The Music Isn't Always Unheard

The Song

“Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen..so unsure but it seems, 'cause we've been waiting for you .” I heard a loud voice sing, a grand piano perfectly in sync with his voice. An odd thing to hear this early in 'Guitar Center'.

We had only opened an hour earlier before the man I presume as the one with the angelic voice, walked in quietly. Hands shoved in his jean pockets, smugly. He said a quick, shy 'hello' to me before disappearing to the back of the store where the pianos are stocked.

Being a cashier here for about 6 years I'd say I'm pretty well updated on all of our customers. But..I've never been able to talk to this man..this amazingly, handsome man, because of more customers, actual work needing to be done, or just being shy. Today..Maybe today I'll man up and go talk to him..

“And when I think of all the places I just don't belong..I've come to grips with life and realize this is going too far...”

I smiled softly as his deep voice broke through my ears.. His voice was beautiful.. Almost perfect.

I messed with the tag on my simple, black shirt that read my name, 'Brian' as I thought about what I was gonna say to the mysterious man with no name..

“I don't belong here we gotta move on dear..escape from this afterlife..”

I looked up as he said those words, a huge smile on my face. I loved that one verse..that one simple verse of the song. It triggered so many thoughts in my head. Running away with that man... Escaping
away from this world that I would really call an afterlife..

I snapped out of my thoughts and started walking towards the back where the pianos were stocked but not before eying the latest Schecter models that were hanging on the wall. I was a guitar freak. I could play some of the hardest solos but yet..I never have showed anyone. My father knows about my guitar skills but he is the only one.

“Loved ones back home all cryin' cause they're already missin' me...I pray by the grace of God that there's somebody listenin'..”

I started jogging now.. I wanted to meet this man.. But I got stopped by an annoying co-worker.
It took me a good 2 or 3 minutes to help her, but nothing to serious..

“Got nothing against you and surely I'll miss you..this place full of peace and light..and I'd hope you might, take me back inside..when the time is right! “

Just as his singing had silenced and the piano had ceased it ringing I walked in. I smiled slightly, “That was really nice.” I said staring at his black leather jacket that covered his back.

I giggled as he jumped slightly, a slight flush creeping up his neck. “O-oh..I uh...” He stuttered shyly, staring at the piano keys like they were the most interesting thing in the world.

I laughed quietly and walked up to his right side, where he was sitting on the piano's bench.

“I'm Brian.” I stated, almost proud of myself. He looked up at me shyly, gold eyes gleaming.

“I-I'm Matt.” He stammered nervously, shying away when I reached out to grab shake his hand.

I stared in confusion. This guy looked like someone who could knock you out in one punch. Well built, at least six feet tall, tattoos creeping up his arms, that were only a little noticeable because of his jacket, but yet..he was like a small child, shying away from people. “It's okay I don't bite.” I chuckled, as he slowly reached out his hand and took my hand in his own, shaking it lightly.

He smiled slightly, showing off a dimpled, cheeky smile that made my heart melt into nothing. “Y-you liked the song?” He asked, a glimpse of hope in his eyes.

“Yes, very much actually..” I giggled and went to his other side, sitting down on the bench next to him.

A small tint of red coated his ivory cheeks. “No one's ever said that before..” He smiled at me.

My jaw was in my lap when he said that, “Dude! Why the hell not? You're amazing!” I shouted happily, wrapping one of my arms around his shoulders, almost like I've known him forever.

He smiled..”Let me play you something, Brian.” He said simply, before starting to play a simple melody on grand piano before us.

“ Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make...and that feeling of doubt, it's erased.
I'll never feel alone again with you by my side...you're the one, and in you I confide..”

He started singing to me..a love song.. for me.. My eyes, naturally out of happiness, started watering.

“I give my heart to you...I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you.”

I stared at him in awe, tears streaking down my face, “Matt..” I wrapped my arms around him, pressing our cheeks together, ceasing his melodic playing on the piano and stopping his singing.

I could feel a small smile form on his face. “Brian..” He pushed me back a bit so he could see my face, wiping my tears away gently, “Do you accept my heart?” He softly smiled, dimples showing even more then before, having an eager look in his eye, wanting to know my answer.

I stared at him in pure awe, “I-I..Yes!” I shouted and went back to hugging him tightly, keeping him close to me.

“Hey, Bri..” He whispered in my ear, making me get goosebumps.

“Yea, Matt?” I looked at him curiously, only to get caught up in a small, gentle kiss.

He pulled away quickly, “Uhm..Sorry..I” I shushed him by putting my finger to his lips.

He chuckled and took my finger in his hand, moving it away, “Why don't you come with me on a date..like right now?” He laughed nervously, staring into my eyes.

“It would be my honor.” I stated before getting up, and walking out the door with him, hand-in-hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
So much Bratt cuteness. <.< <3