Lips of Deceit

Afternoon Delight

The next day I got early to get ready for work. I got out of my very comfortable bed and made my way to the adjoining bathroom where I had a shower and did my make-up. I walked back into my room and put on my clothes for work. Thankfully, yesterday was a Sunday and I did not work, and the assistant manager took over my roles for the day. See I owned a brand new shop in town, which well I made with the help from the inheritance. It was called RB Records, and was a recording studio, CD shop that also had a basement large enough to hold gigs. This is why I felt like a major idiot after not recognizing that the guys were from Avenged Sevenfold.

I went down to the kitchen, looked at the clock, and read seven thirty. I grabbed a banana and made myself a cup of coffee and sat down, and read a magazine on the table. It featured the band and I smiled when I saw Zacky, but mentally slapped myself and returned my focus on Brian who seemed to never smile in anything. I stared at the perfect cheekbones a little longer and then went back to reading the article. The magazine spoke of the new album that was in the works and how they had high expectations for a follow up album for ‘City of Evil’, which not only went gold but also received a win at the MTV VMA’s. I skulled down my coffee after reading the article, took the last bite of my banana, chucked it in the bin, and headed towards the entrance. I saw a very sleepy Jimmy stumbling down the stairs; I loved how he was so uncoordinated.

“Hey Roza where are you off to so early in the morning?” he said tying up his kimono and then sitting down on a stool.

“I have a job you know,” I said smiling and pulled on a pair of flat.

“Oh, well you can take my car if you want,” he said getting up and going to the key ring holder, picking up a key ring with a voodoo doll on it and throwing it at me.

“Thanks Jimmy, see you later,” I said walking out.

After what seemed like forever of trying to figure out which care was Jimmy’s I got to work. Lexi the assistant manager was there already having a smoke, we hadn’t really got close, considering that we usually worked alternating shifts but today she was filling in as one of our permanent part timers quit.

“Hey Roza, thought you would never get here!” she said throwing the cigarette to the ground and stomping at it. I looked at the insanely large blue building behind her. We seriously needed it to be repainted, or something.

“Yeah, I’m staying at this knew place and had to find my way here,” I said pulling out my keys and unlocking the door.

I went about doing my normal duties for the day, which usually meant I scoured MySpace for local bands to play on a Friday and Saturday night. I decided that Saturday we would not have an official show so we could use the basement for a celebration party for all the guys. I just sat back at my computer after lunch typing up a large poster for Friday, when I heard and saw a girl about not that much younger than me ask for the manager.

“That would be me darl, how can I help you?” I asked putting on my million-dollar grin.

“Hey I am Bella Lillie, I’ve just moved back here from L.A and was wondering if you have any jobs available,” said the girl. The lady who stood before me was stunning, her face had cute written all over it, her grey blue eyes where complimented by her deep purple hair that reached just below her shoulders. She had several piercings, including her right side of her lip and left eyebrow, and was rather indulged in the breast department.

“Yeah sure, we just lost one of our employee’s and I was looking to rehire. Tell me how comfortable at using studio equipment?” I asked, I did not really care, but it was a way of telling whether they really cared about music.

“Actually that was what I was hoping to do; I just resigned from a recording studio in L.A. for personal reasons,” She said smiling.

“Wow that is really great! Ah do you have any references?” I asked thoroughly impressed, the girl was perfect for the part. She nodded and handed me over a beautifully set out resume and I skimmed to the references. My eyes opened at one name in particular.

“Zacky Baker, hmm interesting,” I said

“Yeah he is my best friend, we’ve been mates since we were five and I helped him record some stuff not long ago,”

“Yeah I know Zacky,” I said smiling, instantly regretting the thoughts that crept into my mind about between that night and us.

“Really, Personally or just like,” she began.

“Well considering he sleeps in the bedroom next to mine, I would say somewhat personally, and if you know Zacky you’re hired! You can start right away; go familiarize yourself with the tech equipment a few guys are coming in later to lay down some tracks,” I showed her out back and returned to my post and saw none other than the mighty Jimmy walk in.

