Status: If you like it, say you like it. If you don't, well, there's no harm in saying it in a nice way! :)

My Annoying Celebrity Roommate

Mr. Annoying

He beckoned me closer and whispered something in my ears.

"I know a place, where you can stay, and not pay a cent. Its like the person is doing a sort of...let's say, social service."

"What! Never!"

I can't believe he just suggested that! What a git!

He obviously is thinking of me going to a homeless shelter?! What the hell ?!

"You want to send me to a freaking homeless shelter? I'm not that desperate! Besides, in the worst case scenario I have a perfect place to stay for the night and it's most definitely not a shelter." I shrieked.

"Hmmm, let me think. I'm guessing it's the park? Seriously you over-react a lot. You don't even know the place I was going to recommend." He said looking slightly annoyed.

My cheeks turned a slight shade of pink.

I'm so stupid. When I'm stressed, I always jump to conclusions. Stupid brain, it makes me embarrass myself all the time.

"Well. Uhm, fine then. What place were you going to suggest then?"

"Just follow me. It's an apartment on this street. By the way, don't I seem familiar to you? You do know who I am don't you?" he asked me, raising his eyebrows in question.

"Yeah, duh. Today morning, but I don't know your name." I said nonchalantly.

"No, I mean like, on the tv and in magazines."

This guy is too high up on the clouds for his own good.

I gave him my awesome you're-pissing-me-off look and said. "Now you'll try telling me you are some big celebrity and that I'm the lame, uninformed, out of the loop loser geek. Seriously dude, get a hold of yourself."

Shaking his head he said "I'm Liam. Liam Krisler. I still can't believe you don't know me. Seriously, it doesn't strike a single chord in that brain of yours?"

Rolling my eyes, I said "Nope, not a chord. My head is not a piano you see."

Ohmygawd, what is wrong with me?! That had got to be the lamest comeback, tryin-to-be-sarcastic move I had ever done.

"I'm Kiara Lodge."

"Can I call you Kia?"

"No!" I snapped back.

Seriously? What's up with trying to shorten my already short name? Ugh!

"Woah, chill! You're like pepper. You get so hot and flamy really fast! I'm going to call you pepper." he said with decision.

"No you can't!"

I am pmsing aren't I?

"Why not pepper?" he said looking at me with his gorgeous blue eyes.

Darn, I have to stop falling for his gorgeousness. Focus Kiara! I just ignored him, feeling there would be no point in arguing with him. What a git.

He picked up my bags casually, and placed them into his convertible. The one that almost got me killed.

But I'll be damned. It was gorgeous. Believe it or not, it was a freaking Bugatti Veyron! Like I just realised it! How slow was I? It was absolutely gorgeous. Now I felt guilty for making it skid. Damn, a car like that shouldn't have to face idiots like me on the road. And it wasn't totally black. There was a maroonish grey ouch to the hood, which was gorgeous in the sunlight.

He motioned for me to sit next to him and revved up the car. The car ride went without us exchanging a single word. I was busy admiring the plush leather seats of the car, and the houses we were driving past. These rich people know how to build their houses!

As we were driving, the only thing we could hear was the super loud engines. Finally, we drew to a halt in front of two humungous gates.

I swear, those were the largest gates I had ever seen in my life. Huge, black and towering. Behind them were a few tall apartment buildings. They were Victorian styled, and fully white.

Between the buildings, there were bridges which connected them to each other. Even from afar I could see the numerous number of plants placed by the sides of the bridges to beautify them aesthetically alongside the glass window panes which were practically the "outer" walls of the building as it was filled with glass windows ranging from five metres to 2 metres long.

As the gates opened, I saw a huge marble water fountain placed in the middle of the huge compound entrance. It looked like a piece of Roman or Greek architecture. There were two cupids with arrows from which water was shooting out.

When we drove past it, I managed to catch a glimpse of Koi fish swimming in the fountains' pond. I know its weird I can recognise fish, but one of my high-school teachers had a weird obsession for fish. She would come into class with a different type of fish picture on her blouse everyday. The fish thing must have affected her big time, because her eyes used to look as though they would pop out too. She was called Puffold.

The puff stood for puffer fish because she was sortta round. The old stood for goldfish, because of her eyes. And there you get Puffold! It was mean...but, admit it, you've called your teachers' names too, and some waaaay worse than this!

I digress, anyway, Puffold told us that according to Chinese belief, Koi fish bring good luck and fortune.
Well, it definitely must be playing according to the belief for the residents here. Owning an apartment here must cost a fortune.

"Ahem," Liam cleared his throat "we've reached."

"Yes, I can see that." I said rudely.

I really must try to speak politely. He disturbed my flow of thoughts though...

I got out of the car and was over-whelmed with curiosity on whom the person willing to give me an apartment to stay in, and that too here was.

"Whoever who's letting me live here must be really generous. In fact, that person is the most awesome person ever. I'm, going to be so indebted." I told Liam

In response, he just chuckled.

"Don't bother taking your luggage. The porter will take them for you." Liam told me as I went to grab my bags.

Wow, now I'm even getting service equivalent to living in a five-star hotel!

I followed Liam into the lobby of the main building.

"This is the block you'll be staying in. remember the block number. It is block one." Liam instructed me as I scanned the grandeur of the lobby of my soon-to-be-home.

We then went into the elevator. Liam jabbed the button to the thirtieth floor. Next to it there were two words written "Penthouse Unit".

Was the apartment seriously the penthouse???

I took a few deep breathe to prevent hyperventilating from excitement and shock

In a few seconds, we had reached the floor. The lift doors opened and plush dark purple carpets covered the corridor to the apartment.

