Status: the story is overrrrr. BUT ficlets here and there!

Lightning in a Bottle

Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you!

The house was massive. I guess it would have to be to fit all our friends and family comfortably, right?

My aunt and Will were mingling in the kitchen with Niall’s family while Finn and Theo ran around the house playing, loudly, with each other. The lads had commandeered Niall from me and were talking amicably about something or other while I was with my friends discussing the big day ahead.

I was so distracted with everything going on; Louis screeching about the bachelor and bachelorette parties happening later tonight, talking to my families, freaking out with the girls on what dresses they had for me to choose from, that I didn’t notice Josh and Harry were gone until they came back.

“We’ve got a surprise for you!” Josh cheered as he dashed into the house, with en equally excited looking Harry.

I stood from the couch as they came into the room B-lining it straight for me, “I don’t know if I can handle any more surprises…”

Niall came up behind me, pulling me into his chest affectionately, “What’s one more, right?” he cooed in my ear.

“Yeah, but this one is from us!” Harry scoffed.

Niall scoffed right back, “Not really.”

“Yeah, well we went and picked it up!” Josh argued.

“Why don’t you just show her the surprise then, yeah?” Louis cut it. “Such children,” he mumbled under his breath.

Both Harry and Josh sneered at him before they smiled back at me, “You ready?” Harry asked.
“Sure?” I shrugged.

“Alright, come on in!” Josh yelled at the still opened front door.

I saw his boots first, but as soon as he was all the way in the door, I was launching myself at him. “Daniel! You’re here!”

He laughed as he hugged me to him when I jumped, “Of course. You didn’t think I was going to miss my sister wedding, did you?” He scoffed, “Please, I’ve had my plane ticket for months. I was supposed to be here last night but my plane was delayed.”

I pulled Daniel into the house and he was greeted by everyone. Harry came over and threw his arm over my shoulder, “Surprised?”

I wrapped my arm around his middle into a side hug, “Yes. Thank you.”

“Don’t let him take the credit,” Koda scoffed as she came over to Harry’s other side. She smirked as he wrapped an arm around her too. “He and Josh were just the pickup. Niall’s the real master mind.”

I blushed and hid my face in Harry’s shoulder, “I’m starting to realize that.” When I looked back up I spotted Niall across the room, talking to my brother happily. I smiled as I watched him lean back into one of his full body cackles that I loved so much. He looked so happy it hurt almost to look at. “Excuse me,” I mumbled to Harry and Kota before I walked myself over to the love of my life.

He didn’t even glance my way when I walked up, just opened his arms to me and pulled me against him as my brother made a gagging noise jokingly. “You guys are sickening,” he muttered before he walked off.

I wasn’t even a little sad to see him go as I wrapped myself into Niall more. My arms went around his neck as I buried my face in shoulder. “I love you,” I mumbled against his skin. I smiled when I felt him shiver. “I love you so, so much. You know that?”

“I do,” he whispered into my hair, “But it’s still nice to hear.”

I came out from hiding in his neck and smiled up at him, “I can’t believe you did this.”

He dropped his forehead to mine, “I can’t believe you said yes to it. I was so nervous this wouldn’t be what you want.”

“I want anything with you.”

I only saw his smile for a second before he brought his lips to mine. The noise of our family in the house fell away and it was just him and me, and the amazing way he was moving his lips and tongue with mine. It was making me breathless but I didn’t want to stop.

“Okay you two!” I heard Louis as he popped my Niall bubble. “Break it up, there are children in the room you know.”

Niall and I dethatched with an audible smack and I playfully glared at Louis, “Last I checked you were like, 24.”

“Not me you muppet!” he scoffed. “Anyways, say your goodbye’s to each other now,” he dropped an arm around Niall’s shoulders. “You won’t be seeing him until you walk down that aisle tomorrow.”

“Um, what?” Niall asked confused, refusing to lighten his grip on my waist.

Louis sighed and rolled his eyes, “We, as in just all the lads here this weekend, are taking you to dinner and then your stag party.”

Niall scoffed, “I thought we were all going to dinner together?”

“Change of plans,” Blue said coming over and prying me away from Niall. “We’re doing separate dinners so we can start the hen party early.”

“Yeah, so say goodbye and you’ll see each other tomorrow,” Louis continued.

“What about tonight, you know, when we sleep?”

