‹ Prequel: Iris
Status: Finished!

My Understandings

My Understandings

I quickly ran up to her and covered her mouth. “Don’t say anything when I uncover your mouth or I swear I will knock you out with the glass on the counter.” I said. She nodded her perfect blond curls staying in place. I let go off her mouth. “Don’t say anything to your mom, my mom, or my dad or any of the little brats you have for siblings.” I said. She nodded but grabbed my wrist before Austin and I could walk out the door.
“Wait.” She said quietly.
“What?” I asked.
“Please just come back and get me one day please. I don’t want to stay with Courtney anymore. She’s a horrible person and I don’t even think of her as my mom so please…” She begged me. In her eyes was a girl that was like me. I didn’t want to leave her. No, I couldn’t leave her. I looked to Austin. He shrugged.
“Well, if you need help then of course I don’t mind. So come on with us.” He said and smiled. I smiled and hugged him. I took the girls hand and led her out the door grabbing my phone at the same time. We ran out of the house and down the block to the bus. When we got there we were breathing heavily. We walked on the bus and sat down.
“You brought back another one?” Alan asked.
“Oh please Alan. This is my sister.” I said. “I think. Are you Courtney’s or my dad’s?” I asked.
“Courtney and her ex husband.” She said. I nodded.
“But she’s still my step sister.” I said. They all nodded.
“That explains why she’s a blond and you’re a brunette.” Aaron said. I nodded.
“Good point but what is your name anyway?” I asked her.
“Dahlia.” She said.
“Like the Black Dahlia?” Tino asked.
“Yes and no. I’m not dead.” She said.
“Okay, whatever. Where are we going now?” I asked.
“Well, we’re going to the club but I’m guessing you and Austin and Dahlia are staying here?” Alan asked. I looked at Dahlia.
“I’ll wait outside for you all. I need to think about some stuff for a while if you don’t mind.” She said.
“I don’t give a crap.” I said.

When they got to the club they all exited the bus and Dahlia went outside. I sat on the bus with Austin. I didn’t know what to talk about. There was only silence but it wasn’t an awkward silence. It was just a normal silence. I smiled. This was nice. No noise, no parents, no nothing. Just me and Austin. I sat back and leaned on him. I heard him laugh. “So do you plan on staying with me?” I asked. He looked at me and put his arm around me.
“Calli, I plan on marrying you as soon as you turn eighteen.” He said. My smile grew even bigger.
“Really?” I asked. “What do you think you’re dad would say?” I asked.
“Oh, I think he’d be pretty happy.” He said. “I mean I have a pretty lady, a young lady, a lady who likes to cook and a lady who I love. I think he’ll approve. Don’t worry.” I leaned into him even more.
“I won’t.” I said. “Maybe one day when my parents start acting right you can meet them. My mom doesn’t mean wring and I know she doesn’t but she’s definitely tearing me and her apart.” I said. Austin just looked at me.
“Don’t even bother. One day me and you will just tour with the band and our kid and not have to worry about anyone or anything.” He said. “And I will make sure of it. I’ll make sure of it.”
I smiled. I felt like I was gonna burst inside. “I know you will Austin.” And it was true. I knew he would be there for me no matter what and that’s all I needed. All I needed was Austin and I finally had him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading!