Sequel: Exposed
Status: This is about Alec, Layla and Kyle from my 'Summer ended a long time ago' story ;)

Somebody or Nobody?

And that was how Alec met Kyle

Apart from a few attempts to bully him Alec had an endurable time so far. He was half way through the year and mostly left alone. It was February 3 when that changed, or actually he changed it. Fred was standing a few feet away from him when a dark haired boy and two enormous giants, or at least that's what they seemed at the time, came towards Fred.

"Hey Fatty, how ya doing." The smaller boy asked.

"Fine…" Fred stumbled backwards against a locker.

"You don't sound sure, I can change that for you…" the boy said in a slippery voice. "I can make sure you know that you feel miserable…" he laughed after that.

"Leave him alone." Alec said calm. He was scared to death, but he wasn't planning to show. Fred annoyed him, yes, but this was too much.

"What are ya going to do blondy?" the boy asked.

"Whatever I need to." Alec said as calm as he could.

"Lovely, let's fight for it." The boy smiled. "Xander, get him." he said over his left shoulder to one of his giants.

"I don't think so, little pig." Another boy said. It wasn't someone from Alec his year. It was a sophomore. Alec knew him, everyone in freshman and sophomore year knew him. Kyle was THAT boy. The boy all the girls wanted to have and all the boys wanted to be. Kyle ran his fingers trough his blond hair and watched the three bad guys.

"Three against one, seems hardly fair." Kyle noted calmly.

"With you it is three against three." the slippery boy stated.

"But you didn't expect me, nor our blond hero here, so you were planning on torturing this boy, what's your name?" he asked to Fred.

"Fred." he said intimidated.

"So you were planning on torturing poor Fred with three against one. You want to make him feel misery? Right?" Kyle asked.

"I never…" the boy started, but Kyle interrupted.

"I quote:I can make sure you know that you feel miserable." Kyle spoke with a sudden clarity in his voice. "I promise you, if you ever feel the need to do that, try, I won't stop you again. But when your done I will change your prospective on misery on every level." He said it all so calm, that it made him even more scary. Alec would rather have fought both the giants then be one of them at this point…

And that was how Alec met Kyle…