Status: Feeling inspired

Angel Eyes

I may not have built this kingdom but, I'll make ***ing sure that I protect it from you.

*2 weeks later*
It had been about two weeks since I last saw Haven. I tried to contact her, but it was to no avail. She was avoiding me. I even tried to enter her apartment, but when I grabbed the doorknob my hand felt as though it was burning; someone had casted protection over Haven and her house.
There are things I never told her, at least not yet. Haven would not have been able to cast a protection prayer over herself, at least not with the help of an angel, and an extremely high-ranking angel at that.

I walked down the street and entered the Starbucks I always get my coffee from. As I waited in line, I heard a girl laugh, I knew immediately that it was Jayden, Haven's best friend. I ordered my drink and headed over to talk to her. I approached her. She was alone and was staring at her computer; she must have been laughing at something she read.

"Jayden." I said her name, trying to get her attention which wasn't hard.

"Oh, hey Chris." she said with a smile. "Haven't seen you around lately."

"Yeah, I know." I told her.

"Oh, so how have you been?"

"Not so great, to be honest." she looked at me with a knowing look.

"Look, Chris, I- well I don't know how to tell you this but, Haven has been hanging around with this guy name Gabe for the past week and a half."

When she said the name Gabe, my heart lodged itself deep in the pit of my stomach. It all made sense now. Gabriel, the archangel, and my former friend and ally, once upon a time. Ever since the war, he has been my enemy. They loathed me. They casted me out of Heaven. They changed my name, made it into something foul. They killed my reputation. I was once the Mourning Star, the Light Bearer, but now? They called me adversary or the accuser of the brethren.

Gabriel knows that I have only ever had one weakness;Derdekea. She is said to be the salvation of man. Derdekea is said to be sent to Earth every 100 years to fix the mess humanity creates. She is sent unknowingly to this world, and is forced to endure a meaningless tragedy in every life cycle. She is always given a name that means safety or salvation. In this cycle, she is known as Haven.

In every cycle, I track her down, I try to spare her from the emotional pain they make her withstand, but it's always useless; like trying to hold onto sand as the tide pours in to meet the shore. I have always loved her. Since the time of my creation, I have loved her. Gabriel has always known of my love for Derdekea, and he has always been jealous of my love for her, so much so, he has always fought for her attention, which she has never reciprocated. Still he always tried.

"I'm sorry, Chris, I really am. I think she's being stupid, I mean, she even kicked me out. She hasn't talked to me in a week."

"Where are you staying?"

"I've just been couch surfing. I don't have a permanent place yet."

"Why don't you come crash at my place, I have more then enough space at my house."

"Alright. I mean, if you don't mind." she smiled.

"I wouldn't have offered if I did."

"Okay."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I lay in bed later that night, after getting Jayden all settled in and acquainted with the rest of the guys, I couldn't help but think about Haven. I wondered how she could fall so easily for Gabe, as Jayden had called him. I knew that somehow, our father, our creator, was involved. The others were all jealous. I was his favorite, I think he always knew I was not complacent. He is all knowing after all. It may just be time to pay him a visit. Because, I would give everything I have, just to have her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Immaculate Misconception by MIW

Saw my story on tumblr earlier, kinda got embarrassed; mostly because I haven't written anything lately and because I get somewhat embarrassed by my story being on there. Anyways, enjoy lovelies :3​​

What do you guys think about Gabriel?