Louis scoffed obnoxiously, “It’s bad luck to see the bride the night before the wedding! You lot made me wait like, 24 hours to see Eleanor! You only have to wait like, what? 12 hours? You’ll live.”

“So, Ayden,” Blue said shaking my shoulders. “Say goodbye to this adorable little Irish peach,” she reached over and pinched Niall’s cheeks, causing Louis to holler with laughter. “We’re going out and getting drunk and possibly see some naked men, who knows?”

Niall glared at her and Louis, “Excuse me?”

“Come off it Niall! You made me get like 5 lap dances at my stag night! You can let your fiancé sit through a couple!”

I was aware how loud Louis was being when he yelled all that. I could feel the embarrassment radiating off Niall as he glanced at our family behind us somewhere. I chose not to look.

I shrugged when he looked back to me, “Doesn’t seem like we have much of a choice babe.”

“You don’t,” Blue and Louis said at the same time.

Niall rolled his eyes as he kissed my lips slowly, “I’ll see you tomorrow yeah? I’ll be the one at the end of the aisle?” Louis snorted at that, and the grunted when Niall backhanded his chest.

I giggled, “I’ll see you tomorrow. Have fun tonight, yeah?”

He kissed my cheek, “You too.” He glanced at Blue, “You take care of her.”

Blue waved him off, “She’ll be fine. I’ve been taking care of her for years before you showed up. I think I know what I’m doing.” She patted his cheek in a patronizing manner, “You have a fun night with your lads. Make sure my own fiancé doesn’t get to car parked?”

“No, I think I’ll get him nice and drunk, just as payback for taking my bird from me.”

Louis and I shared an eye roll at their exchange, “Yeah, okay,” Louis interrupted, “We’re leaving!”

*****

I mostly woke up from the sun beaming down on my face and a slight headache. But what really pulled me from my slumber were the careful fingers running through my hair. When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was an adorable sleeping Finn next to me. I ran my fingers through his hair softly before I rolled over and saw my aunt sitting on the bed beaming down at me, “Good morning my love. How was last night?”

I smiled as the memories of last night flitted through my mind. After dinner with the girls, my aunt and Niall’s mom excused themselves from the festivities, taking the little boys with them. After that, that’s when things got a bit mental.

We found this chip ‘n dale dance club that had way too many half naked, overly buffed men roaming around. All I really remember was Blue and Dani forcing drinks into my hand, dancing on tables with Perrie and Sophia while Dakota and Eleanor making sure none of us drinking did anything too insane. We didn’t want to draw unwanted attention from the media. Then I remember crawling into bed with a sleeping Finn and falling asleep.

“It was good. I had an amazing time.”

“Are you ready for your big day?”

I got butterflies in my stomach. I was getting married today, “I’m more than ready I think.”

She got teary eyed then, “I can’t believe you’re all grown up and getting married!”

“Aw,” I cooed as I sat up and pulled her into a hug. “It’s not like anything is really changing.”

“You’re last name is changing. That’s a big deal you little brat,” she scoffed. “I mean, if feels like yesterday you were born and became this huge part of my life that helped me grow up! And now I’ve got international pop stars calling me and asking for my blessing to give you this surprise wedding and, oh my god, you’re not 11 anymore!” she cried dramatically.

I laughed and let her pull me into her more as she whipped her eyes. “Did he really call you and ask for your blessing?”

She nodded, “Yeah, when he was in Japan. He wanted to know if I’d be okay with it, and help him figure all the details out. Ask if I thought this was what you really wanted.”

“And what you say?”

She scoffed, “Well we’re here aren’t we? And you’re happy yeah?”

“I’m ecstatic actually.”

She padded my face affectionately, “Come on. Shower while I wake everyone up. We’ve all got a busy day, and we have to keep you and Niall occupied and away from one another.” I scoffed and she pinched my cheek, “Don’t knock traditions sweetie. Now get in the shower!”

*****

“Okay!” Dakota shouted as she ran back into the room where all the girls were getting ready. I was in nothing but a slip as Eleanor and Perrie did my hair and makeup while Blue and Dani were running in and out of the room helping with set up and making sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to. Sophia was steaming wrinkles out of everyone’s dresses, while hiding my wedding dress choices from me. I apparently couldn’t choose until I had my hair and makeup done. “So I’ve got ‘something borrowed,’” she said holding up the guarder Eleanor wore on her wedding day. “Which, I mean technically could be ‘something old’ too, but just in case, Aunt Jenny gave us this,” she held up this old beautiful hairclip that had diamonds and pearls on it, before handing it to me. “She said your mom wore it on her wedding day. You’re father got it for her when they were dating or something,” she said softly. “But if you didn’t want to wear it, she’d find you something else and-”

“No!” I said instantly. I didn’t want to wear it because it was my mothers. I wanted to wear it because it was something my father had once picked out for the love of his life. “I want to wear it.” Eleanor smiled softly at me as she took it from my hands and she and Perrie went about figure how to put it into my hair.

