Different Directions

Caitlin DeCarr

Caitlin stepped out of the car and into the fresh air, stretching out contently after having been confined in the back of a car for so long. There had never been a longer journey she had taken that she hadn't been driving herself or had the company of someone else to talk with, but each of the girls were being picked up separately and she unfortunately had to travel with a cranky driver. Moving away from the car, she slammed the door shut before going to the boot of the car and opening it, taking out the bag she'd brought for this week. As soon as she had closed it, the driver sped off as if he were glad to see the back of her.

Grabbing her bag, she headed up the steps of the house and tried the door, relieved that it was open because that meant that someone else was in the house and that she wouldn't be alone. "Hello?" she called, closing the door behind her. She had to admit that the house was nice and the entrance was open and bright. It seemed like such calming place to be living in for the next week.

"Hi," came the reply to her left and she turned to see a member of One Direction coming down the stairs. "You're the first of Starstruck to arrive and let me guess, you're Izzy?"

She laughed and shook her head, walking towards the stairs and placing her bag down. "Close but no, I'm Caitlin. And I know you're Louis."

He smiled cheekily. "The one and only."

"This is a nice place," she commented as she admired the staircase and ceiling. Everything looked so elegant and expensive, something that she wasn't at all familiar with. This made her curious as to what her bedroom would look like. "Isn't it nice that management went all out on us?"

Louis shrugged and shoved his hands in his pockets. "I've seen better."

Caitlin raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?"

He broke into a smile. "Nah, I'm joking. It's real nice and wait until you see the pool."

They were interrupted by a voice coming from the top of the stairs. "Louis, my man, I believe you're stealing my lines," came the smooth voice of Zayn as he came to a stop next to his friend. He looked at Caitlin and gave her a smile. "You must be Caitlin?"

She smiled right back and nodded. "Although I enjoyed being Izzy for Mr. Line-Stealer here."

"Aw, he's a good guy, just gets a bit forgetful around pretty girls," he replied, making Louis smirk.

"Don't you just flatter me," she laughed, shaking her head. "Are you the only two here?"

Zayn shook his head. "Nah, the others are around here somewhere."

It didn't matter to her that she was currently the only one from Starstruck to be in the house because she was okay around guys and despite any reservations that might have been been among the girls about how the guys would be, they seemed to be friendly and great company so far. In fact she was already thinking that this entire stay in the house would be great and that the tour would end up being their best one.

Realising she still had her bag on her, Caitlin decided that she best head upstairs. "It was lovely to meet you guys but I'm afraid my bag won't make it upstairs itself," she excused, giving both boys a smile. "Does it matter what room I choose?"

"Not at all," Louis said.

"But they do all have names on," Zayn chipped in.

That was going to make finding her room easier. "Thanks guys," she said as she stepped around them and went upstairs. On second thought, she turned on the top step and saw that they were both still at the bottom. "And I might take you up on your offer to check out the pool later. I'll probably beat you both in a race." With that she stepped off the stairs and walked down the hallway, checking out each door until she found her name on a door to her right.

The bedroom did not disappoint. It was just as nice as the interior downstairs was, if not nicer. It felt more homely but that was probably to do with the bed that looked really soft and how light it was in the room. Caitlin dropped her bag on the floor and flopped down on the bed, sinking into the quilt and mattress. This would definitely give her a good nights sleep. After a few minutes of just lying there, she got up and went to the window to discover that her view was overlooking the pool and it definitely did look really nice. It would be something that she certainly used during this week.

She wondered how long it'd take the others to get here. Never did she think she would have been the first out of the five to arrive, but here she was. It didn't seem that bad and now she had a pool to explore with two of the guys, and even if they weren't locatable she would still check it out. All she had to do was check through her bag to see whether she packed any swimwear before officially starting the week of activities they were bound to have.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is exciting to be apart of. I'm P and I write for Caitlin.