Sequel: The Takeover
Status: It's finally finished! Which makes me sad... I miss writing Elessar and Idril :/

Criminal

Chapter Five

"Come in! It's so good to see you!" Corinth stopped suddenly when she caught sight of my hand clutching Idril's for dear life. "Oh... I see you have brought a girl with you." She sighed.

"Um, yes... This is Idril." I gestured with one hand to her. "She will be traveling we me for a while." I ran my hand through my hair nervously.

"Ok, come in." She didn't sound nearly as excited as before. She moved aside and I gingery pulled Idril in behind me.

"You can have your normal room, but she will have to be with you. All of our extra rooms are filled or being remodeled." I nodded in response. Corinth was not happy with me, which will make next time I come up here much less fun. She led us to my usual rom and allowed us to put our stuff down then began speaking again.

"Papa expects you on the field tomorrow at dawn. I'll expect to see you before then." She winked at me and glared at Idril.

"What is up with her?" Idril snorted. "And you? You claim to be such a cool guy but you are acting like a terrified child!"'

"I just don't want to deal with Corinth right now." I muttered.

"And why not?" She sounded like my mother.

"Because I know how she is, and I know with you here she'll get jealous. She is going to come in this room and try to sleep with me. Just a warning." I sighed, I'm a major talker when I'm nervous.

"But I'll be in here." She sounded confused.

"That's the point! Do you really think all the rooms are filled?" I pinched the bridge of my nose trying to calm down. "She wants to make you jealous. She's probably hoping that you'll be sleeping in the bed with me so she can shove you off. I really don't want that to happen. Especially if I fall asleep beforehand. I have no idea what I'll do when I'm only partly conscious."

"Oh." She muttered falling into deep thought. I have no idea what she is possibly contemplating. She s append out of it and realized I was staring at her.

"Um... How are we working out this sleeping situation?" She asked nervously. The quiver in her voice gave it away, that wasn't what she was thinking so hard about.

"I assumed we were sharing a bed. The floor is a terrible place for anyone to sleep especially after traveling in this kind of weather. Also you thought I was so comfy this morning." I winked at her.

"I'll just use the ground." She started moving some blankets to the ground. I grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

"I can't let you do that." I said seriously. "Corinth is dangerous, she won't pass up an opportunity. You sleep on the bed closest to the wall so I can be a buffer."

"How is she dangerous? She's just a girl." Se snorted. I grabbed her shoulders and looked deep into her eyes.

"Trust me on this, she is bad news." Idril nodded meakly. Then she jumped as a loud bell echoed through the house.

"Come on, it's dinner time." I stormed off to the dining room. I really hope Idril understands how dangerous Corinth is. She's not to be toyed with, unless you're paying for her 'company' or you're me.

I took my seat at the table and Idril sat on my left. Not five seconds later Corinth walked in and sat in my right. I sighed. There's at least twenty other seats at this table and 7 more more men she could latch onto. But no, I have brought a girl with me, I am more interesting, more fun to toy with.

When the food was set down in front if me I couldn't help but hum with delight. Anything warm and not spoiled is a god send in my world but they cooked my favorite, chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy. This was no doubt Corinth's work. But I don't care, it's delicious and I going to eat it.

I was halfway through my second plate when I felt a hand on my thigh. I calmly set my utensils down and looked at Corinth. I had to tell her no. No matter how tempted I am to say yes, I have to tell her no. Idril is my current project, and to make wooing her work I have to stay away from Corinth. She is old news. She was never really even a project, you just have to smile at her and she'll be all over you.

"Would you ever so kindly remove your hand from my thigh?" I said too kindly trying to embarrass her. She just laughed and moved her hand to my inner thigh and up to tease my... Erm, lower half. I started choke on my bite of food I coughed twice to allow air into my lungs again and glared at her. She smiled innocently and and started a massaging movement with her fingers. I allowed a little of my magik to slip and accidentally shocked her hand. The use of magik is frowned upon in pretty much all of Peltumbe. But this was Corinth, she would be hypocrite.

Corinth gasped and snatched her hand back. I smirked at her and returned to my food. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Idril giving Corinth a nasty look. It felt good to see her jealous, that means my charm was working. I smiled and finished my plate. Then I stood up and walked to the bedroom. I heard hurried footsteps behind me and I knew Idril was following me.

"She's frisky isn't she." Idril muttered, I laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, she is." I chuckled. With that I took my shirt off and crawled into my side of the bed. She just stood there, giving me a questioning look.

"Are you really already heading to bed?" She sounded so confused.

"I have to be up early tomorrow to work on the fields. This aren't normal fields, their magik fields. The plants make antidotes and what not." I shrugged. "I need to be rested. And if you felt inclined to work in the fields as well, we could make double the money." She made a disgruntled face.

"I don't think I can fall asleep just yet." She frowned.

"Well... We could always..." I trailed and winked at her. She turned bright red and spastically shook her head no.

"Wow, I'm mighty tired all of a sudden." She faked a yawn."I guess it's time for bed." She started walking towards me then stopped. Something flickered in her eyes. It looked as of she had an idea.

She started slowly taking her clothes off, with her back to me. She peaked over her shoulder and locked eyes with me as she slipped the shoulder of dress off. She looked down and bit her lip as she pushed the second sleeve down and it cascaded to the floor into a heap of fabric. I couldn't look away and she knew that. When she was only in her undergarments she dashed towards me and leaped underneath the covers.

"Goodnight." She smirked at me then turned around to face the wall. I sighed.

Damn her for leaving me painfully excited... She was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is Idril's POV :)

Comments please?