“Okay, so ‘borrowed’ and ‘old’ is done,” Kota checked off mentally.

“And something new can be her dress,” Sophia offered.

Dakota pointed at her like she was the smartest person to walk the earth, “Yes! Okay, now ‘something blue.’ Shit! I forgot to find something Blue!” She was back to full freak out mode and rambling on about how she was to find something blue for me to walk down the aisle when my best friend walked back into the room talking quietly with Dani.

“Kota, calm down,” I said gently.

“I can’t calm down!” she shrieked. “I only had one job and I’ve mucked it up! How could I forget ‘something blue’!”

I couldn’t help laughing at her meltdown, “We already have something blue, Kota.”

“What?!”

I laughed and pointed to my best friend across the room, “There. There is my ‘something Blue’.”

At the sound of her name she looked up and noticed everyone staring at her, “What?”

“You’re my ‘something Blue’… Literally.”

She beamed at me, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I giggled.

Dakota sighed, relaxing, “Thank god. I was about to lose my shit.”

“’About too’?” Perrie laughed.

“Shut up.”

*****

I ended up picking this short, lace wedding dress, with full lace sleeves. It was perfect and I instantly fell in love with it when I saw it. “But I’m going barefoot,” I argued to my friends. “This is my wedding and I’m not wearing uncomfortable heels.”

“But-” Perrie started but Blue interrupted her.

“She’s already made up her mind,” she huffed. “She’s going barefoot.”

Before anyone else could argue, there was a knock at the door, “It’s Josh can I have a minute with Ayden please?”

Blue rolled her eyes as she and everyone else made it for the door, “Fine,” she said as she opened the door for him, “But make it quick we’re about to start.”

He sneered at her playfully, “I only need a minute!” he said before he shut the door in her face. When he turned towards me though, he froze. “Wow Ayden you look… beautiful.”

I bit my lip embarrassed. I glanced down trying to whip away imaginary wrinkles, “You think?”

“Without a doubt.” He came over to me and pulled me into a hug, “I’m happy for you,” he said against my ear. “Truly I am.”

“Thank you,” I smiled as we pulled apart.

“But as one of your best mate, I have to say; If you need an out, just like… I don’t know, snap your fingers and I’ll create a diversion and we can make a run for it!”

I laughed, “Thanks, but… I don’t think I’ll be needing that out.”

He shrugged laughing, “I figured as much, but just thought I’d offer.”

If you would have told me years ago that I’d be standing, talking to Josh on my wedding day to someone other than him, I wouldn’t have believed you. I never thought that when we ended things we’d still be such close friends, but I wouldn’t change it for anything. In a lot of ways, he helped me get to this point right now. He helped me grow up and decide that I was worth more than just casual hookups and realize I wanted more out of life. And for that I’d be forever grateful.

A few minutes later Blue busted back into the room with Harry following behind her. “Okay, beat it Josh, we’ve got a wedding to start.”

He rolled his eyes at her before turning and kissing my cheek lightly, “Remember, just snap your fingers.” And then he was out the door, not before smacking Blue playfully and clapping Harry on the shoulder.

“Why are you snapping your fingers?” Harry laughed.

I shrugged, “In case I needed an out.”

“Do you?” Blue asked. “Because it’s not too early to make a run for it if you don’t want to marry that knob.”

“Hey!” Harry scoffed, “That knob is my mate!”

“Yeah, but she’s my best friend, I’m supposed to help her get out of shit.”

“Guys! I don’t need an out. I don’t have cold feet or an unsure thought at all. I’m ready to do this!”

The both smiled at me, “I figured,” Blue said.

I turned to Harry, “So you’re really walking me down the aisle than?”

“You promised I could!”

I nodded, “I did, and I’m happy you’re doing it. Just,” I glanced between the bother of them, “Do you mind if Blue walks with us?”

“Really?” She beamed.

I smiled, “Of course. You’re my ‘something Blue’ remember. And where would I be if you weren’t by my side my whole life?”

