Different Directions

Isabelle Castro

When she first heard a song by One Direction, nothing really stood out to her, it took a while for her to become a fan. Isabelle loved her old rock and pop genres, like Bruce Springsteen and Cyndi Lauper. But with Camila and Logahn shoving One Direction’s music up her nose, she caved. It was their story that had inspired her to agree to audition for the X-Factor.

Before Starstruck became a group of five, Isabelle was in a group of three, Logahn , Camila, and of course, herself. Together they auditioned for X Factor USA, and they made it passed the audition with all Yes’s. But the only way for them to get past bootcamp was to add two other girls, Caitlin, and Amelia, who both auditioned as solo artists. Isabelle thought it awkward at first, but she and the others quickly connected through music and other interests, and now Isabelle couldn’t imagine Starstruck without Amelia and Caitlin.

Staying under the same roof as One Direction, before they tour with the famous boy band, was a complete dream come true. They were Isabelle’s idols, and so she really didn’t want to make a fool out of herself. She definitely had to give Caitlin kudos for being the first one to arrive. Isabelle was thankful that the girls would be there when she met the band… it eased her nerves, so the chance of making a fool out of herself was low.

“You better have left me the best room in the whole house!” Isabelle yelled as she stumbled her way into the manor, her arms full with her pillow, and her teddy bear. To her the best room would be beside the biggest tree in the yard, she wanted a view of a garden—if there was one. She trusted her friends to know what room she would want, and hopefully they managed to save it.

Behind her she pulled her brother’s two black suitcases, one small and the other large, into the foyer before shutting the door. Strapped to her back was a red rucksack, which caused her to grumble thinking that she should’ve stuffed her bear into it.

“Did you see the size of the house, you diva?” A cheeky tone shouted from the room to the right, Isabelle shook her head with a smile, she knew who that was.

“Hello?”

Isabelle gasped, and whirled around and faced the other side of the foyer, her pillow and teddy bear clutched tightly in her arms. Standing at the entrance of the left side room, stood none other than Liam Payne.

When she first heard a song by One Direction, she wasn’t really feeling them. Isabelle was the last member of the trio that included both Cam, and Logahn , to become a fan of the famous boy group. Although when "Everything About You" played for the first time, Liam was the one that stood out the most. She admired how controlled his voice was when he sang. And now with the owner of said voice was in front of her, all she could think of was… she did look okay?

She cursed herself silently, why didn’t she just whip out her compact mirror before she barged in like a lunatic? The moment she stepped out of the plane, she didn’t bother with her appearance, normally that would not happen.

Izzy was one to always make sure she was presentable whenever possible, even when she was ill. Being on airplanes was a different story; she always got incredibly grumpy and groggy, and the dampness of the air didn’t help. And also the fact that it was close to 10 at night, so when she got off the plane she didn’t care how she looked, all she wanted was to be seated somewhere comfy for at least two hours.

With Liam Payne standing in front of her looking absolutely amazing made Izzy opened her mouth to apologize for her appearance. “I’m sorry I’m a bit s—”

Starstruck?

Oh my God. Izzy laughed, arms loosening around her pillow, and teddy bear. She looked to the left where Cam was leaning against the wall, smiling at her. “Really? Did you just… that was—”

“Punny?”

“Stop!” They laughed, including Liam. Isabelle’s worries vanished when she saw one of her best friends standing there. She grinned at her and moved to lay her pillow on top the largest suitcase before she opened her arms for a hug. Even though they live in the same place, they haven’t seen one another for a couple of days, instead spending those days packing and spending time with family. “Am I the last to arrive?”

“No, Logahn isn’t here yet. Amelia arrived an hour before you did.” Cam replied, pulling away and grabbed the handle of the smaller suitcase. “And unfortunately, the rooms have already been picked out for us.”

Izzy rolled her lips together and nodded. I guess I’ll have to make due, she thought to herself, I just hope I have a decent view.

When Cam started for the grand staircase, Izzy looked at Liam and blushed. “I’m sorry.” She picked up her pillow once again, using it as a shield. She had almost forgotten he was standing there, and now she was acting like such a fan girl, stop it Isabelle! Her arms loosened when Liam moved towards her, his arm stretched out in greeting.

She shook his hand. He smiled warmly at her, “It's fine. So you’re Isabelle then?”

“Mhmm,” she nodded in confirmation, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. “You can call me Izzy.”

“It’s nice to meet you Izzy.” Liam was talented and absolutely beautiful, and he was standing in front of her saying that it was nice to meet her. These things just don’t happen to anybody.

She watched silently as Liam grabbed the handle of the bag, “Oh, you don’t have to…”

“My mum raised me better than that,” Liam chuckled, shaking his head. He motioned for her to lead the way after Camila. Oh, he is putting other men to shame.

