Status: Feeling inspired

Angel Eyes

All these pick-up lines from hell, Icebreakers infernal from a heart so black and blue only for you

I was worried about seeing Chris once again. To me it was one of those things you just really wanted to avoid. I began making up a million excuses in my head, but of course, none of them were in anyway believable. I had never gotten so worked up over a dream like this before, it just was not who I was. At least I had work from 8-4, so I could keep my mind off of it, or so I thought.

I received a phone call from the café I worked at around 7:30, they told me not to come in today. When I asked why, they simply stated that the café had burnt to the ground sometime between 2 or 3 in the morning, and there was nothing left but the fire-proof safe, which held the paychecks and all the profits the café had made.

I had other things I needed to attend to today anyways. After I got off the phone with my boss, I walked out to the living room to see if Jayden was in there, and of course, she was. It's sad to say that for the last month, me and my best friend of 20 years, have been having a falling out. We were far too different to see eye-to-eye on anything, and it was tearing our friendship apart.

"Hey," I said while walking into the room, "how's your head?"

"Haven, if you insinuating that I have a hangover, then 'fuck you', because I'm tired of having this conversation about my drinking habits. You need to just worry about yourself and stop worrying about me."

"I wasn't asking because you got shit-faced last night, Jayden. I was asking because you hit your head when we were leaving the party. But if you don't want to talk to me, then fine, be that way. Sorry, if showing concern bothers you." I yelled the last part at her.

"Whatever, Haven. Go fuck yourself with a chainsaw. I'm done."
"Pack your shit then, and get out!"
"Who says I should be the one to leave?!?"

"My parents left me the fucking apartment in their will! This is my home, Jayden! This is where I grew up. This is where I spent my childhood. All my memories are here. My parents died here!" I was getting pissed off.

"Haven- I-I'm sorr-" I cut her off before she could say it. I cut her off before she continuously drug a knife through every wound in my life.

" Save it, Jay. I'm not in the mood for this. I'll see you later." I said before I walked out the door and went down to my car.

My parents died when I was 15. Their wishes were that I would be legally emancipated and allowed to live in the apartment I grew up in. It wasn't actually an apartment, but more like a penthouse in L.A., this was one of many reasons that Jayden envied me. She would probably hate me if I told her how much money my parents had left me when they died.

Along with both of their life insurance policies that totaled at exactly $5 Million each, I was left with exactly $150Million. My father had been a very successful movie director, who also did photography for high-end fashion magazines on the side. My mother had been a model and an actress as well; she was such a beautiful woman, not to mention talented.

I was given everything under the sun, while Jayden had never been given anything in life. In a way, I felt bad for who I was and what I had been given, but in my heart I knew I shouldn't because if Jayden really cared about me, she wouldn't make me feel guilty for having the things I have. I don't flaunt the wealth, neither of my parents did, so why should I?

Jayden only knew about the penthouse and the cars. There were only two signs of my parent's wealth, and both were cars. His black Lamborghini Reventon and my mom's custom Bentley. There were more cars, but a good majority of them were bought at auction to an anonymous buyer; As stated in my parent's will, about a third of the cars would be sold at auction and the money made, would be put into fixing the penthouse if something tragic were to happen within its walls. It was like they knew they were going to die within those walls; they prepared for everything that had happen.

I sighed as I got into my car, a brand new pink-pearl Toyota Highlander, which I had bought with my own money. I don't understand how Jayden could be so selfish. I allowed her to live with me. I didn’t charge her rent, didn't ask her to pay any bills, or anything else monetary. All I had asked her was to be respectful and pick up after herself, neither of which she did. I just didn’t know what to do about her anymore. I was tired of being mooched off of and I was tired of her attitude and party lifestyle.

I drove to Starbucks and got my morning latte and then headed to go pick up my final paycheck from my job. After that, I spent the afternoon shopping, and then went home. When I arrived, I noticed that Jayden's car wasn't parked in the garage, which made me happy since I honestly did not want to continue fighting with her. I got on the elevator to go up to my house, which was something I have done for as long as I can remember. I always walked with my keys laced between my fingers; just in case someone wanted to mess with me.

I froze when I saw a tall man wearing a hooded jacket standing beside my door with his back facing me. I stood there silently calculating my options and how much time it would take to get in the door with him that close, or if I even could do it quietly enough. I was about to turn and go back to my car and leave, when he turned around, giving me sight of his face; Chris. Part of me was relieved, while another part of me screamed to stay away; of those parts of myself, the latter was the loser. There was something about him that drew me in, and I had a feeling, somewhere deep inside of me, that this would be my downfall.

"Haven." he said my name as though it were a secret, as though it needed to be whispered to keep it from others. He has a slight smile on his face; a face that was even more handsome without the mask. His eyes shined in the bright lights of the hallway.

"Hi." I was nervous. Him knowing where I lived without ever having been here before, scared the shit out of me.

I moved towards the door and unlocked it. I flipped on the light switch and then turned towards him.

"Would you like to come in?"

"I thought you'd never ask." He said with a laugh, a laugh that gave me goose bumps.

He crossed the threshold with such grace. He turned to close the door, concealing his face from me, and locked the door. I may have just made a horrible mistake.

He turned and faced me with an evil grin on his face. He began closing the space between us, causing me to back myself into the couch.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you to not let strangers in? Especially, evil incarnated?" He said standing a few feet from myself.

"What are you talking about?!" I was terrified and he could hear it in my voice.

"Don’t you recognize me, Haven? You were dreaming of me last night, after all."

"How do you-"

" I know everything, Haven. Just as God knows all, so do I." He said with a prideful smirk, a smirk that made my heart speed up and feel as though my heart was going to explode inside my chest.

"No!" Was all I screamed as I ran towards my room. But I didn’t make it that far, before I felt Chris's hand wrap around my wrist and turn me to face him. His face was vicious, evil, and filled with malevolence. I only saw his face for a moment, before he spun me by my wrist once more, so my back was against his chest. When he could no longer see my face was when I started to cry, for his expression revealed all the evil in the world, and I knew then with certainty, that I had made the worst mistake of my life; I let the wrong one in, and I will never make it out.

"You know. Good. But just in case you have it wrong inside that innocent little mind of yours, I'll say it out loud for you, just this once." He said, just before he pinned me to the ground and moved close to neck. He pressed his lips to my neck just once before he moved my hair away from my ear and leaned in a whispered the words that would confirm exactly what I thought.

"My true name is Lucifer. I am Satan. I am temptation, lust, and murder. I am all that man fears. I am The Morning Star. Haven, you just allowed the Devil into your life. Not even Hell will forgive me for what I'm about to do to you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: HIM

This is one of the most important chapters of this story, this sets the tone of the whole story from here out. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

As always,

Comment&Rate&Subscribe.

-SugarxSkullxDaze

Thanks For The Comments:
TheRockshowChick
Haleyscissorhands
ppoltergeist

Haven's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/angel_eyes/set?id=93886844