I Dont Ever Want to Lose My Best Friend

Confess My Heart and Forgive My Wrongs

*Vic's POV*

I woke up where I originally went to sleep. The back seat of my car, in the hospital parking lot. I could see Kellin today.

I got up and checked my appearance in the rearview. Then I jumped out of the car and raced into the hospital. A new secretary greeted me.

"May I help you, sir?" She asked kindly.

"Yes, um, I was put on a waiting list to see Kellin Quinn. Could I possibly visit him right now?" I nearly begged her.

"Lets see," she scanned the computer. "Yes you may. Mr. Quinn is in room 234."

"Thank you so much," I said, running off. I didnt bother waiting for the elevator, I just ran up the stairs. I looked both ways down the hall, and went with the side where the numbers decreased. My eyes scanned each room number as I got closer. 231...232...233...and finally 234. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

Kellin lay there asleep with an IV attatched to him and his wrapped leg hoisted up. He was hurt badly. Tears sprang to my eyes.

"Kellin," I whispered inaudibly. I took steps closer to him and examined the damage. I felt like it was my fault...my fault for letting him leave when he was still so tired. It was all my fault.

I brushed his black hair out of his face and planted a kiss on his forehead. "Im so sorry Kellin."

His eyes fluttered open and looked at me. "Vic..." he smiled. Just then, he sat up a little bit and hugged me until I could barely breathe. "Vic, you came."

I hugged him back, not too tightly, and said, "Of course I came. I couldnt stay away."

I felt wet spots begin to hit my shoulder. He was crying. That only made me worse. "Kellin, Kellin please dont cry. Its okay. Im here."

"I know," he sobbed. "Thats why Im crying. Im so glad youre here."

My heart instantly flooded with warmth and a smile spread across my face. I looked at him and then kissed him hard. He kissed back, and it was amazing. I felt so much love for this one man, it was incredible. Suddenly, the door creaked open. I looked back to see a nurse standing there looking shocked.

"Uhh...is this a bad time, gentlemen?" She asked.

"No," I said. "Its fine."

She shook her head briefly and began to speak. "Mr. Quinn, as the doctors performed surgery on you, they noticed something quite peculiar," she walked over and flipped over Kellins wrist. "Self harm, Mr. Quinn?"

He nodded, looking ashamed. "Yes, ma'am."

"Well, the psychiatric branch of the building has booked an appointment with you this afternoon. They would like to speak with you about this."

"Okay," he agreed reluctantly. Great, something else that was my fault. As the nurse walked out, I caught her attention.

"Wait!" I yelled. She turned around. I held up my wrist. "I do it too...can I possibly stay here with him for the appointment?"

She sighed. "Yes, but it will be a twenty dollar fee for you."

"Done. I'll be here."

"As you wish..."

And she walked out, leaving Kellin and I alone again.

"Did you really just..." he couldnt finish his sentence, he just looked at me. I nodded.

"Anything to be here with you," I kissed him softly. Even though everything was so fucked up, everything just felt so right. I couldnt help but smile.

A few minutes later, a tall, middle aged man walked in. "You must be Kellin and Vic."

"Yes," Kellin confirmed. "Thats us."

"Well, Im Dr. Neal, and Im here to talk to you about your self harm problem."

We nodded.

"Now tell me, when did this habit begin?" He inquired.

"When I was a teenager," Kellin shuddered. "Home life wasnt so good..."

Dr. Neal turned to me. "And you, Vic?"

"Same..." I admitted.

"And why do you continue to do it? Better yet, what 'triggered' you the last time?"

"It was my fault," I whispered.

"How so, Mr. Fuentes?"

"I cut first...and then Kellin found out and did it too. I guess he didnt want me to suffer alone or he said something like that. Then he flushed my.blade down the toilet."

"Mr. Quinn, is this true?"

"Yes," Kellin replied.

"Well, you made a good decision about flushing the blade. But cutting along with him was not the smart thing to do."

"I know..."

"Id say you both need some rehabilitation to regain your mental and physical stability. For our next session, we're going to try something a bit unique. Prepare yourselves, gentlemen. You may not be expecting this. Until next time."

He got up and walked out. I looked at Kellin. "What the hell was that supposed to mean?" I asked, confused.

"I dunno Vic. But I need some rest. Im really tired," Kellin yawned.

"But you just woke up!"

"The meds, man. They do shit to you."

"Oh. Right."

"Sleep it off?"

"Yeah."

I climbed up on the hospital bed and curled up next to him. Both of us were asleep in a matter of minutes, and I dreamt as if everything was okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short!! Im super tired. And there may not be updates tomorrow, as I have orientation and stuff for school.
Title Cred-Roger Rabbit by SWS <3