gone with the former king when he was exiled to human territory, and was brainwashed into seeking revenge on Idril and Elessar for the ex-king. I guess evil trumps old best friends in the game of revenge. I still do not know what he would do such a thing.

Before Elwe could be taken away to be prepped for immediate execution the light exploded. Everything went completely white for what felt like years. When our vision was restored we learned our magik had been taken.

For 2,000 years elves used magik, we became dependent on it... Hardwork had become a thing of the past, all we had to do to accomplish a task was dream it. Then it all vanished. And the world was new again. Anything built, created, or grown with magik disappeared as well, and nature began to reclaim what we had taken from it.

Which caused chaos for the creatures that inhabited Peltumbe...

But brought peace to the land, itself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bam. There's Corinth summing up all of the important happenings in Peltumbe and how it was brought to peace.

She couldn't be bothered to go into extravagant detail or put a lot of emotion into it. She had to remove her feelings (or at least most of them) and tell it was it happened. Which meant leaving out a great deal of fluff.

Okay I'm going try and get the first chapter of the sequel up tonight... But no promises!