With Just a Dash of Adultery and a Heap of Regret.

2/4

While Bandit slept for a few more hours, her father tried to fill his time with other things. He wasn’t ready yet to continue with his comic, so decided to take the time to start playing with a few lyrics that had come to mind recently; Gerard may not be part of a band anymore, but that didn’t mean he had given up on music.

The thirty-six year old only stopped writing when he heard the little footsteps of his daughter make their way to the living room. It was almost nine thirty, which surprised Gerard, as Bandit never usually slept in that late. Bandit stumbled in, her eyes half closed and her favorite teddy bear in her hand. She let out a yawn before asking, “Where’s mommy?”

Gerard smiled at one of two of his favorite girls and patted his leg, inviting the four year old over. She climbed up onto her father’s lap before he spoke, “Mommy is playing music with Uncle Jimmy, Uncle Steve and Aunt Kitty. It’s just me and you for now, kiddo.” Both Gerard and Lindsey had tried explaining to their daughter where her mother would be going, but as mother and child were very close to one another, Bandit still didn’t entirely understand why mommy had left her.

Bandit didn’t say anything, only holding her bear closer to her, so Gerard continued, “But, Chloe will be here later! Do you remember Chloe?” The little girl shook her head. Bandit had only been eighteen months old since Chloe was last at the Way household, so it wasn’t surprising that she didn’t remember her babysitter.

Gerard smiled again at his daughter who was just a miniature version of her mother, and picked her up to take her to the kitchen for breakfast. Bandit giggled loudly as her daddy held her by her little legs before sitting her down in a chair at the island in the center of the kitchen, “Daddy, you’re funny!” Bandit always enjoyed when Gerard was in a silly mood.

“What do you want to eat, kiddo?” He already knew what she was gonna say; the same thing she had been eating everyday this past week.

Bandit gave her father a huge grin, “Pancakes!”

Father and daughter enjoyed their morning together. They both ate way too many pancakes that Gerard knew his wife would disapprove of. He could just hear her now… Gerard, she’ll end losing all her teeth if you keep letting her eat those! But what mommy didn’t know, wouldn’t hurt her. The rest of the morning was spent chasing Bandit all around the house, and drawing, which was something the youngest Way loved to do. The pair also spent some of their morning watching reruns of Adventure Time on Cartoon Network, something they both enjoyed.

It was times like these that Gerard enjoyed more than anything in the whole world. Of course, he loved being a part of My Chemical Romance; it was almost twelve years of his life. He loved every single second of it, and he still absolutely adored his loyal fans – so much so that he had set up a PO Box for them to send fan mail. He was also passionate about his work as an artist, constantly coming up with new ideas for comics, or just doodling at random. But nothing even came remotely close to the feeling of being a father. Like a lot of first time parents, Gerard didn’t feel ready to become a dad, and truly thought he was going to screw up… but it all just came so naturally to him, and he wouldn’t change a thing. In the past, Mr. Way spent a lot of his time looking out for his kid brother, but now he had his beautiful girl to take care of. And that was the best job of all.

However, as precious as these moments were with his daughter, he was relieved when there was finally a knock at the door at one in the afternoon. He was grateful to have someone around to take care of Bandit while he worked on his comic, and the sooner he finished, the sooner he could spend all of his free time with little Way.

Gerard left Bandit watching the end of Adventure Time and opened the door to see a young girl about his height wearing dark blue jeans and a black hoodie that was way too big for her. Her eyes were wide and a bright blue, which looked even brighter thanks to the eyeliner she saw. The piercing in her nose glistened as the sun hit it, and her hair was short, black and choppy, “Hey Gerard!” She greeted him with a huge smile.

Mr. Way couldn’t believe the change in Chloe, “I’m sorry, who are you?” He asked playfully, trying to hide his grin, though failed completely.

Chloe dropped her jaw, “C’mon, man! You know it’s me! Chloe!”

Gerard couldn’t help but mess with her a little bit more, “Chloe? Nah, I don’t think so. The Chloe I know is at least a foot shorter than you and wears nothing but blue, and always has her hair in little pigtails. Oh! And she certainly would never think of putting something like that in her nose.” He pointed at her small nose, his grin even bigger than before.

Chloe blushed and looked away from the guy she looked up to. She remembered exactly what she used to look like, but she would never have thought that Gerard Way would remember! Especially as the pair hadn’t seen each other in a couple of years, “I haven’t looked like that since I was fifteen.”

The two friends hugged each other before Gerard stepped aside to let the babysitter inside the house. Chloe looked around the familiar house; not much had changed since she was last here, except that the Way’s had a new refrigerator in the kitchen. The teenager smiled to herself; she still felt the same level of excitement whenever Gerard and Lindsey invited her into their home. She was a fan of both bands and always felt special.

Feeling warmer inside the house, Chloe unzipped her plain hoodie, sliding it off her slender arms and hanging it on the back of one the chairs before turning her attention back to Gerard, “Is Bandit in the living room?”

All Gerard could do was nod, forcing himself to keep his eyes on Chloe’s face. Chloe, who had recently graduated from high school, smiled and ran into the living room to join the youngest Way.

If Mr. Way couldn’t believe the change in Chloe before, the feeling had definitely doubled. He was shocked to see that Chloe was no longer a girl… but a woman. While wearing her hoodie, she still looked like a kid, but once it was removed, she looked so much older than her eighteen years. She had grown into a very attractive and graceful woman. The married man definitely noticed how much she had filled out since the last time he saw her, not forgetting eyeing her curves as she went into the living room.

Gerard wasn’t like other men. Whereas other members of the male species who were in a committed relationship always looked at other women, or fantasized about other women, that sort of thing just never happened to Gerard. When he fell for Lindsey, he fell so hard. He had never felt about another girl the way he felt about his wife – it just didn’t happen to him. Lindsey was all he would ever need; he didn’t need to look elsewhere… So he was stunned that this girl who was half his age seemed to have grabbed his attention.

Obviously, he wasn’t going to do anything about it. He was happily married with a daughter, and Chloe was just a kid, even if she didn’t look like one anymore. Gerard shook his head, It’s just a shock because you haven’t seen her in a few years. It’s nothing. This was something he had to keep repeating to himself throughout the day, unfortunately.

Despite the fact he was meant to be working on his comic, Chloe’s face kept entering the rock stars mind. He took longer breaks between his work than he should have done to see Chloe and Bandit, sneaking a glance down Chloe’s tank top whenever she leaned forward.

Gerard did not like what he was feeling one bit. He wasn’t that sort of guy at all. He had to keep telling himself that once the comic was done, Chloe didn’t need to be around anymore. She would be at the house for a week tops. He tried to convince himself that he’d be fine until then…