The walls were filled with paintings. Both contemporary and Victorian styled.

There were mirrors every couple of feet too. The walls were dark red. It looked just like where the royalty would live; grand, elegant, sophisticated and really posh. The only difference was; royalty would live in a palace, not an apartment building.

We finally reached the penthouse level. The paintings were really lovely and intrinsic. The air of royalty and too much richness was suffocating me though. It was all too heavy.

This is uncomfortable...it's too prim and proper. It's the exact opposite of my closet. I tend to throw my clothes in and put them for washing only a decade later (I'm kidding, that's just disgusting).

Oh, my gosh! Eeeeks, what if Liam is sending me to live with some old spinster? Old women love cats. Not all, but most. Yuck! Mean little snobbish creatures. I've never liked cats.

When I was six, there was a stray cat outside my house. When I went to pat it, it purred angrily and scratched my face. Ouch! It was really painful. My mom rushed me to the hospital because she was scared germs would infect me as the cats' claws were dirty. I mean, obviously they would be dirty. It was a stray and must have walked in all sorts of places. I think being over-reactive is a trait I get from my mom because all the doctor did was put some cream and Band-Aid. Digressing is a really bad habit of mine. It happens all the time to me.

Anyways, back to the corridor. There were mirrors all around.

Vanity must be imminent for the people living here. I guess it's a good thing though. If I wake up late, I can do my hair while walking to the lift. Hehehehe.

Walking to the end of the corridor, we came to a stop in front of a door. The number on the door gilded with gold was 305.

"Ready to see your new crib and the person with whom you'll be sharing it?" Liam asked with a glint in his eyes.

"Yes! Wait! " I said abruptly.

"What?" Liam asked raising his eyebrows.

"Did you inform the person? I don't want to barge in or anything. I didn't even see you make a call to settle it with the person." I answered, crossing my arms.

"Don't worry pepper. Its all settled." he said giving me a wink.

Butterflies fluttered in my heart at his wink, but my mind tingled with annoyance at his nickname for me. I pushed the thoughts away as he scanned a card.

I hope the occupant is a girl around my age. We could become "sisters" and gossip at night (Not that I do) and do other girl, stuff. Or should I say woman stuff? Pfft, who cares!

The door clicked open. The moment I stepped in, I entered a huge living room. The walls were bright red and white. I looked around delighted by the interior decoration. To the left side of the hall, there was a big sofa and in front of it a 52' inch TV.

Muahahahaha, hello, movie nights!

Next to the sofa was the balcony. It was really big with a coffee table and two chairs. There was also a small bench which swings. It was really cute! Leaning over the railings, I gazed at the view in front of me, dumbfounded. It was absolutely beautiful.

A large Olympic sized swimming pool and a leisure pool lay all the way below. Beyond the gates of the apartment buildings was a huge private park. Hundreds of trees are scattered around, they looked like green blots to me. From the balcony, I could just about make out a pond with small black specks moving in it. There may have been ducks in it. Beyond the pond was a huge green field. It stretched all the way down till the end of my view.

"Do you like this view? I remember the first time I came here. I didn't step out for a week." Liam said.

"Haha, yeah, I wouldn't either." I replied cheerfully.

Oh my gosh! Did he just say 'he' didn't move out for a week? He must have said it by mistake. I shouldn't jump to conclusions...

"Hehe," I laughed out nervously, "so who's going to be my room-mate? Is she home?" I asked, placing emphasis on the 'she'.

I hope he gets the hint that I expect to live with a girl.

"It's not a she, it's a he, and yes he's at home. In fact he's standing right before you." Liam grinned.

"Hahaha! I didn't know you were so funny! Good joke mate!" I laughed, putting on an Australian accent on the 'mate'.

His grin faded and was replaced with a serious expression. He said "No, I'm not joking. This is my apartment and I am offering you a place to stay here.

"Why the hell would you do that? Are you mad? This place must cost a fortune and you must know a college student like me wouldn't be able to pay even a fifth of the rent!" I said in a flurry.

There's something fishy going on here. He must be only a couple of years elder than me. He's filthy rich and is also ready to share the place for free? He might be a drug dealer, or worse, a human trafficker... I better prepare to defend myself.

"You better not try to rape me! I know karate and I'm a black belt. I've even knocked down a sumo wrestler before!" I suddenly threatened Liam.

Blistering Barnacles! I was worried about getting raped in the park, don't tell me it's going to happen here. My street smartness is at an all-time zero. I should not have come with him alone. He's a stranger!

I positioned myself in such a way that I could pin him to the ground in seconds. I was serious about having a black belt. The sumo wrestler, well, that was a white lie. I did knock-out a two-hundred pound man before though. But it was by accident...and with an encyclopedia. It had been the plumber whom I had mistaken to be a thief. Whoops!

Eying Liam, I realised that instead of being wary, he was just smirking and leaning against the wall without a care. It seemed as if he had totally ignored my words. Then suddenly without a warning he advanced towards me, an evil glint in his eyes.

.

.

.

Why am I surrounded in darkness? Aaaaah! Please don't tell me I've been knocked out!
♠ ♠ ♠
Second cliffhanger MUAHAHAHA! I know I'm being evil, but folks, face it, a good story has cliffhangers, suspense, and leaves you wanting more. I think.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed reading this! Do comment and let me know if you liked it, didn't like it, or feel it needs any improvement. I'm open to feedback.

Subscribe if you want more, and recommend if you think its good enough. :D

And a shoutout to my currently 3 subscribers, THANKS! It's a small number, but knowing three people are reading this is really cool. :)

Have a great day everyone!