I Dont Ever Want to Lose My Best Friend

That Gorgeous Smile

*Kellin's POV*

I sat backstage at the little club my band, Sleeping With Sirens, and I, was playing at tonight. We were lucky we even got a gig somewhere. We were only just the hometown rock band. But I always believed that someday, some miraculous day, we would make it to the top. Warped Tour, huge venues, I could only dream about what it would be like. For now, though, it was only small bars and clubs where nobody was ever sober enough to listen.

I took a last look in the mirror and straightened my fedora before we went on. Jesse, Jack, Justin, and Gabe, my bandmates, were ready along with me. The club events manager cued us on and we came onto the stage. I saw blank stares, usually the reaction we received. I guessed this was the rock bottom before we got to rise.

"Hi, everybody. We're Sleeping With Sirens, and we'll be supplying you with the music all night. Sound good?" I introduced us. No one bothered to respond, still just blank stares. "Okay," I continued. "This song is called 'If You Cant Hang.'"

The song began and I proceeded to dance around during the intro. Then I began the song. "Met a girl at seventeen. Thought she meant the world to me. So I gave her everything. She turned out to be a cheat..."

And the song went on all the way to the very end. A few people left. Were we not good enough? Did we sound bad? That didnt matter right now. If we were to make it big, we would have to take a lot of hate. Now was not any different, except for the fact that we weren't big. Oh well. Rockstar life...sort of.

We finally came to the end of the set and I was surprisingly thankful. I didnt know just how much more of that I could take. It was just so dull. Nowhere near what I longed for so badly.

"Good job tonight, guys. Come back sometime?" The events manager asked us. Even though I hated this place, it could still be an opportunity. I nodded and faked a smile. He then thanked us and we turned to leave. But as we did, a hand caught my shoulder. I spun around in shock. Before me was a small Mexican man with long brown hair and a nose piercing. He was dressed down in khaki shorts, a t-shirt, and Vans. And his face was...well, it was gorgeous.

"Um...hi," I nearly stammered. "Can I help you?"

He smiled and I started to melt. Wait, why was I feeling like this? I was straight...wasnt I?

"Hi, Im Vic," he extended his hand and I shook it. "You guys fucking killed it tonight!"

"We-we did?" I thought I was hearing things.

"Hell yeah, man! That first song set the mood and had me hooked! Listen, Im in a band myself. We're a little past this stage, and I was wondering if you'd like to join us. Like, band collaboration or something."

"Are you serious?" I shouted. "Id love to! Lemme just go get my band. Stay right there!"

I ran off to our van and got the rest of the band. They all looked shocked when I burst through the door. "Guys! I just met a guy in there. His name is Vic, and he has a band too!"

They all stared at me in the same nature as the people in the club. Gabe turned his head to me. "Kellin, bro, calm your testicles. There are lots of people who have bands. We're not the only one, you know.

"You didnt let me finish! See, they're a little more well known, a lot more than what we are right now, and they want us to work with them!"

"Awe what?!" Justin's eyes immediately widened. So did those of the rest of them. "Sick, man!"

"Hurry, we have to meet him back inside!" I took off running again and they came right after me. When we got there, Vic was with three other guys. Probably the rest of his band.

"Ah, look who's here!" He turned to face us. "You guys, this is my band, Pierce The Veil." Everyone exchanged awkward waves and "hello"s. They consisted of Vic, a guy with large tunnels and a microdermal by his eye, a thicker built man with spiked sort of hair and seemed to have a permanent grin on his face, and a guy with a few lip piercings who looked like the most serious member of the bunch.

Vic pointed to the tunnel guy. "This is Tony. We call him Turtle sometimes," then the permanent grin guy. "This is Jaime. But its not spelled how you would imagine. Its kind of like Jamie, but you proba ly dont want to call him Jamie," then lastly the serious guy. "And this is Mike, my asshole of a brother." As Vic's back was turned, Mike pointed to him and mouthed the words, "He's the asshole." I chuckled at that.

"So," Vic began again. "What do you guys think about working with us?"

Everyone in my band shook their head in agreement. Vic smiled that...beautiful...smile again. I felt weak in my knees. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a little card. On it was their band's logo, their names, and their numbers listed.

"Call us when you have some time, we can figure out meeting up somewhere," Vic told us.

"Thank you so much," I all but worshipped him. "This really means a lot."

"No problem. Now go get some rest, kid. There's a lot ahead of you."

"I will. Thank you again." I got a last glimpse of that smile and then went off to the van, dreaming about what this could mean for us. We could finally be on our way there. All thanks to a cute stranger.

Wait, cute? What was I saying? I had always felr straight all my life, but I wasnt so sure anymore. I flashed back to when he stopped me and relived every feature of him. His shiny brown eyes, the cute piercing that complimented his nose so well, his long brown hair, and that gorgeous smile. That gorgeous smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first chapter to my first Kellic fanfic!! What do you think? I already know exactly how Im going to play this out. Stay active for updates!!