Status: Feeling inspired

Angel Eyes

I Don't Mind It, I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

We drove to the location of the party in silence. Jayden was mad at me for some stupid reason, and I mean STUPID reason. I had done nothing to deserve the silence treatment from her. I refused to let her ruin my evening, even though I had not originally wanted to even attend this party. Might as well embrace this moment, because there will most likely be hell to pay tomorrow morning.

"Holy shitballs!" Hannah exclaimed as we pulled up to the location of the party; it was a beautiful castle-like mansion that was tucked away somewhere in the Hollywood hills. There were gates we drove through and a fountain in the front yard; it looks like something you would only see in an actual movie. I feel like I'm living a dream.

"Wow. It's beautiful. Who's house is this anyways?" I asked, while looking at Jayden.

"It's Chris Motionless' house. His family is supposed to be loaded, or something. I don't know, but he has about 4 houses, maybe even more. He's a very powerful man." She said with a glint of lust and greed in her eyes. See, Jayden is what we would call a "potential- gold-digger"; she can't contain herself around wealthy people.

"Oh." was all I could think to say before the valet opened the doors of the car for us. We got out of the car and walked towards the door. Hannah and Jayden were in line in front of me, waiting for security to check the invitations. This was going to be an eventful night, I could feel it.

As I approached the front of the line, I began to study the masks of everyone in line with us. All the masks were different and each was unique and special in its own way; they were all beautiful. As we moved to the front and handed the security guard our invites, I noticed a man standing at the bar that was visible at the end of the room from the door. He was wearing a suit and a simple black mask. He was tall and had tattoos that littered his neck, along with three lip rings that lined his lower lip. He had a presence to him that screamed power, and that's just something you simply cannot ignore.

"That's him.." Jayden whispered in my ear as we crossed the threshold of the door and entered the party.

"Him who?" I asked her.

"Chris Motionless, of course." She said in a tone that she usually uses on someone she thinks is an idiot, which caused me to roll my eyes at her.

"Meet us here at One! Have fun!" She called as she and Hannah disappeared into the crowd of revelers. Great, they were purposely leaving me on my own. Sometimes, I honestly wonder about the two of them. They spend way too much time getting drunk and making out with each other to "impress guys" but I still think there's something there.

I walk towards the bar and ask for the simplest thing, a glass of red wine. I don't like hard liquor, but I do however enjoy a glass of wine every now and then, and right now, I needed it. I was standing at the bar, enjoying my glass of wine, when I felt someone's eyes burning into me; it was him, Chris Motionless. I knew because I could feel the powerful energy that exuded from him. He was standing a few feet away, and was talking to some blonde whose laughter was obnoxiously loud.

I had walked away from the bar and wandered down a few halls, until I found a courtyard that divided the house. There were many flowers and plants and even a few trees, along with a koi pond. I walked and sat beneath a tree with my glass of wine and kicked off my shoes, basking in the comfort of the moon light that was shining down on the courtyard.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I looked up to see that it was in fact, the very strong presence from before.

"Yes, it is." I said not quite understanding as to whether I was agreeing to the night, the courtyard, or even myself being beautiful.

"Why is someone as lovely as yourself..out here all alone?" His voice was as smooth as silk, it was the kind of voice a person could listen to many times, without ever getting sick of the sound of it.

"I actually don’t enjoy parties. I hate the noise and the way everyone's voices echo and reverberate off the walls."

"That's too bad. "

"What is?"

"I would have asked you to dance if you were inside, at the party." He said simply.
"May I join you?" he asked as he proceeded towards me.

"If you want to." I said simply as he sat down beside me.

"That dress looks lovely on you."

"Thank you."

"I'm Chris by the way. Chris Motionless." He said with a smile on his face, which made him almost inviting.

"I'm Haven-"

"-Crimson, I know. I was the one who invited you here."

"I don't understand how or why you did. We've never met before."

"Oh, we have, but it was a long time ago." I shuddered as he said this. Something inside me told me not to fall for his charm, but a more potent part of my mind screamed for me to indulge in his presence.

"Where?"

"At another party, a long time ago." He said as he looked me in the eyes.

"Are you sure about that? I'm fairly sure that I would have remembered meeting someone like you."

"I'm sure, Haven. I remember your eyes. I could never forget a pair of angel eyes."

We sat there and talked for what seemed like hours and when I finally asked him for the time, he told me it was almost one, which prompted me to get up and leave, as I had to meet Jayden and Hannah at the door.

"Wait-" he said as he grabbed my wrist, "when can I see you again?" He asked with a look of longing in his eyes.

"I don't know." I said, feeling kind of awkward and nervous at the thought of seeing him again, and I did not know why.

"How about tomorrow?" He asked while his gaze burned holes in me.

"I-I guess.." I faltered under the weight of his eyes upon me.

He let go of my wrist and I walked away from him and headed in the direction of the door. When I got there, I saw Hannah holding Jayden up, who was drunk beyond belief, of course.

"She drank them dry, didn't she?"

"You know she did." Hannah laughed.

"Let's get her home." I said with a sigh.

I drove home, due to the fact that Jayden and Hannah were both drunk. When we finally made it back to our apartment, after dropping Hannah off at her boyfriend's house, Jayden passed out in the bathroom( after she puked her guts out) and I went to my room, put on my pajamas and laid down in my bed and thought about Chris until I finally succumbed to the sweet comfort of sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Of Mice & Men

Chapter 2 :]

Hope you guys like the story so far.

As always,
Comment&Rate&Subscribe

-SugarxSkullxDaze

Haven's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/angel_eyes/set?id=93886196