‹ Prequel: Perfectly Messed Up
Status: Updated 12/17/19.

Perfection, Thy Name Is Happiness

Brand New Blessing

I woke up refreshed, not just because I went to bed earlier than usual, but also because I didn't have to get Carly back to sleep. I sat up and noticed the bed empty and wondered why Pierre was.

"Pierre?"

"Good morning, Skyla." he said walking out of the bathroom.

"Good morning. What time is it? My alarm didn't wake me up."

"About ten till eight."

I always set my alarm to eight o'clock on the weekends.

"Fuckin' a. Not worth trying to get those ten extra minutes."

"Still tired?"

"No, but I hate when that happens. How have you been up?"

"A couple minutes. I didn't hear my alarm either."

"It was set to eight too?"

"Yep."

"Come sit. We can wait ten minutes to wake her up. Right?"

"Yeah. I'll come sit."

He sat beside me and kissed my cheek.

"Do we have plans for today?" I asked.

"No. None. Why? What were you thinking?"

"Hmm..."

Just as I started thinking, I became nauseated and ran to the bathroom and vomited. It was horrible since my stomach was completely empty. I peed and sat there for a second before I got up to brush my teeth. I heard Pierre dash to the bathroom as soon as I got back up to pee.

"Skyla?"

"Yeah?" I said weakly.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know. I don't know if it's something I ate yesterday, which I highly doubt or I'm...pregnant. I really hope it's the latter."

He smiled.

"I hope so too. Want me to feel your forehead?"

"Yeah. Just let me brush my teeth first."

He nodded.

Once I did, I sat back down and let him feel my forehead.

"Am I warm?"

"No. You're fine. How long has it been?" he asked, obviously referring to my period.

"A week just like when I found out I was pregnant with Carly."

"Wanna go to the pharmacy?"

"Well, do we have to go grocery shopping?"

"We do. Let's do that."

"Ok. Sounds like a plan." I said smiling.

"Alright. Want me to wake Carly up?"

"No. I'll get it. You get breakfast started."

"Will do." he said kissing me.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

After making myself presentable, I made the short trip to her bedroom. It looked as though she was waking up herself.

"Carly?" I said walking slowly to her bed.

She yawned.

"Is my girl ready to get out of bed?"

She nodded.

"That's good. I can get you ready for the day while Daddy makes breakfast. You like that?"

She nodded again with a huge smile. It doesn't take long to get her clean and dressed for the day, which is a relief. We walked to the kitchen to the smell of bananas and Nutella; it was a heavenly smell.

"Smells delicious. What are you making?"

"Banana pancakes topped with Nutella and bacon for you and Carly."

She thrusted her little fist into the air. This is her favorite breakfast; there's no denying that. We all laughed. She had a huge smile on her face when Pierre set her plate and sippy cup filled with orange juice in front of her. I proceeded to cut her pancakes for her while I waited for my plate. Once I was done, my plate was right in front of me.

"How are they, Carly?" Pierre asked.

She gave him a thumbs up.

"So, we have plans today, Carly. We're going to get groceries today. I was just thinking, how about we eat and head to the park after?"

Her mouth dropped.

"Is that a yes?" he asked laughing.

"Ya."

"Well, once we eat and Mommy and I shower, we'll go. Ok?"

She nodded.

After we ate and Pierre did the dishes, I headed up to the bathroom to shower while he watched her. Once I was done and ready to go, I headed downstairs to watch tv with Carly; she was beyond happy as she watched Dora the Explorer. She moved onto my lap as we watched the show.

"Carly!" I heard from upstairs, minutes later.

She jumped off my lap and ran to the bottom of the stairs. Pierre dashed down the stairs and picked up a squealing Carly.

"Ready?"

"Ya!"

I laughed at the spectacle.

"Is Mommy ready?" he asked giving me a kiss.

"Yes, she is."

He let her down, took her hand while I grabbed her bag, my purse and the stroller. The trip to the store was fairly short and I just wanted to get the shopping done as fast as possible, so I could head to the pharmacy.

"Are you okay?" Pierre asked, touching my shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm just anxious. I just wanna know."

He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Me too, Skyla. Me too."

Several minutes later while they were waiting in line, I slipped away to the pharmacy and picked the same pregnancy tests that I used when I was pregnant with Carly.

"When are you gonna take them?" he asked as we began putting our items on the conveyor belt.

"At wherever we're gonna go eat. I'll let us know the results when we get home. I can't wait."

We ended up at Friendly's aka Carly's favorite restaurant. After ordering, I excused myself to the restroom and let loose the urine that I had been holding for the past thirty minutes. Once I took the tests, I put them into my purse and finished in the restroom before heading back to our booth. Pierre gave me a kiss on the cheek when I came back. He could see the anxiousness in my eyes as I could see his. Once we hit the park, Carly ran off to the swings as Pierre and I followed.

"Push me, Mommy!"

I laughed and began pushing her. Her daddy kept making faces as she swung higher and higher. The joy on her face was so evident; I'd love to see her reaction, if I was pregnant, what it would be? How would she react to the news of her having a little brother or sister? She'd be elated, right? With the way we raise her, she certainly should be. I shouldn't worry about it because that is absolutely ridiculous to think she wouldn't be. After an hour, we headed home and put Carly in her bed for her nap. Pierre and I resorted to our bedroom to look at the tests; my heart was racing at an insane rate.

"Are you okay?" he asked touching my face.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine. Let's just look at them."

I took them out of my purse, one by one. First one: Positive. Second one: Positive. Third one: Positive. I squealed and kissed Pierre, startling him.

"We're gonna have another baby! Oh my God!"

"This is amazing! What are you thinking? Boy or a girl?" he asked with his arms around me.

"It's a little early for that question, but...I'm hoping for a boy! I've always wanted one of each! How about you?"

"A boy sounds perfect."

"And you have all the rights in naming the baby. All of them."

"Really?"

"Really."

He laughed and kissed me.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." I said placing my head in the crook of his neck.

"Do you feel like taking a nap?"

"A nap sounds lovely."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title courtesy of my amazing mom. Pretty much the perfect person to suggest a title in my opinion, seeing as I'm the younger sibling in my family and my brother was two when she found she was pregnant with me. Boy, do I love her!