‹ Prequel: Perfectly Messed Up
Status: Updated 12/17/19.

Perfection, Thy Name Is Happiness

Emotions Run Wild

Come Wednesday, we had our first appointment to see how I was doing. We decided to let David babysit while we were at the doctor's; I wasn't sure as to what her reaction would be today.

"Mrs. Bouvier, Mr. Bouvier. Nice to see you again. Congrats on the marriage. When do you two get married?" my obstetrician greeted.

"About 15 months ago. Seems just like yesterday actually." I said smiling.

"Aww...how is Charlotte doing?"

"Fantastic. When we told her she was going to have a little brother or sister, she hugged Skyla's stomach." Pierre said.

She laughed.

"No one can expect a greater reaction than that." she said.

"Definitely."

Getting proof that I was actually pregnant made it even more real, not just by looking at a few pregnancy tests. I kissed him before the doctor left and I could get ready to leave. As happy as I was, I didn't want to go back to work; to tell Carly that everything went well at my doctor's appointment, then have to go back to work made me sad.

"I'm sad." I told Pierre as we got into his car.

"Why are you sad?" he asked with a confused look.

"I'm gonna see Carly, then I have to head back to work."

He kissed my cheek and smiled.

"You'll be home before you know it. Would it make things better if we went out to dinner tonight?"

That instantly put a smile on my face.

"Sounds wonderful."

"And we can eat wherever you want."

"Are you sure?"

"100%."

I kissed and he kissed me back.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you, too."

"So, are we ready to pick up Carly?"

And off we were at David's ready to pick her up. The second I knocked on the door, I heard Carly dash toward the door and jiggle the knob; I internally laughed. After a few seconds of frustration, she got the door open.

"Mommy!" she said raising her arms.

I picked her up and spun her around.

"How's my girl?"

"Good. Baby?"

"Very good."

"Yay!"

"How was she?" I asked David.

"Great, as always. She was a bit excited though. She wants to know all about what's going on with her brother or sister." he said with a laugh.

"Is that so?" I asked Carly.

"Ya."

"Well, I'm gonna show you a picture when I get home. Sound good?"

She nodded.

"Well, thank you for watching her. It means a lot."

"Don't mention it. I enjoy having her here."

I smiled and told him goodbye before Pierre talked to him for a quick minute. While this was going on, Carly wrapped her arms around my neck tighter and buried her face in my shoulder.

"Sweetie? I need to tell you something." I said walking toward the car.

She cocked her head.

"Mommy has to go back to work."

She made a face and shook her head.

"No." she said getting teary.

I know I've said I hate seeing her cry, but I'll say it again; I really hate it.

"I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, Mommy doesn't want to." I said, feeling bad.

This is when Pierre came over.

"Is she okay?"

I shook my head.

"I told her about going back to work and she started getting teary. Then, I apologized and said I didn't want to in order to make her feel better."

"And it's not working?"

For some reason, she paused.

"Sweetie?" he asked looking at her.

She shook her head at him.

"Why you go?"

"I have to."

She buried her face in my shoulder and cried. I looked at Pierre as my heart was breaking; he gave me the same pained look. I rubbed her back and tried to calm her down.

"I'll be back before you know it. Ok?"

She nodded and wiped her eyes.

"I'm gonna give you to Daddy now. I love you." I said kissing her cheek.

"Wuv oo too."

Carly held onto him as tightly as she did to me and tucked her face into his shoulder. After a moment, she let him put her in her car seat.

"I'll see you in a few hours, then?" I asked Pierre.

"Of course. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I kissed him before I kissed Carly on the cheek.

"I love you, Carly."

"Wuv oo too."

She had somewhat of a smile. I just hoped the rest of the day would go fast, so she'll be happy. The drive back to where I work was filled with her music and laughter, which was a relief. I got a moment to talk to Sheena before I had to clock back in once I was there.

"Hey."

"Hey. How'd it go?"

"Really well. I'm definitely pregnant. Just having an ultrasound and having actual proof is amazing."

"That's fantastic! What'd Carly think?"

"Well, I told her I'd show a picture when I got home. She seemed to be happy until I told her I had to head back." I said with a heavy sigh.

"What happened?"

"She started to cry and me telling her I wasn't looking forward to going back wasn't helping."

"Oh poor Carly. Was she okay on the way here?"

"Yeah. I had calmed her down saying...well, you can guess what I said and put her in Pierre's arms before he put her in her car seat."

"That's good."

"Anyway, I'm gonna head back."

"Ok. I'll talk you later, hun."

"Talk to you soon." I said waving as I did so.

"Hey Skyla. I'm glad to see you back. Mind if I ask what your doctor's appointment was about?" our vet asked.

I didn't tell anyone what it was about, just that it was a doctor's appointment. I wasn't gonna say anything until I went to see my obstetrician first.

"I went to see my OB. I had taken a few tests this weekend to see if I was expecting. I learned today that I'm five weeks." I said with a smile gradually appearing on my face.

Her mouth dropped before she put down the pen that was in her hand and hugged me.

