‹ Prequel: Perfectly Messed Up
Status: Updated 12/17/19.

Perfection, Thy Name Is Happiness

Ever-Loving

Four months have passed since Sheena and David's son, Shawn was born and things couldn't be better. It's September 2012 and a month before Carly's second birthday. I just can't believe my little girl is gonna be two! I've been thinking lately that I wanna give her a little brother or sister. Already having the experience of finding out I was pregnant and how it was unplanned, I'm prepared for a future pregnancy. Pierre's been thinking about it nearly as long as well. I hope we get working on it very soon. Simple Plan came off a great tour only a couple months ago for Get Your Heart On and are on the downlow for the time being which we couldn't be happier for. Along with our relationship getting stronger as a married couple, but also as parents, my career is thriving as well. This is pretty much the happiest I've ever been and I wouldn't trade it for the world. After a long week at work, I'm home with my loving husband and beautiful daughter to spend the weekend together.

"Welcome home, baby." Pierre greeted as he hugged me.

"Mmm... thank you. I missed you and Carly so much."

"We missed you too. She helped me with a surprise for you."

"What would that be?"

"That, I cannot tell you." he said kissing me.

"Are you sure?" I asked moving to kiss his jawline.

He certainly enjoyed that. That has to get me a different answer.

"Yes." he said looking straight into my eyes.

Fuck. He wasn't budging.

I growled.

"Damnit."

He laughed and kissed me again.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

I smiled after we pulled apart.

"Mommy!" Carly exclaimed running from the living room to the foyer.

"Carly!"

I picked her up and she wrapped her small arms around my neck.

"I missed you, sweetie."

"Miss oo too." she said into my neck.

"How was your day, Miss Carly?"

"Good."

"Did you and Daddy have fun today?"

She nodded excitedly and then looked at Pierre.

"Miss Carly and I headed over to David and Sheena to visit the baby."

He looked at her as I did and she giggled.

"You love little Shawn. Don't ya?"

"Ya."

"Is he cute?"

She nodded, but a second later, she made a face.

"What's wrong?"

"You stinky."

A lot of the time, I come home smelling like a dog. I try to avoid it, but it's really difficult. Pierre laughed.

"Mommy's gonna go shower, ok?"

"Ok."

I let her down and she hugged Pierre's leg.

"Is my surprise gonna be ready when I'm done in the shower and dressed?"

"Of course. Meet me and Carly in the living room when you're done. Then, you'll get your surprise."

I nodded and kissed him one more time.

"I'll be back soon, ok?" I asked Carly.

"Ok. I wuv oo."

"I wuv you, too."

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before making my long-awaited trip to the shower. I dressed and dried my hair, along with putting on some perfume before heading downstairs. When I reached the living room and only saw Carly, I was wondering what in the world was going on.

"Pierre? Carly, where's Daddy?"

She didn't answer me, which caused me to raise an eyebrow.

"Pierre Charles Bouvier, where are you and what are you up to?!"

Just a few seconds later, hands covered my eyes and giggles emitted from Carly.

"Pierre, what's going on?"

"My hands." he said laughing.

"You told me to meet you here."

"Can't have you walking into wherever we'e going with your eyes open, can we?"

"That makes sense. Ok. Let's go."

"Carly, take Mommy's hand. I'll cover her eyes and help lead her in. K?"

"K."

"That's my girl... keep your eyes closed, Mommy."

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Of course, Daddy."

He kneeled down to kiss her on the cheek. Once he came back up, he had a hand covering my eyes and another hand on my back.

"Almost there..."

It seemed like we were in the kitchen as I could smell food.

"...and we're here!"

"Can I open my eyes, now?"

"Yes."

He removed his hand and once I opened my eyes, my mouth dropped. There was a beautiful spread on the dining room table. I saw a number of vegan dishes I had fallen in love with since Pierre and I got together. There was a raw taco salad, spicy BBQ 'chicken' burgers with baked crispy fries, a healthy chocolate chip cookie dough dip and three strawberry smoothies. I immediately gave him a huge kiss on the lips.

"I love it. I love you guys. Thank you so much."

"Our pleasure. It was fun, wasn't it?" he asked Carly.

"Yah. Fun."

"I love you. I love you, too." he said to me before turning to our daughter.

"How long does this all take?"

"An hour maybe? At most. We finished the burgers when you were in the shower."

"This is so sweet. So wonderful."

"We thought you deserved it. You had a real, long, tough week and knew you'd love it."

