Sequel: Exposed
Status: This is about Alec, Layla and Kyle from my 'Summer ended a long time ago' story ;)

Somebody or Nobody?

Go on, steal my boyfriend

"As long as there were cigarettes and water Alec always seemed to have enough. He never needed much and was hardly ever hungry. Not in an unhealthy way, no he just occasionally forgot to eat because he was sucked up by his music. He could sit for hours with his headphones on without saying a thing, after that he would jump up and grab his guitar. Then a few hours later he'd have a song. It was just how Alec was. Always a little distant from the word around him. I always wondered what world Alec had locked in his head that made these songs. They were great, but I never quite understood them." Amy said to Lissa.

"I know what you mean. Even while we were just dating he made great songs about break ups. It always kept me afraid that he actually didn't like me, but just was hung-up over some other girl." Lissa replied.

"Did Alec ever write you a love song?" Dany asked.

"No, he never did that. I don't think Alec can write love songs, I think he only sings about his pains, not his joys." Lissa noted.

"I think you might be right." Dany said. "Whenever Alec sings it hurts me. Because he is so good at it. Although I never understood the lyrics as well as I wanted too, it was the way he put them to music. The way he sang them that already hurt. The hurt that shines trough his eyes when he speaks every word with such care and feeling. I think he is one of the best I've ever heard. A shame that he finds his work to vulnerable to share with the world."

"The way you speak about him, almost makes me think…" Lissa said. "…that you love him." she smiled

"Don't worry, I don't have any feelings for Alec in that way…" Dany lied.

"No one who doesn't love him could possibly notice all these things."

"I didn't mean to attack you." Dany said in a hurry.

"I know. And I don't feel defensive. I never loved Alec, and he never loved me." Lissa said honest. "He loved you though."

"No, " Dany said. "He forgot about me as soon as he met you guys."

"No he didn't, he talked about you…in the same way you talk about him." Lissa said. "Go to Alec, Dany, tell him, no that you still can. His heart won't wait forever."

"But he is your boyfriend." Dany said astonished.

"You will cherish him more than I. Go on, steal my boyfriend, I promise not to blame you or him for it. I can't hold out with him much longer anyway, I don't understand him like you do." Lissa smiled.

Dany felt her heart in her stomach. Did Lissa tell her to start something with Alec? What if it was a trap, so she would be the bitch? Hesitatingly she nodded and went upstairs where Alec was sitting in the window frame of the study of Lissa's father.