Status: Ongoing

Do It for Baltimore, Do It for Me

Chapter 6

Tay glanced up at Alex as they walked and pursed her lips. "What option are you in for this period?" She asked softly as she thought about home economics. She wasn't the best cook, and sewing wasn't her forte.
"I'm in construction or whatever you want to call it." He sighed. "It's really shitty but the teacher is hilarious."
Tay smiled and nodded. "Sounds fun."
"It's alright. I know there's quite a few girls in the foods and fashion one; hopefully you'll like it." He chuckled as they stopped outside the door to a room that was half full of sewing machines while the other half had five miniature kitchens. Tay took a deep breath as she examined all the girls seeming to be part of some group or stereotypical clique. She glanced up at Alex and thanked him for showing her around quietly before stepping inside and taking a lone seat near the back away from the three distinguished groups of girls.
A gorgeous blond looked up from her spot near the middle of the room and her eyes landed on Tay. Instantly flinching, she dropped her gaze and hoped the girl would leave her alone. Of course, that's never the case.
The girl stood and sauntered over to Tay's seat. It was apparent in the way this girl carried herself she knew what she had and the effect she had on people. With one sentence she could have anything she really wanted. "I see you and my boyfriend are all buddy-buddy, now." She said with a sneer as she put her hands on her hips.
Tay squinted a little. "Excuse me?"
"Alex? Hello!" She said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.
"We're just friends..." Tay said slowly and clearly.
"I don't want you around him." She hissed and got all up in Tay's face.
Tay leaned away from her, chair tilting on its back two legs and teetering precariously. "Look - I didn't make Alex talk to me. He did it on his own. So next time, confront your 'boyfriend'-" she said the word, making air quotations with her fingers "- instead of me." Tay said in a low tone to avoid causing a scene she didn't want.
The girl's lips curled up in a scowl as she raised a hand as if she were going to hit Tay. "Lisa, she's not worth it!" One of the girls sitting where she came from must have called.
Tay looked up at the girl, who she assumed must have been Lisa, as she lowered her hand. "Stay away from him." She snapped and turned, flipping her hair and returning to her seat.
As Tay sat alone, chair returning to its previous position with four legs on the floor, she stared at the table in front of her. She was a little hurt Alex had never mentioned Lisa, but didn't dwell on it too much. She didn't really know much about him to begin with, and it's not like she ever asked about it. She'd just assumed that by how flirty he was, he was single. Of course it made sense now, though. He was exactly what Tay had originally thought; a cocky guy who thought he could have every girl he wanted.
Tay twisted her nose ring a little as she thought. She couldn't bring herself to admit that the reason she thought about him so much was because she was developing feelings; Alex was the exact description of the kind of guy she swore never to be with. It wasn't worth the hurt and heartbreak that would surely be affiliated with being Alex's girlfriend.
Slowly, her mind drifted to Jordan. He was the kind of guy she didn't mind. He was smart and funny, and amazing with music.
'But so is Alex.' Her mind whispered.
Tay sighed. Trying to reassure herself obviously wouldn't do anything. No matter how hard she convinced herself she liked anyone else, anyone like Jordan, her mind would always end up back at Alex.
Moments later, the teacher hurried into the room. Disrupted from her external dilemma, Tay shook her head a little and tried to push all thoughts aside and just get through the class. Not the easiest thing when she knew Alex would be in her sixth and seventh period classes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want this to be stolen, so Copyright 2013©
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on Tumblr: xxashley6xx.tumblr.com
I follow back ♥