Status: Feeling inspired

Angel Eyes

I Just Want To Know You

I came home from work at four in the afternoon. It had been a long day at the coffee shop and I really just wanted to catch some z's, but that was not an option, due to my roommate(and best friend), Jayden, who was dancing around our apartment in her underwear while listening to music that was turned up to the point that it shook the floor; something she only did when she was excited about some upcoming event. God help me, whatever it was this time. I somehow always have to tag along with her to stupid parties that always end the same way; Jayden passed out on the bathroom floor, due to excess amounts of liquor.

"Jayden!" I yelled, trying to get her attention over the noise. Of course she didn’t hear me. I walked over to the stereo and yanked the cord. Now that would get her attention. I smirked to myself as she stopped dancing and turned to look at me.

"Haven, what the hell! You're killing my hype."

"I'm not trying to kill your 'hype'." I told her while emphasizing on the word hype with air-quotes.
"What are you so excited about anyways?" I asked, purely out of curiosity as to what hell I will soon be enduring.

"We got invited to Motionless In White's Annual Masquerade Ball!" She informed me with enthusiasm.

"Motionless In White?" I asked.

"Haven, do you live under a rock? They're one of the biggest bands in the scene right now! How do you not know who they are!?"

"Sorry, I haven't really been keeping up with bands much since I started working at the shop."

" Oh, well, you're going. We each got an invite with our names on it. This is the 3rd time they have thrown this event and everyone who went to the last one said it's a night to remember." There was no way I could say no to her, it never worked anyways.

"Fine, when is it?" I asked dreading having to find a dress and a masquerade mask.

"Um, tonight."

"What the hell?! How are we going to find masks and dresses on such short notice?!" I hate last minute plans and she knows it.

"That's the thing, we don't have to."'

"What do you mean?"

"Well, when I came home and found the invites, they were sitting on top of two boxes, one for each of us. Guess what was in the box?"

"A dress and mask?"

"Yes." she said while handing me the box, along with the invitation. "Now, go get ready."

I took the box from her and went to my room. I set the box on my bed and picked up the invitation first. It was printed on black damask cardstock, while the lettering was a metallic gold and the letters were raised. I felt the need to read the invitation, before walking blindly into something. It read:

*Ms. Haven Crimson: you have been cordially invited to the 3rd annual Masquerade Ball, presented to you by Fearless Records' artists, Motionless In White. The ball is at 6:00 P.M. tonight. We hope you can attend.

"Huh, well I guess it seems like a legitimate ball." I said to myself before proceeding to open the box.

I sat down on my bed and pulled the box onto my lap. I lifted the lid and slightly gasped when I saw the dress inside. It was a short black dress that had a corset top and a burlesque skirt. It wasn't a flashy dress, but it was anything but basic. The mask inside was beautiful as well; it was black and silver and covered only half my face. It was a very intricate mask, with the pattern and shape; to say the least, the mask was the statement piece of the outfit. I changed my plugs and left on my signature key necklace. I touched up my eye makeup and then put on my litas and then I finally slipped on the mask and became a stranger.

I walked out of my room with my invitation in hand, and entered the living room and noticed that Jayden was there, but so was our friend Hannah.

"Hey" I said as I walked into the room. "Did you get an invite too?" I asked her

"No, I'm Jayden's plus one." she stated simply.

"Plus one?" I was confused, my invitation said nothing about a plus one.

"Did your invitation not have a plus one on it?" Jayden asked giving me a look of jealousy.

"No, it didn't. Why are you giving me that look? What did I do?" I was scared I had upset her. Jayden was not a very pleasant person if you pissed her off, and sometimes, if you pissed her off bad enough, she'd start throwing punches.

"Anyone who receives an invite without a plus one, is actually invited as the date of one of the band members. What color was the lettering on your invite?" She asked with a questioning look on her face.

"Um, gold. Why, what color was yours?"

"Mine was white. And the gold invitation usually means that Mr. Motionless, himself, has taken interest in the recipient. You lucky bitch." There was envy in the tone of her voice.

"Can we just go and get this over with?" I asked, while heading toward the door.

"Fine, But I hate you right now." She was not going to let this go for a while and I knew it. I just hope this night goes well. I hope to God, Jayden does not get wasted and embarrass me, but it was inevitable that she would; She can't handle alcohol the way others can.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: New Years Day

I'm trying this out; I got inspired by the Angel Eyes video and wanted to write a story loosely based off of it. Even though Angel Eyes is a NYD song, this story is about MIW.
Hope you guys like it.

As always,
Comment&Rate&Subscribe

-SugarxSkullxDaze

Haven's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93861323