"Oh my God! Congrats! How'd Carly take the news?"

She loves Carly to death, so that made me even happier than I already was.

"When I took the tests and told her, she immediately wrapped her arms around my stomach. Today, I told her I'd show her a picture later, but as soon as I said that I had to go back to work, she was upset."

"Poor Carly. Hope she's better now."

"I hope so. I'm hoping that she's gonna jump into my arms when I get home, even though I'm probably gonna stink."

She just laughed.

"I hope so, too."

I may have been happy, but I couldn't wait for the day to end, so I could head home and see my amazing family. I really want to see my girl's face light up when I get home tonight. To think that I was so scared when I found out I was pregnant with Carly and how she was premature to life being amazing and finding out that I'm pregnant again is insane. It's amazing how much my life has changed since then; I'm honestly so blessed and I cannot imagine life without Pierre and Carly. Turns out, we had a busy afternoon, so I didn't have much time to even look at a clock which was such a relief. You'd think it might've been overwhelming, but it really wasn't and with a quick 'I'll call you tomorrow' to Sheena, I made my out the building. The drive home, however, couldn't have gone any slower which was extremely frustrating. Once I put my car in park in front of our house, I unhooked my seatbelt, grabbed my purse and got of the car as quickly as possible. The second I turned the doorknob, I heard tiny footsteps run toward the door. As I smiled and opened the door, my little girl jumped into my arms, wrapped her arms around my neck and held onto me tightly. I put my arms around her to keep her in place as her face was buried in my neck.

"I missed you." Carly cried.

"I missed you too, sweetie." I said kissing the top of her head.

That's when I saw my handsome husband walk toward us with a smile on his face.

"I missed you, too." he said going in for a kiss.

"I missed you, also."

"I love my two favorite girls in the world."

"Wuv oo, Daddy."

"I love you, too." I said.

He smiled and kissed Carly's cheek which caused her to giggle. After a moment, I put Carly down and shut the door.

"How was the rest of your day?" Pierre asked as we sat down on the couch.

"Busy, but I was more than happy about that. It kept my eyes off of the clock all afternoon."

"That's good."

I nodded as laid my head against his shoulder.

"Tired?"

"Yeah."

"You wanna stay home?"

"No."

"You sure?"

"Mmhmm...just let me shower and I'll be good. Are you two good?"

"Yes. Carly?"

"Yeah."

"Ok. Well, I'll be back soon. Love you guys."

"Love you." he said kissing me.

And off I was to the shower. The shower did me well as it woke me up and I became clean to erase the smell of cats and dogs off me. I put on a nice blouse and a pair of jeans before doing my hair and putting my favorite pair of flats on and brushing my teeth. Just as I left the room, I heard Pierre come down the hall.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey. You look gorgeous."

"Thank you. So do you."

"Are you ready?"

"Absolutely. Where's Carly?"

"Here!" she said coming up behind his legs.

"Hi, cutie."

"Hi. Weady, Mommy?"

"I am if you are."

"Yeah."

"You want me to bring that picture?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I'll grab that and we can leave. Sound good?"

I got two yes's. When we got to the restaurant, I realized how hungry I was.

"Mommy's tummy sounds like a lion." she said giggling.

"It does. Doesn't it?" I asked.

She just continued to laugh.

"Can I see picture?" she asked as soon as we sat down.

"After we ordered our food, honey."

Carly pouted.

"You can wait till then. I promise." Pierre reassured her.

She was as impatient as I am from time to time. As soon as we ordered, she started asking again.

"Ok, here it is, baby girl."he said getting the picture that was in an envelope, beside him.

Her mouth was wide open as she looked at the ultrasound.

"Where?"

"You see the small circle?"

She nodded.

"Well, that's your brother or sister. He or she's not very big right now, but will be in no time."

"Otay." she said with a smile.

Carly then handed the picture back to him and he put it back into the envelope. Shortly after we got home from a wonderful dinner, it was time for princess' to go to bed which went better than expected after the day she had. Pierre changed her into her favorite jammies and put her in her bed before he read her a bedtime story. I was so exhausted that I didn't even think I'd be able to take care of Carly when it came to bedtime. I was in bed, nearly asleep as I waited for my amazing husband to come and lay down beside me. When I finally heard him come in, a smile appeared on my face.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Hey. You look near sleep."

"I am. How's Carly?"

"She was as about as tired as you are. She went to sleep fairly quickly. She had a long day."

I nodded with my eyes drooping.

"Why don't you just lay down and relax? I won't be long and won't blame you if you fall asleep."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you, too." he said coming over to kiss me.

I was surprisingly awake when he slipped in beside me which shocked me as I expected to fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

"You still awake?"

"Yeah and I don't know why."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said seconds before I went off into a dreamland.

Today may have been an emotional day, but it was fantastic altogether for a woman who's gonna be a mother of two in less than eight months.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a million years since I've posted a chapter and there's no excuse. I'll try and work harder for this not to happen again! Hope everyone loved it because I know I did!