Status: Active

The Girl in the Spiked Collar

Part 10

Golden sunshine of the setting sun glistens upon the pale road of I-70. I keep my hands on the steering wheel and glance to my son. The son of Marilyn Manson. “Alistair?” I say. Eight hours from Kingman to Denver. That’s a long way with a bored, restless one year old. “Only about 30 more minutes. We will be staying with aunt Marissa!” I exclaim. His face lights up. “Mar Mar!” Marissa came down to see us usually once every two weeks to stay a few days. I always helped her with gas money. We are the best of friends and when I told her my situation, she said she’d help me out. I hadn’t been to Denver since I got on the tour bus with Marilyn Manson. That seemed like it was only yesterday. “I not been.” Alistair says. “You haven’t been here before, have you? You’ll love it here. This is where I met your daddy.” He smiles at that. “I wuv you mommy.” “I love you too, baby.” Coma White plays from the speakers of the car, Alistair sings along. “Like Dada!” He exclaims. “That’s right, Ali. Just like daddy.”
“Hey guys!” Marissa greets when we arrive in her driveway. I roll down the window. “Aun Mar Mar!” Alistair calls. “Hey!” I say.
She helps us get situated in her 3 bed 2 bath house. It’s cozy and the atmosphere is friendly. “Thank you so much, Marissa.” “Anytime, Shadow.” We continue talking as Alistair sleeps in my arms. “He looks just like his father.” She says. “He does. I bet he’ll probably sound like him someday too.” I add. “How did their first meeting go?” She asks. “It was good, better than I thought it would be. Manson stayed for a few days and then left.” I answer. “Really?”
Yeah, and I’m pregnant again.” I state. “Oh wow!” She says. I tell her all about it and Manson’s lie of being sterile. “Are you going to keep it?” Marissa questions. “Yes, of course.”

A week goes by. Marissa helps find a house for me and my son. We find a nice 3 bedroom home near where I first met Marilyn Manson. It’s in good shape and it has a big yard, so I put a deposit down for rent and move in that day.
Everything is set up. I have a doctor to help with this pregnancy, I found a pediatrician for Alistair and I have the new house all decorated. It isn’t exactly home but we will adjust.
Every morning at 8:00, Marissa comes over for some tea and conversation. It’s really nice to have someone to talk to. It had turned out that she and I are sisters’ we have the same father. Something neither of us knew until we were tested for it. “Have you had a boyfriend since Alistair was born?” Marissa asks. “No, I haven’t had time. It’s hard being a single mother.” I reply. “Well, I was thinking you should find one, so you will be taken care of and Alistair can have a father.” She explains. “I know, but I’m just not sure.”
Marissa leaves by 9:30 as usual. She works for Child Protective Services. Everyday after she leaves, I take my son to the park for an hour or two, then cruising in the car. I take him with me shopping though he mostly just rides in the cart and incoherently babbles, which everyone thinks is adorable. Each evening we go on walks, he in his stroller. I love my son but it gets lonely sometimes. I really miss Brian but I know he views me as sex and not much else.

I sit on the porch swing with Alistair after lunch. My phone rings. “Hello?” “Shadow, I have some news for you. I think you’ll want to know.” It’s Marissa. “What is it?” “I found your little Brother. Terry.” She said. “Terry? Really?” I excitedly ask. “Yes, he’s 6 years old now. Terry James Reed.” She answers. “yes, that’s him!” “Ok, I got in contact with his foster parents and they said they wouldn’t mind if you come over to see him. He’s here in Denver, he was taken away just after your parents kicked you out the first time.” Marissa responds. “I’d love to see Terry!” I say. She gives me the information and hangs up. “You get to meet your uncle Terry tomorrow.” I tell Alistair. He gives me his most Manson smile. Everyday he looks more and more like him.
“Who Terry?” Alistair questions. “Mommy’s brother, you’ll like him. He’s nice. Mommy hasn’t seen him in a long time.” I say, knocking on the door to a decent little house. A nice couple answer the door. I stand, long white hair down to my midback, Alice Cooper T, baggy Tripps, and platforms with a long Trench coat covering my thin frame and heavy eyeliner coating my eyes, making my pretty pale face even more pale. Nothing unusual for me. Alistair is in the exact same outfit, just without long hair and eyeliner. “Hello. I’m Shadow, Terry’s sister. This is my son Alistair.” I greet with a smile. “Come on in.” The woman says. Mr. and Mrs. Fredrick.
“Terry, come on down honey. Your sister is here!” Mrs. Fredrick shouts from the bottom of the stairs. Terry comes running down the stairs and stops. “Shadow, I haven’t seen you in forever!” “I know, how you been?” “Good, much better than at mom and dad’s.” He answers, eyeing Alistair. “This is my son Alistair. Your nephew.” I state. Alistair approaches him, then steps back to me. “He’s shy around new people.”
“Mom, can Shadow take me to church and bible studies tomorrow?” “Sure, if she wants to.” His foster mom answers. “Would you like to?” Mr. Fredrick asks. “Sure, what time do I pick him up?” “8:30 in the morning, service starts at 9 and bible studies start at 10.” He answers. “Alright, I’ll be there.”
~
Mommy, why we go? What church?” Alistair asks as I dress him in a cute little suit. “It’s where we go to learn about the lord.” I respond. “Why?” “Well, because it’s good to know.” “I not unstan.” “Sweetie, it will be ok, you might make some new friends.” I tell him. “Ok ok.”
The service is held in an old, colossal masque type church. The stained glass windows are gorgeous, multicoloured depicting different biblical scenes. People stare at me and my son, despite the fact we are in our Sunday best. “I scared.” Alistair whispers as I carry him. Terry sits next to me while I hold Ali. “Don’t be, it will be ok. There’s cookies and juice after this.”
Finally the service ends after an hour. I go with Terry to one of the back rooms where bible studies are held. “The teacher is nice, like him.” Terry tells me, leading me to the little desk he sits at. All the children take their seats after raiding the snack table. Alistair munches on a cookie and drains his juice. I don’t see any other older people. “Stay here, please.” Terry begs. “I will, it’s alright. “Alistair, do you want to help me colour in Jesus in my colouring book?” He offers. “Ya ok.” I set the child down, he’s so small and looks just like Manson. “Hello my children, we may begin today’s lesson.” A guy says. He stands almost 6 feet tall, medium build and is the spitting image of Alice Cooper, sounds just like him and everything. His hair is black, shoulder length and shaggy just like Alice’s! I notice he keeps looking at me whenever he looks up. His eyes are beautiful and blue. Bible studies end after about 45 minutes. “Make sure to come back next Sunday, my children.” The teacher says. We approach the door. “Mr. Cooper look! This is my sister Shadow!” Terry shouts before we approach the door. “I am Mr. Cooper. Alice Cooper, rock n roll legend, world famous musician.” He tells me whilst taking my hand. “I’m Shadow, ex groupie of Marilyn Manson.” I announce to him. “Well, Shadow, you look awful young to have two children. Are they both by Manson?” Alice asks. “No, Terry is my little brother, Alistair is my only child for right now, though I’m pregnant again.” I explain. “I see. Shadow, would you like to come out to lunch with me? I’ll pay, you just bring yourself and the kids.” Alice invites. “Sure, I’d love to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's not the best one, it's kind of boring but you will be surprised in the next one