Status: If you like it, say you like it. If you don't, well, there's no harm in saying it in a nice way! :)

My Annoying Celebrity Roommate

Horrors and Proposals

Why am I surrounded in darkness? Please don't tell me I've been knocked out!

I tried to move my limbs, but fared to no avail. Then suddenly I heard boyish yells.

What the hell is going on?!

I struggled and finally my body obeyed me. I managed to open my eyes. I was propped up against a sofa. As I puzzled over how I had conked out, I suddenly saw Liam doing some stupid dance. It was absolutely ridiculous. I got off from the sofa and advanced towards him. Just then I saw my worst enemy, and a creature so horrific, it gave me shivers when I uttered its name.

A cockroach.

"Is...Is it dead?" I asked, shuddering as a chill ran down my spine.

"Yes! It is! And that one behind you is dead too! I killed them both." he said proudly, sounding like an over-excited pre-schooler telling his mom about his first ever drawing with crayons.

I hurriedly stepped away from the cockroach near me.

I have always hated cockroaches. When I was in high school, I had to spend late nights studying, and they often used to last till 3 am in the morning. Once, when nature's call came rather urgently, I rushed to the toilet and turned on the lights only to see two beady eyes staring at me from its black body, with wings about to sprout out. I was absolutely terrified. All of a sudden, it sprouted off its wings and took off, flying straight towards me. I screamed at the top of my voice and woke up everyone in the house. After that incident, cockroaches have been my greatest enemy and nightmare.

"Stop jumping around like that! You look like a moron!" I exclaimed, trying to distract myself from the memory of that horrible creature flying towards me.

Grimacing, Liam stopped and then motioned the carcass of the once alive horror to me. “You’re really scared of cockroaches. Damn I can’t believe you fainted after seeing just one.”

“It’s not really my fault that I’m Katsaridaphobic.” I retorted.

“Seriously? There is even a phobia of cockroaches?” Liam asked looking amused.

I nodded my head. I was too shaken up from the encounter to feel insulted at his amusement at my apparent phobia.

Sensing my discomfort, Liam cleared his throat and told me he would show me my room.

"But, who's going to clean up those two things?" I asked.

"Don't worry, I'll call room service, they'll be here in no time."

Gosh, I wonder how much rent he's expecting me to pay. Hmmm, if the price is too high, I can say that he has a pest control problem and due to that he'll have to cut the price by fifty percent or something. If not, I’ll just move back to the park…

~.~

I stumbled after Liam as he strode off towards my soon-to-be-room. It was right at the end of a long corridor between the living room and kitchen. Liam opened the huge oak-stained door which revealed a beautiful guest room.

The floor was lined with a soft, light blue-fluffy carpet. Right at the centre of the room was a cute round bed covered in yellow and green bedspreads the colour of the sun and trees. Right next to it was a dresser and against the wall was a huge wardrobe. At the other end of the room was a long sofa also in a greenish-yellow covering.

The room was cozy, warm and welcoming. However, the best part of the room was its view. Long, shiny, transparent windows stretched from the top of the ceiling to the floor. I edged away from it, as if I were scared I would fall through it. The view was the same as the one in the living room, but I stood there staring out at the beauty lying out right in front of my eyes.

Turning around, I faced Liam then asked, "Why are you letting me stay here? You know I can't pay you much right?"

Liam looked at me thoughtfully then said, "I actually had an idea in mind. Since I'm letting you stay here, I would like you to help me out with something. Don't interrupt me." He added as I was about to interject.

Frowning, I crossed my arms and plopped myself down on the sofa, motioning Liam to continue what he was saying.

"Ok, here's the deal, in exchange for letting you stay here, for free!”

“WHAT, FOR FREE?!” I exclaimed, unable to believe my ears.

“Shhh, let me finish what I want to say.” Liam said in a reprimanding tone, “Yes, for free. I hope deafness is not one of your problems.”

I rolled my eyes, my tongue itching to shoot a retort back, but I held it back.

“I want you to do two things for me. Firstly, you'll have to tutor my cousin. You're smart right? I heard you go to Oxford? Don't ask, I have my sources," Liam said playfully.

"And I'm not a stalker either!" he added after a thoughtful pause.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, what do I need to teach him?" I asked curiously.

"History, English literature and chemistry."

"That should be easy!" I said brightening up, the toned down again, wary echoing in my voice "What's the second thing?"

"You have to pretend to be my girlfriend."

At that I burst out into laughter, “Hahahaha…no way are you out of your mind? Oh my gosh…hahahahaha this is craaazy.”

“Kiara, I’m serious.”

Shit. He’s not kidding is he? I looked at his face and didn't see a tinge of mischief or humour in his eyes.

My laughing subsided and all of a sudden the room was silent as his words fell upon me like a huge weight.

This. Is. Not. Happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi hi hi! So how is the new chapter?

I'm currently writing out everything to make sure the flow of the story is going well. I actually have the next few chapters typed out in my laptop already.
I still haven't changed the layout yet, sorry if its blurred! I'm looking for a new nicer one!

Anyway, thanks to the newer subscribers! You made my day!

And I hope you guys enjoy this new chapter!

Everyone enjoy reading, and have a great day!