Holy Shit Roza this place is fucking better then sex!” he said exclaiming receiving odd looks from the customers in the store.

“Jimmy!” I said hugging him, even though we had just met, I felt like I had known him for years. “What you want Rev?” I asked.

“Well word on the street is that this place houses a recording studio,” He said flicking through a few CD’s trying to look casual.

“Yeah, we just got a brand new techie/producer whatever you want to call it today,”

“Really who?” he asked

“A girl named Bella Lillie; she came highly recommended by Zacky,” I said, hoping he would know her name.

“No fucking way, Bella is back! Where is my little sis?” he said searching around the store. Meanwhile Lexi had returned from the stock rooms and noticed the Rev in the store and froze. I noticed this and chuckled to myself and told her to man the store whilst I took Jimmy down to the recording studio.

Jimmy and I insisted that Bella came home and lived with us since she had nowhere really to go. Jimmy kept asking her why she had not told them why she was coming but she kept avoiding the question. It was 4pm and I shut up the shop earlier so I could take Jimmy and Bella back home, because Jimmy was complaining how he had to walk. We pulled up to the driveway and opened the door. Instantly we heard two people fighting from upstairs, it sounded like Alura and Zacky where having a domestic.

“Guy’s look what the Rev dragged in!” Jimmy yelled

~ Zacky’s P.O.V ~

“Why are you so scared?” she yelled, after her for the thousandth time I was not ready for marriage.

“I’m not scared; I have not finished living yet!” I said back.

“Oh so that is what I am now? A fucking life sucker!” she yelled taking me out of context

“Babe, you know I love you why can’t you drop this?” I asked she was really getting on my nerve now.

“Because Zachary James Baker, I fucking love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you and all you care about is your music and partying! Your almost 26 for Christ sakes, you need to settle down!” she yelled.

“Oh jeez, do you seriously fucking hear yourself? You sound just like you mother telling off your brother! Just please fuck I need time!” I said pulling her towards me hugging her, praying secretly that this would calm her down before the whole world that Zacky V had relationship issues. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and Alura went to the bathroom to fix her makeup, which was smeared from crying.

“Zacky is going to love Jimmy!” said Jimmy leaning blocking the doorway. I looked at him confused, “Well Jimmy found an old friend I think her name was Becky, no, more like berry, no not the berry brothers….hmm I can’t remember her name,” next thing I know he opens his legs and my old friend Bella slides into the room from behind him.

“Bella, your back! Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back?” I asked hugging her.

“Long story…” she said before kissing my cheek.

As a celebration of our little sister, returning to our lives the guys and I decided to throw a celebration at the beach, even though it was a Monday night. We headed down to the beach around six o’clock, and settled for our usual spot. We lit a small fire and sat around it catching up on news with Bella. Val and Roza where talking about something but I could not make out what and Alura just sulked into my shoulder. Johnny had the smart idea of playing spin the bottle. His turn was first and he landed on Brian, we all laughed hysterically as Brian tried to fend off this tiny warrior from kissing. However, in the end, it failed and Johnny planted a sloppy kiss on Brian’s lips. Brian spun next and landed on Roza, lucky bastard. I watched in pain as they literally made out for 5 minutes. I looked over to Bella, and saw the hurt in her eyes, and decided to break it up. The game ended soon after when people started passing out.

In about half, an hour there was only Alura and me still awake, she looked me in the eyes, something was going on inside her head, but I could not quite work it out.

“Zacky, I love you,”

“I love you too babe,”

“But, don’t know if I want to be with you anymore,”

“WH-what do you mean?” I asked taken aback

“I want to break up,” she said looking at the sand.

“Why? It was just one fight…” I said amazed at her sudden change of mood.

“Zacky this has been coming for a long time, I, I like someone else,”

Who!” I said angrily.

“You don’t know him; I met him on the internet,” This caused me to laugh; she was breaking up with me for a person on the net.

“Right, good luck then kiddo, and don’t come running back when that falls through,” I said as she stood up.

“See you Zacky…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok Bella's hair is well more purple then the picture