“Hear that Harry, I’m more important than you.”

He scoffed, “Only because you have a cool name and you happen to know her since birth.”

“Whatever.”

“You two are impossible,” I laughed.

“You love us! Jinx!” She and Harry said at the same time.

“Wow, I’m really getting The Shinning vibe from you two right now. It’s weird.”

“Yeah, that was weird wasn’t it?” Harry chuckled. “But you ready to do this?”

I nodded, “Yep.” Then a thought occurred to me, “Wait, is there a minister here? Who’s marrying us?”

Blue and Harry both looked like they were about to laugh, “Oh, this is going to be great,” Harry mumbled.

“Seriously, a day to remember,” Blue agreed.

“Guys…?”

Blue waved me off, “Come, it’s time.”

*****

“Are you shitting me?” I mumbled to my two friends as I glanced out to the backyard. I couldn’t’ even focus on how fit Niall looked in his dress pants, white dress shirt and black vest on. All I could see was Louis Tomlinson standing at the head of the makeshift altar. “You’re letting Louis marry us?”

“I told you it was gonna be great,” Blue giggled.

“See, Niall thought I’d be cool to have one of us get ordained online and do it,” Harry explained. “And well, you know how excited Louis gets about things. So he like, jumped at the chance and got ordained like right then.” He shrugged, “He said he had everything under control. It’ll be fine. If anything it’ll be a laugh.”

I sighed thinking it over, “You’re right. I may just laugh myself into becoming a Horan.”

*****
I was vaguely aware of my two best friend escorts as we walked down the makeshift backyard aisle, but all I could truly focus on was Niall. He was all fidgety and excited when his eyes landed on me and I felt the same way. I wanted to run to him instead of taking slow careful steps to him.

But then after what felt like ages, Harry was slipping his hand into mine and I was in front of Niall after way to long without seeing him. “Hi,” he said quietly, “You look stunning.”

“You’re not wearing any shoes babe,” Louis stage whispered into my ear.

I shoved his face away from mine, “I’m aware Louis, now are you gonna marry us or not?” I smirked.
He smirked right back, “Right, that’s what I’m here for!” He cleared his throat, “So… yeah. Uh, dearly beloved!” He said dramatically, with hand movements and all. “We’re gathered here today to… see a wedding!”

Niall rolled his eyes and glared at his band mate, “You said you studied!” He hissed. I had glanced at our family and friends and saw that they were all trying not to laugh- Harry was failing.

“Yeah well, I did! I watched an episode of One Tree Hill! You know, the one where Lucas and Payton finally get married? Yeah, I know what I’m doing!”

“If you use lyrics from ‘Every Rose Has its Thorn,’ I will end your life right here,” I chuckled referring to the episode he mentioned.

He scoffed, “No, that song sucks!”

“Do not use our lyrics either mate,” Niall warned.

Louis faced dropped, “Oh.”

Niall looked pained but I just giggled and squeezed his hand, “This is already amazing.”

“I’m just gonna improvise,” Louis concluded. “So, we all know how much these two love each other. I mean, they rarely keep their hands off each other, am I right?”

“Louis!” Niall warned.

He ignored him and kept talking, “And they fight so passionately too.”

“I’m so sorry,” Niall winced at me.

I squeezed his hand again, “It’s fine,” I whispered back.

“When Niall started talking about the ‘fit bird’ that worked at the bakery-”

“I never called you a ‘fit bird,’” Niall interrupted.

“Hey, do you want me to marry you or not? Who’s the ordained minister here?”

“Then get on with it Lou!”

“No,” I interjected, “I’m liking where this is going. Continue Louis.”

“Thank you Ayd. I’ve always loved you, you know? Anyways,” he went on. “I’ve never seen or heard Niall talk about anyone the way he talks about Ayden. None of us have. She came into his life like a tropical storm, knocking him on his ass and he fell in love with her so hard.” He smiled as he patted Niall’s cheek only to have it swatted away. “They’ve been through hell and back and still have managed to make it to this moment, to promise each other forever, and that’s rare. I mean, I think they’ve got it more figured out than I do, and I’m about to be a father!” I heard Eleanor snort and we shared an amused look. Louis cleared his throat again, “I believe in love at first sight, and that love concurs all, I mean, the moment Niall set his eyes on Ayden, he was a goner. She was all he talked about.” I watched as a blush spread across Niall’s face as he smiled bashfully at me.

