Him

soul fire

It is that time of night again. When my half of the world is asleep, your half remains energetically alive. Filled with vibrant colour and life, but I’d blame that mostly on you. You, with your impossibly large smile, that could make even the most bitter of souls light up. I know this because I am bitter. And I am dark. And I possess all the qualities that should make you want to run away. But you have not even wandered far. You tell me that I am beautiful, that I am strong, that I am full of light. That I am letting the darkness take over because it is easy. You make me want to be better, to find the tiniest sparks in the depths of my soul and start a fire. Start a fire so large and so bright that no one person could ever put out. This soul-fire would never extinguish, not with you here to feed it. The smoke would fill my lungs and leave me gasping for air, but it would be the good kind of gasping, like when you laugh so much you can barely breathe. You are to blame for the smoke in my lungs. You set my soul alight and now I am so caught up in the flames that all I can think about is the intense heat. This is how I feel when I am with you. I am overtaken by the most indescribable warmth, I can barely breathe – you, my soul-fire smoke, have stolen my breath from me. And yet I feel safe. Like nobody can touch me.
♠ ♠ ♠
for sebastian