Izzy pressed her lips together before grinning, she faked a soft gasp. “My, oh my… Liam Payne holding my suitcase, and being a proper gentleman! Excuse me while I swoon.” She brought the back of her hand against her forehead in a drama fashion. She giggled when she saw his cheeks redden, “Really though, I’m a fan of you.”

“Of me?”

“Yup!” She nodded, biting the inside of her cheek. She pulled her teddy bear and pillow into her chest. “You have amazing vocal control, and I, well, I greatly admire that.”

Isabelle grinned to herself when she saw his laugh lines crinkle up by his eyes. It was cute. Half way up the stairs, a shout of alarm caused Isabelle to jump. The shout was quickly followed by a loud clatter and laughter. She turned to look at Liam in confusion, he just shook his head. “Louis and Niall are making pizza.”

Up head of them, Isabelle saw Cam open a door, a thump, and she then walked out. She pinched Isabelle’s side in affection, before jogging down the stairs. She knew how Isabelle was when she’s been on the plane.

“And who is this?”

Izzy sighed, whenever someone asked about Crumpet, she felt like a little kid. It was something she had gotten used to, but now that she was in front of a member of One Direction it was a bit embarrassing. But she loved her teddy bear.

“This lovely furry thing is Crumpet,” she said with a tiny smile at Liam.

He returned the smile, and set the suitcase beside her bedroom door. “Does he travel a lot with you?”

Yup, she definitely felt like a child.

She hummed, following him into the room. “Yeah, he does. I’m a cuddler, so I need something to hold onto when I sleep, and he’s super comfy.”

He laughed lightly, and nodded. She turned away to examine the room, her arms loosening around Crumpet. It was incredible, the bed looked like she’d sink right in, the dressers and night stand had a Victorian look to them. And the private bathroom was icing on the cake. She moved to set her pillow, rucksack, and Crumpet on her bed.

“Alright before I let you get settled, I just want to let you know that a movie was planned when everyone arrived. And,” He made a face, remembering the clatter. “There will be pizza… hopefully.”

“Oh…” Isabelle sighed, she didn't think she'd be able to keep up this friendly act longer than she had too. She really didn't like plane rides. “Thanks for letting me know, but I think I’ll pass.”

Liam frowned. “Oh, are you feeling poorly?”

Isabelle's mouth dropped a little, what? Oh! She immediately shook her head, “No, no… it’s nothing like that. I just…” She paused, quickly deciding whether or not to tell him more. She winced slightly. “I get a bit grumpy after being on an airplane, and I… kind of don’t want to make an ass out of myself later.”

Before Liam said anything, she continued, “That’s why the girls aren’t around me at the moment. I just need time to myself, and I’ll probably end up going to bed.”

He nodded, “Okay, it was nice to meet you Isabelle, and I’ll make sure the guys don’t pester you.”

She laughed, and nodded her thanks. She watched as he turned and left the room, shutting the door gently behind him. He was just as she imagined, Isabelle swooned.

She felt bad for not meeting the other members of One Direction, but Isabelle was being honest when she said that she would make an ass out of herself later. She didn’t want to be rude, or known as the snob of the group. She had a diva side, it wasn't crazy, but it was there. She figured that if they asked about her, then one of the girls would explain.

Unzipping the largest suitcase, she took out her sleeping shorts, and grabbed her make up remover from the smaller bag. Once she changed out of her traveling clothes and removed her make-up, she tied her hair in a bun as she made her way to the window. Pulling back the curtains, a smile grew as she took in her view. It was just what she wanted. A tree was just outside her window, as well as a garden with lights.

She continued to smile to herself, as she closed her curtains. She pulled back the blankets of her bed, and was ready to jump in when a knock sounded through the room.

It was Liam again, and he had a coffee cup in his hand. “It’s tea. It’ll help you sleep a bit better.”

Biting the inside of her lip, Isabelle stared at him, her eyes shining. “You didn’t have to Liam, but thank you so much for this.”

She took the cup from his hands, his brown eyes glowing as he smiled. He gave a little wave, “I’ll see you in the morning, yeah?”

With a nod of her head, Isabelle waved and closed the door softly. Liam reminded her of Trey…a wave of loneliness washed over her. She already missed her brothers.

A small ding was heard from her phone which was still in one of the front pockets of her rucksack, she had forgotten about it. She shook the feeling away, and unlocked her phone.

She raised an eyebrow when she saw it was a text from Amelia, 'Logahn called, she won’t be able to make it tonight.' A second ding, 'she’ll call again tomorrow.'

A smirk played across her lips as she sent a simple, ‘K.’

Bringing the cup of tea to her lips, she took a small sip and texted Seth to let him know that she had arrived safely. He was the second oldest brother, and the one who was most likely to immediately answer.

'Alright, I told mom. Now get some sleep, baby sis. Text me tomorrow, love you.'

'Love you too, bro.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiiiii, I'm Calli and I'll be writing for Izzy.
Hopefully this wasn't too boring, and I apologize for any mistakes!

Thanks for reading, let us know what you think!! xx