Status: Feeling inspired

Angel Eyes

Time To Waste

It's been an entire week since I last saw Chris. He didn't come back to my house after the night he kissed me and then freaked out when I had kissed him. I felt as though he'd fallen off the face of the earth. I felt as though he wasn't real, as though he was just some creation of my overactive imagination.

I walked out of my room and went into the kitchen to make myself coffee. When I walked out into the living room though, I saw Jayden. We had not spoken in a week as well, and I felt as though I needed to make things right.

"Good morning." I said quietly with a voice that was still filled with sleep.

"Morning." She was still mad, her tone and body language said it all.

"Do you want any coffee?"

"Yeah."

I walked into the kitchen and made two cups of Caribou coffee from the Keurig coffee maker. I added International Delight Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream creamer till it was a light tan color and then added four small spoonfuls of sugar and then took a sip. It was perfect. I made Jayden's almost the same way, except with an extra spoonful of sugar, she liked hers extra sweet.

I was just about to hand Jayden her coffee, when I heard a knock on the door. I set down both cups and went to look through the peephole and saw that it was the devil himself; Chris. I opened the door and stepped out into the hall, before he had a chance to come in and ruin my apology to Jayden.

"Aren't you going to let me in, Haven?" He asked with a slight grin.

"You came at a bad time, Chris. I really need to talk to my roommate and apologize for being a jerk."

"Come on, Haven. Let me in."

"No, Chris."

"Fine, but I'll be back later and you cannot say no to me then." He said before turning on his heel and walking towards the elevator. "I'll see you later, and remember, you can't say no."

I watched as the elevator doors closed in front of him. I was afraid of what he said for some unknown reason. Maybe because he was an extremely intense person, or because he lived in the moment from what I could tell; Speaking of course from personal experience, he had caught me off guard twice before, who knew how many more times he would surprise me the way he has.

I walked back inside and picked up the coffee cups. I walked over to the couch and handed Jayden her cup. I then went and sat on the pulled out bed that was a part of the loveseat. I looked at her, and wished for the strength to be patient with her.

"Jayden, I'm sorry. I know I get on you a lot, and I know it's wrong, but I don't have anyone close to family anymore and I consider you and Hannah to be my family. I worry about you, and I know it irritates you, and for that I apologize, but you and I both know it's just how I am."

"Haven, I forgive you. I always do. You just need to realize that I'm not you. I wasn't raised in a wealthy household with fancy things and maids and dinner parties with famous actors and actresses. We're from two polar opposite worlds. But that’s okay, because how we were raised has no true reflection on who we are as people; all that matters is that we're honest and loyal to one another." she finished with a smile.

"Now, why wouldn’t you let that handsome man in?" she said with a laugh.

"I wanted to talk to you, and if I would have let him in there's no way in hell you would have been able to pay attention to me."

I walked over to the kitchen and put my empty coffee cup in the sink and then headed to my room. I grabbed my clothes for the day and then walked into my in-suite bathroom and got ready.

Jayden just didn’t understand; Chris wasn't like the guys she would bring home. Chris was sophisticated in a way no one could ever pin-point. He was suave, debonair. He was the type of guy who romances the women he's chasing after, the kind of guy who brings flowers and gives small gifts and makes every kiss magical.

I walked out of my bathroom and just about died, mostly from not expecting to see Chris sitting on the edge of my bed with his legs crossed. He flashed me that breathtaking smile that was rare to see, and even though I should be pissed he is in my room, casually sitting on the edge of my bed like he was invited in here. I gave him a look that said 'you're kidding right?'.

"Haven, I told you I'd be back and you cannot say no to me." He said with a smirk.

"Fine, Chris. Whatever. Now please tell me that Jayden let you in."

"Why, of course. I don't just go breaking into people's apartments." he said with a laugh.

"Okay?" I said with a shaky voice. "What do you want anyways?"

"I want to spend the day with you to be completely honest."

"Why me? Why not spend it with your actual friends?"

"Well, you see.." He began, as he started rubbing his neck, he was nervous about what he was about to say, and it showed. "Being evil is exhausting. I spend all day and all night witnessing all the evil and chaos in the world and for what? Just to let another bastard into my kingdom? Fuck. Even I don't want those souls."

"You weren't kidding when you said you were the Devil?"

"Of course I wasn't kidding!" He stood up and threw his hands up in the air, clearly out of frustration.

"I'm sorry." I said, suddenly feeling very small.

"What would drive you to believe I was lying?" He asked, with a look of irritation.

"I just.. I.." I couldn't tell him why I thought such a thing.

"Well?"

"I guess it was mostly because you didn't harm me in anyway."

"I can always change that my dear. Don't piss me off and you won't get harmed."

"Okay."

"Now, if you are done here, can we go? I want to spend as much time with you as I can."

And with that, we left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, it's been quite a while; I've just been so busy! I had to move, I started a new job, and school just started back up for me. Well, this is a chapter I started writing after I wrote the last one I posted, but didn't finish it until just now..

anyways, enjoy!

As always,
Comment,Rate,Subscribe.

-EyesOnFire