‹ Prequel: Perfectly Messed Up
Status: Updated 12/17/19.

Perfection, Thy Name Is Happiness

Birthday Extravaganza

It's finally Carly's birthday and I couldn't be more excited to see her smiling face when she gets to her well-deserved birthday party. Pierre and I's adorable daughter is going to wear the most beautiful dress today; it's a dark green and black dress, mainly green dress, donned with a pair of black Mary Janes.

"How is my princess this morning?" I asked as I saw her in her booster seat in the kitchen.

She was waiting for her daddy to finish breakfast.

"Good!" she exclaimed.

I smiled.

"How's Daddy?"

"Good. How's Mommy?" he said as he plated her breakfast.

"Good, but I could be great if Mommy can get a kiss from Daddy."

I looked up at him with a smirk. He playfully shook his head.

"Please?"

Now, I had a sad look on my face.

"Oh, how could I possibly say no to that face?"

Then, he kissed me.

"Thank you. I feel even better now."

"Are you ready for today, pretty girl?" Pierre asked Carly.

"Ya!" she cheered and clapped.

"And so am I. She's going to have so much fun. I just know it!"

"I totally agree."

Less than a half hour had passed when we all finished eating our breakfast and were upstairs showering and getting ready for the day. I gave Carly a bath while Pierre laid out his clothes. As soon as I was done bathing and drying my little princess, he walked into the bathroom, clearly ready for his shower.

"Hi ladies." he greeted.

"HI!" she cheered.

"Hi, honey." I said.

"Is our girl squeaky clean?"

"The squeakiest."

Pierre laughed as did Carly, then kissed the top of her head. He hopped into the shower once we left and we went to her room, so she could get dressed.

"You look so adorable, sweetie!"

She giggled and spun around.

"Tank oo!"

I laughed.

"What do you think? You love your dress?"

She nodded and walked over to give me a kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you!" I said before kissing her cheek.

When I heard Pierre knock on the door, I knew that he meant he was dressed and it was my turn to hop in the shower.

"Is she dressed?"

"And her hair is done."

"You look beautiful, sweetie!"

Carly giggled as Pierre lifted her up into the air. I kissed them each on the cheek; they were adorable as could be.

"Mommy's going to take a shower. Is that okay with you?"

She simply nodded.

"That's my girl." I said before leaning down to kiss her.

We were out of the house in less than an hour later and on our way to our party destination. When I opened the back door, she was clearly speechless.

"Fishies!!" she exclaimed as I unhooked her seatbelt.

She couldn't have jumped out of that backseat faster and proceeded to run as fast as her small legs could take her.

"Carly! Get back here!" Pierre called out as she was just a few feet from the aquarium's entrance.

She groaned and ran back toward us.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" I asked.

"Just wanna see them."

"So does Daddy and I. They'll still be there. I promise."

"Ok."

I smiled and kneeled to kiss her on the cheek.

It took us a couple of minutes to grab a few items we needed for her party which Carly amazingly tolerated. Once those car doors shut, she practically sprinted to the front of the building while Pierre and I managed to keep pace with our lovable speed demon. I had no idea how long that would last while I'm pregnant, but I am perfectly fine about it.

"Do you realize that sometime during this pregnancy, I'll be waddling more than I'll be able to chase our two-year-old daughter?" I said while laughing.

"I'll be all too willing to take all the responsibility of chasing her."

He was smiling from ear-to-ear.

"I'm perfectly fine with that."

Carly held onto my hand as we made our way to our private room we had reserved for her party. When the door was opened, her jaw dropped as she saw how colorful the room was.

"Purple!" she squealed as she ran around.

The room was mostly which just happens to be her favorite color. While this was going on, Pierre and I put a few things on the table.

"Clearly, she loves this." I stated.

"Just wait until she sees her cake."

"We oughta get that on tape."

"That's a great idea. I'm prepared." he said as he pulled out his phone.

"I seriously cannot wait to see her face when that cake arrives. I live to see her smile." I said.

"That's the best part of my life."

"You can say that again."

All of a sudden, I saw her run full speed into me, catching me off- guard and wobble a bit. I grabbed onto Pierre's shoulder to keep my balance.

"Carly, sweetie. You can't do that. You scared Mommy and she almost fell." he said, kneeling to her level.

That's when tears came to her eyes. Great. This is exactly what we need. The birthday girl crying before her party on her actual birthday.

"No need for tears. It's okay. Just please don't do it again. Ok?"

"Ok."

"That's my girl." I said kissing her cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered to him.

"Anytime."

"Sowwy Mommy." she said with a frown.

"It's okay." I said before picking her up and kissing her cheek.

She giggled.

"I love you, baby girl."

"Wuv you."

After about five to ten minutes of setting things up for Carly's party. I heard the door open and my two-year-old daughter run toward it; Sheena and David are here. I turned around to find her talking to Carly while he had Shawn in his stroller, along with his baby bag.

"Hey hun," she said as I walked over.

"Hey. How are you?" I said in an embrace.

"Great. You?"

"The same, but we had a meltdown today, already."

I looked to see if Carly was paying attention; she wasn't. Instead, she was placing all of her attention on her little cousin who was sleeping.

"Aunt Sheena?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Can I see Shawn?"

"Of course, Carly."

She smiled wide and dashed over to where the boys were all the while giggling.

"What happened?"

I sighed.

