Use Somebody

Merry Christmas, Matt.

It was the middle of December, Christmas day in fact, and Matt was leaned up against the glass of the coffee shop he visited. He got the same thing everyday, a double shot, iced mocha. Pearly white snow fluttered from the sky gracefully, swirling around Matt but some hitting him on his red tinged cheeks. Matt hummed to himself, faintly being able to hear the carolers in the distance.

He side smiled, his dimples partially showing themselves as he opened the door for a family of three. The smell of coffee and the feeling of warmth escaped from the building. The first person who walked in nodded in Matt's direction, showing him approval while the man spoke with a husky voice, “Thank you.” As he walked in the shop with their newborn baby cradled in his chest.

Matt nodded shyly in response and shoved his hands right back in the front pockets of his blue jeans. “You gonna go inside or are ya gonna stand out here all day?” A man asked, approaching Matt from the other side of the street. “You've been standing out here for quite sometime.” He observed. His head was covered with a black hood from his black and red hoodie and his face was hidden by a red bandana.

When he got close enough he grabbed Matt's left hand that was at my side opposed to my right which was snuggled into his pocket. “Come on, lets get you inside. You look frozen.” He stated, not letting Matt argue or testify against him before he opened the door and walked Matt inside.

He walked walked Matt to a booth, sitting him down and took off his hood and bandana. Matt smiled slightly, the man was very tan, had big brown eyes, a silver nose piercing and amazingly spiky hair. “I'm Brian. Sorry that I kinda..ya know, dragged ya in here..” He apologized, a guilty smile taking over his face.

Matt nodded, smiling shyly, “M-Matt.. It's alright, I suppose..” Brian tilted his head, sitting down across from Matt on the red, leather seats. “Why are you out alone on Christmas day? You are to cleaned up and handsome to be homeless.. And you look to happy to not have family..” Brian tilted his head, waiting for Matt's response.

Matt chuckled when he mentioned the word handsome like it was nothing. “I got kicked out as a present..Yes, you are right that I have family but none of them really care about me anymore.” Matt sighed, tracing his fingers over the glass that overlapped the wooden table.

Brian gasped, surprised completely, “B-But..you..you look so sweet! How could anyone ever hate someone like you?” Brian asked, dumbfounded that anyone could hate someone as adorable looking as Matt. “I apparently killed someone.” Matt stated coldly, resting his head on his propped up arms.

Brian glanced over at the workers before looking back at Matt, “Wouldn't we have seen you on the news if you killed someone?” Brian tilted his head, mirroring my position and resting his head on his hands, pulling at the strands of hair that hung in his way.

“That's what I said, but apparently they are so set on the idea of me being a murderer that they kicked me out on Christmas day..” He stated, refusing to make eye contact with Brian. Brian's face creased with sadness. “Come on, Matt.” Brian said, standing up and putting his bandana back on and tying a knot in it, adjusting it over his lips.

Matt stayed in his seat. “What?” He questioned, grunting when Brian pulled him out of the booth and made him stand at his full height, being slightly taller then Brian. “Come. On.” Brian stated once more, making Matt sigh, “Okay, whatever..”
Brian lifter up his hood, pulling it over his spiky hair and dragged Matt out of the shop, holding his hand tightly in an attempt to keep it warm..And it also felt really nice to Brian. Matt was walking pretty fast to try and keep up with Brian's walking pace. “Christ, Brian slow down. The world isn't ending. Where are we even going?” Matt asked, running his thumb along Brian's hand.

Brian ignored Matt's question and kept walking, stopping when he heard 'Carol Of The Bells' being played by street performers who were joined by carolers. “Mattie! Dance with me!” Brian giggled, taking Matt's hands and starting to dance in the crowded street of New York. Matt smiled, blushing slightly from the nickname, luckily it was hidden by his already red, tinged cheeks.

Matt set his left hand on Brian's shoulder and his right on his hip, chuckling and swaying back and forth with Brian who was giggling like a child. A lot of people were 'awwwing' while other scoffed and kept walking in disgust. “Mattie..they think we're a couple..” Brian whispered. Matt shrugged, a noise of 'whatever' escaping his lips as he swayed with the melody.

Brian was giggling behind the bandana and he retracted his hands when the music stopped and people laughed, cheering and clapping. Brian bowed jokingly, making Matt smile. He was making Brian happy.. This was a change of the usual anger he made people feel. His family being 'people'.

Brian giggled, taking Matt's hand again and dragging him through the crowded, snowy streets once more. “Weeee!” Matt exclaimed, being dragged by Brian on the icy pavement. Brian chuckled, continuing to drag the bigger man until they got to Brian's house. It was in a different, secluded, area of New York which was great. Not so crowded and a lot more peaceful.

Brian dragged Matt into his house, earning a look from his best friends Jimmy, Zacky, and Johnny. “Briannnnn, what did I tell you about picking up random dudes off the street?” Jimmy warned, pointing his finger and waving it at Brian.

Brian flipped off Jimmy and huffed, “Brian, Zacky, Johnny, this is Matt. Matt these are my bestfriends, Johnny Zacky and Jimmy.” He stated, introducing them. Zacky and Johnny waved while Jimmy jumped up and tackled Matt, “WELL HELLO THERE, SIR!” Jimmy exclaimed.

Matt laid under Jimmy, blinking slowly and shaking his head, making the stars in his vision fade. “Uhm..hello.” Matt said, pushing Jimmy off gently. Brian scowled, “Jimmy!” He yanked Jimmy up onto his feet and threw him over to where Zacky and Johnny were dying of laughter.

Matt stood up, brushing himself off and chuckled, “Brian, it's fine. He's just a moron.” Jimmy nodded, “Yeah, Bria- HEY!” Jimmy pouted, crossing his arms making Zacky fall of the couch from laughing to hard. Brian walked forward with Matt but stopped when Johnny went, “Oooooh..”

Brian confusedly looked at Johnny, “What?” Matt poked Brian, answering his question when he pointed up to a mistletoe above them. “Well this is awkward..” Matt said, glancing at Brian who was slipping of his bandana. Jimmy was grinning, staring at them both eagerly. “I'm not doing it.” Brian said, stepping away from Matt. “Hey! You can't do that! That's cheating!” Johnny said, following Brian into the kitchen.

Johnny squeaked when Brian smacked him across the face. Matt grinned, holding back his laughter and watched Johnny scramble back to the couch, hugging Zacky in terror.

A few hours later everyone, excluding Matt and Brian were asleep. Brian glanced at Matt who was staring at the clothes Brian went out and bought him as a gift. “Don't worry about it, Matt. It wasn't any problem, buying you a present.” Matt smiled, locking eyes with Brian.

“It's not that, Brian. Come here.” Matt stood up, leaning against the frame of the door. Brian stood up, walking over and realized Matt was standing under the mistletoe once again. “Matt-” Brian was cut off when Matt pressed his lips against Brian's.

“HAHA! YEY, BRIAN!!” Jimmy exclaimed, throwing off his blanket and jumping up and down. Matt and Brian both flipped Jimmy off simultaneously and smiled slightly when they pulled apart.

“Merry Christmas, Mattie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Old fluff. All of the cute. <3