"You two thought right. My two favorite people in the world doing something just to make Mommy happy is one of the best things in the world to me."

"Can Mommy have a hug?"

"Yah."

"Well, come here then."

I picked her up and got a very nice hug.

"Ready to eat?" Pierre asked, wrapping his arms around me.

"Absolutely." I answered kissing him.

He pulled out a chair for me before placing Carly in her booster seat. He made plates for everybody and smiled when he gave our girl her plate; the smile back was the icing on the cake.

"How's everything?" he asked five minutes later.

"Amazing. Thank you." I said with a look of pleasure on my face.

"Carly? Good?" he asked turning to her.

"Gweat."

"Gweat! Even better!"

She giggled.

A half hour later, dinner and dessert was over and it was nearly seven, about an hour before Carly's bedtime. Pierre wouldn't let me help clean up, so the Princess and I sat on the couch together and began watching Princess and the Frog, of course; it was her favorite movie, by far.

"What are my girls watching?" he asked walking into the living room.

"Princess and the Frog." I replied.

"Carly's favorite movie. Great choice. May I join you, girls?"

"Yah." she answered.

"Wanna sit between us?" I asked Carly.

She shook her head and moved onto my lap. Pierre moved closer and wrapped an arm around my shoulders before kissing me. Shortly before eight, she began yawning.

"Ready for bed?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"No? I think you are."

"No."

"Sweetie, it's time for bed."

"No!" she screamed.

"Charlotte Summer Bouvier, you are going to bed and you're going now, whether you like it or not."

She then decided to run off; Pierre ran to grab her and she proceeded to struggle in his arms and began to wail.

Oh boy.

This was a rare thing with her, but when it happens, it really upsets me.

"Charlotte, calm down. It's okay. You need to just like Mommy and I. She's especially tired tonight." he said stroking her hair.

She slowly but surely calmed down.

"Want me to put her to bed?" he asked.

"No, I got it. I'll see you in our room in ten, fifteen minutes?"

"Sounds good. Goodnight, Carly. I love you." he said, kissing her cheek.

"Wuv oo." she yawned against my shoulder.

Off I went to put her to bed, while Pierre headed up to our bedroom. It didn't take me long to get her ready for bed, which was fantastic.

"You want me to read you a story?"

She nodded.

"What one?" I asked, giving her options.

She pointed to Goodnight Moon. It was her favorite book, just as it was when I was a child. My mom read that book to me countless times.

"I love this one! Great choice, baby girl."

I picked up the book, sat beside her and began reading.

"...goodnight stars; goodnight air; goodnight noises everywhere."

She drifted asleep just a few seconds after I shut the book; I smiled and sat it down before covering her up and kissing her on the cheek.

"Goodnight Carly. Mommy loves you."

I got up and put the book away before heading to the master bedroom. He was there on the bed reading a book of his own.

"Hey there, Mr. Bouvier." I said, creeping up onto the bed toward him.

"Mrs. Bouvier." he asked with a smirk, putting the book down.

I crawled onto him and began to kiss him; I immediately got a response as his arms wrapped around me and made it deeoer.

"Je'taime." he whispered.

"Je'taime aussi."

He flipped me over and began running a hand under my shirt, up my torso and stopping at my bra, I had a hand gripping onto the back of his t-shirt, ready to pull if off any second now.

"Thought you were too tired." he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not too tired for this. Let's go."

"I'm not gonna object to that."

"Good."

We both got up and took our clothes off before I tackled him onto the bed. Several minutes later, I laid next to him with my head on his chest.

"I needed that." I said, breathing heavily.

"So did I."

"How long it's been?"

"Whew... I'd say about three weeks."

"Wow."

"Wow, indeed. How tired are you now?"

"Tired enough to sleep although I want to watch a movie."

"How about we watch a movie till you fall asleep?" he asked, running a hand through my hair.

I nodded and he smiled.

"What movie do you have in mind?"

"Tangled."

"I'll be right back."

He quickly got up, put it into our DVD player, turned our tv on and pressed play. In case Carly woke up, I put on a nightgown while Pierre put boxers on and a pair of sweats before we got back into bed for the feature presentation. I laid my head on his shoulder as he sat up. An arm wrapped around my waist, securing me in place for the duration of the movie. It wasn't too long before I fell asleep in his ever-loving arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
I shouldn't have put this up, but you know how writer's are, since I have various stories I'm working on. I thought of this a few days ago and I couldn't believe it! I wasn't expecting to write a sequel, but I'm excited that I am! Enjoy!

Vegan Recipes