“I remember the day she actually gave him her number. He ran into the recording studio and he was just so excited! He was like “Guys! She gave me her number! I have her number!” we were all happy for him and Liam asked him if he was finally going to ask her out. But Niall, ever the gentleman said he couldn’t do that. See we were about to leave for an American tour and he wanted to wait until he got back to make his move. It was a gamble on his part, but it obviously all worked out, yeah? There have been hard times, and there will continue to be hard times, because that’s how love is. But they’ll overcome it all because they’ve got that true, everlasting love.”

There was a long pause after that. So long, it was almost becoming awkward and Niall and I both turned to him, “Uh, Lou?” I asked.

“I’m trying to think of something else to say!” He whispered.

“How about vows?” Niall questioned.

He snapped his fingers, “Right! Vows! Right so, Liam, rings please!”

Liam came over and held out his hands for both of us.

But what he dropped into my hand wasn’t just a ring. My heart started racing and my stomach filled with butterflies, “A thimble?”

Niall was blushing again, “I’ve got an acorn.”

“Oh my god, we’re exchanging a thimble and an acorn?!”

“This is a Peter Pan thing isn’t?” Louis chuckled, “You two are so weird.”

“Oi! Shut up and get to the vows!” Niall snapped through his massive smile.

“Yeah, yeah I’m getting there,” Louis scoffed. “Now, Niall Horan, do you take Ayden Scarpelli to be your…. Is it lawful? Whatever, do you take Ayden to be your lawful wedded wife? To have and to hold forever and to be her Peter Pan to her… Well not her Wendy cause doesn’t she leave Peter in the end?”

“Louis!” Niall and I laughed.

“Okay, so to forever be her Peter Pan to her Tinkerbelle? Through sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?”

Niall was smiling at me, “Yes! I do.” He slipped the wedding band on my finger in front of my engagement ring and then handed me the acorn.

“Now Ayden,” Louis continued. “Do you take Niall Horan to be your lawful wedded husband? To have and to hold forever and to be his Tinkerbelle to his Peter Pan. Through sickness and tours and amazingly fantastic One Direction album sales?

I snorted a laugh, “I do.” I put the ring on his finger and handed him the thimble.

“Now um… Oh! I forgot, if there’s anyone here who think these two should not be married, don’t you dare say shit, because I will kick you out! None?” he asked instantly, “Okay cool. So I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Niall was already pulling me into a kiss before Louis got all his words out. He wasn’t messing around with this kiss. Not bashful in front of our family at all as he gave me that signature slow Niall kiss that makes me weak in all the right ways.

I didn’t even care about the catcalls coming from our friends and Niall dipped me back, deepening the kiss me. “Alright! Save it for the honeymoon! Children here, remember?” Louis sassed.

Niall straightened us back up but kept his face close to mine. His smile lit up his face and his eyes danced over mine, “I love you.”

“I love you too husband.

“Cheeky Mrs. Horan.”

I laughed, “I love you.”

He hummed, “I love you too. Forever.”

“Forever.”

*****

Sometimes, things are just that simple. I mean, Niall and I had been through a lot. Mainly at our own naive doing, but we learn from it.

Did I know what the future would be for us? Not even a little bit.

Did I expect it to be easy now that we were married? God no, if anything it might be harder sometimes.

But I was ready to face whatever happened. I was ready to start my forever with my Peter Pan. He brought so many amazing people in my life. I don’t know where I’d be without his band mates and their significant others. Especially Harry and Dakota.

He snuck up on me all those years ago, they all did, but I was so glad for it. I never knew you could love someone so much or so deep until Niall Horan forced his way into my life, and I never knew what I was missing without all these fantastic people in my life.

There was still so much life ahead of me, but I was glad I had my Irish popstar to share it with.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!

and what a fine ending it was, yes?
it may be over, but there are still little ficlets and drabbles to come. i already have like, a solid 3 planned. so if you stay subscribed, you can enjoy those as they come!

thank you to everyone who stuck with me through these characters (and demanded a 3rd installment). like, you seriously have no idea what it meant to me to have all of you want more from the story of Ayden and Niall.
I fell in love writing them!

anyways, i hope this was up to par! sad to see it go, but it's just time.

you can always catch up with my other stories too!

and yes, the ficlets are coming!

thanks a million guys!

and happy birthday to Harry, who's not 20 and i don't feel creepy for wanting to bang him now! woo!