“This happened maybe fifteen minutes ago. Carly was running toward me and hit my legs, so I had to grip Pierre's shoulder because I was wobbling. I know she's only two, but she's strong."

She shook her head.

"Did she apologize?"

"Pierre was able to get her to apologize, twice. Once to him and once to me."

"Were there tears?"

"Absolutely. They came before she apologized to her daddy. I got the birthday girl to quit crying."

"And just like that..."

"Things went back to normal... whatever that is." I said while laughing.

She laughed as well.

"That's such a relief. Looks like she's back to her to typical energetic self."

We both looked to see Carly jumping in place.

"Definitely." I said with a smile.

That's when I walked over to greet my brother-in-law.

"It's so great to see you." he said.

"You too. How's Shawn? He looks pretty content at the moment."

The sleepyhead was just opening his eyes and smiling.

"Couldn't be happier."

"That's good to hear."

"How's Carly? She looks really happy right now."

"Great, minus a teary incident."

David opened his mouth to speak, but I immediately stopped him.

"Ask Sheena. She already knows all about it."

"Will do." he said nodding.

I nodded and walked over to my daughter.

"Hi, pretty girl."

"Hi, Mommy." she said as she smiled and swayed.

"How's my angel?"

"Good."

"That's good."

I picked her up and looked at Pierre who had decided to work on the room where her party was to take place.

"Wanna see what Daddy's up to?" I asked Carly.

She nodded and giggled.

"I thought so.”

I couldn't resist walking over where he was at the cookie table and tap him on the shoulder; he was incredibly focused. He turned around and kissed me.

“Hey.” he said, wrapping his arms around me.

“Hey. How’s it going?”

“Almost done.”

“Can I have cookie?” Carly asked tugging on my pants.

“You’re gonna have to ask Daddy.”

“Daddy, can I have cookie?”

“Of course. Just one though.”

She put out her lip.

“Sweetie, I know that look all too well. Only one. Don’t wanna spoil your appetite.”

She sighed.

“Ok.”

He then picked her up and sat her on his hip; the sight was so adorable I had to take a picture.

“Which one you want, Carly?”

“That one!”

She must’ve looked for twenty seconds before she picked one; she giggled while she ate it.

“What do ya think?”

“Yum!”

I smiled and set her down. Fifteen minutes passed and people started to arrive with their little ones aka kids who she became friends with through all the social outings she’s been on.

“Liam!” she exclaimed, running over to hug him.

“Her best friend is here.” Pierre said.

“How do you know?”

“I just do.”

I laughed.

“I’ll take your word for it.” I said laughing.

The party went so well as we played games and visited the aquarium which Carly loved; I had never seen her this happy since I told her she was going to have a little brother or sister. When it came time for cake, we were all elated.

“Ready for some cake?” I asked Carly.

“Yeah!”

Seeing as she’s two, we decided that having a half chocolate/half vanilla cake would be perfect. While we were singing ‘Happy Birthday, she was clapping and smiling and Pierre was recording the entire moment. He stopped recording after she blew out her candles and came to where she and I were. We kissed her cheeks and Sheena snapped a picture.

“How’s the cake taste?” Pierre asked.

Carly responded by giving him a forkful of chocolate cake; he nodded.

“Apparently, it was delicious.” I said.

"Thank you, Carly." he said with his mouth full.

She made a face.

"Gross, Daddy."

I busted out laughing.

“Yeah. That was gross, Daddy.”

I made a face of my own; Pierre laughed once he swallowed. After we ate, we went through more of the aquarium. By the time, the party ended, we had an exhausted toddler on our hands. Sheena and I relaxed with our cuties while our husbands cleaned up for us.

“Are Carly and I the only ones who need a nap?” I asked, leaning back on a chair.

“I could use one.”

When everything was cleaned up, Pierre nudged me.

“Hey.” he said.

“Hey.”

“We’re done. Just gotta grab her presents then we’ll be out of here.”

I smiled and nodded. Once we were out and into the car, I sighed.

“Does someone want a nap?”

“Mommy needs a nap.” I said.

“I could use one. How about you Carly?” he asked, turning to the backseat.

He only got a slight head nod.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

When we were home and the gifts and Carly were inside, I let out a sigh.

“I’ll take her.”

“You sure?” he asked, holding the sleeping child.

“Yeah. I’ll meet you in the bedroom.”

She was still asleep when I put her in her bed, so that was a relief. I walked into Pierre and I’s bedroom and saw him on his phone.

“Hello.” I said.

“Bonjour.” he said, setting his phone down on his nightstand.

I kissed him then laid down.

“You must really be tired.” he said, facing me.

“With a capital T.”

He nodded. We both fell asleep in no time; I woke up to a still sleeping Pierre. Smirking, I decided to climb on top of him and place his hands on my hips. Needless to say, he woke up with a smile.

“This is a welcome sight.”

“I hope so.”

He smiled at me before smiling at my small bump. I ran my hands through his hair.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you, too.” he said, looking at me.

“So, who wants to be the one to wake up the birthday girl.”

“I will. I’ll meet you in the living room.”

It wasn’t all that long till I heard the sound of Carly dashing down the hall.

“Mommy!”

“Hi, sweetie. You have a good nap?”

“Yeah.”

“Come up here with me.”

I pulled her close.

“Did you have a great birthday today?”

“The best!”

“That’s awesome!”

And so was the rest of the day as we spent time watching a couple of movies and spending time at home as a family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so shocked that I actually updated this. I hope this gives me a kick in the ass to write more.