Different Directions

Isabelle Castro

“Why did I even agree to go on this stupid hike?” Izzy grumbled to herself, swatting a buzzing fly away from her ear. She loved to look at the pretty scenery, but that was it. Isabelle wasn’t the outdoorsy person—though, sometimes she wished she was. With a huff she pulled her bag off, and looked through it for her bug spray. She cursed; she forgot that she gave it to one of the girls a while ago.

“Cait!” She called to the brunette ahead of her. Caitlin answered back with a ‘yeah?’

“I didn’t give you the bug spray by any chance, did I?” Isabelle asked, silently hoping she did give it to her friend as she slapped her leg.

“No, hun, you didn’t.”

“Ugh, ok…” She grumbled, damn it. Someone cleared their throat to her left, catching her attention. It was only then she remembered that she was with two members of One Direction. Her pulsed raced when she turned to see Zayn—looking beautiful as ever—holding out bug repellent.

She cheered, “Yes! Thank you so much.”

He smiled and said, “You’re welcome,” with his accented voice. She tried to calm herself down at the fact that Zayn was walking beside her. Stop being a fan girl, Izzy! She felt his eyes on her as she sprayed the repellent on herself. “You know… I read somewhere that hairspray attracts flies.”

She copied his action from earlier and cleared her throat, thinking over the information he fed her. Biting her lip, she assessed Zayn, and saw that his hair looked free of hair products.

“Damn it,” she said with a small groan, earning a soft chuckle from the male. “I guess that explains why I have the most flies around me. I thought I had a banana peel hanging off of me somewhere, which isn’t possible since I didn’t go near a banana today.”

“Even if you did have a banana peel around you, it’d probably be Harry’s fault.”

She laughed, holding out the bottle for him to take. “Thanks, again.”

A few steps ahead of her—behind Caitlin—was Niall who seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Izzy frowned, that was the quietest he’s been these couple of days. Crap, I probably ruined the hike for both Zayn and Niall. She thought to herself, her shoulders slumping.

Well, it wasn’t mostly her fault, Izzy pursed her lips in thought, she wasn’t sure but all the girls thought that Louis was lost, and Logahn would have gotten into an argument with him because of that. Still, she needed to learn how to ‘suck it up’ and continue with whatever. Louis was right, she was constantly whining.

She sighed, rolling her eyes. “Um…” She started, loud enough to gain both of Caitlin and Niall’s attention. “I just wanna apologize for what happened back there, and for being such a complete “girl”. I didn’t mean to make the hike shit, it was supposed to be fun and…”

“Nah, me knee was acting up a bit!” Niall waved off her apology and grinned, his eyes covered by his black ray bans.

She breathed out, and gave a short laugh. “OK, as long as I didn’t completely ruin the hike. I’m honestly glad we’re going back because I really need to pee.”

They all laughed when Caitlin jumped in with an ‘oh my God’ and agreed.

Image

An hour later, Isabelle was in comfier clothes and was searching through Netflix curled up in a thin blanket, while Caitlin was upstairs soaking her feet, and Niall making sandwiches. She wasn’t sure where Zayn was. Isabelle dropped the remote and picked up her phone which beeped with a text message.

'IZZY, distract me please :( !!'

Isabelle frowned, while the girls were here with One Direction her best friend, and ex bandmate was back home with family for the funeral. She wished that she was there. She wished that they all would be there for Cam on the tough day, but their days to get to know One Direction was limited before the tour starts. So taking a couple of days off was out of the question.

Breathing out slowly, she typed back a reply.

'We just got back from a hike :/ which was a bad idea!!
We all got lost and argued, and now Niall is making me a sandwich :p'


When they got back she loudly mentioned that Netflix calls her name, and that anyone could join, Niall immediately offered to make sandwiches, which got Izzy excited and nervous at the same time. So after basically fangirling internally, she smiled and said that it sounded like a plan.

She rolled her eyes at the memory, she’s so unprofessional.

“Oh my God!” Izzy heard Caitlin exclaim, furrowing her brows she paused to listen, setting her phone down beside her. “Logahn, why are you limping?”

Her eyes widened, and scrambled up from her spot just as Niall walked into the room a plate full of sandwiches, and two water bottles for them both. Izzy helped him place them on the coffee table, and grabbed her phone before they both ran to the foyer.

There Logahn was grumbling, slowly making her way to the stairs with Liam who had her arm over his shoulders. Louis was shaking his head, Amelia sighed dropping her bag on the floor, and Harry ruffled his hair as he closed the door behind them.

“What happened?” Caitlin asked as she worriedly watched both Liam and Logahn make their way up the stairs.

Louis was the one who answered, “She fell.”

Izzy rolled her eyes, hands on hips, “How did she fall?”

“Louis tripped me!” Logahn yelled causing heads to snap at Louis who sputtered uncrossing his arms and yelled ‘I did not!’ back.

“He kicked a rock… Logahn stepped on it and…” Amelia sighed gesturing to the stairs.

“Oh jeez,” Izzy mumbled and texted Cam.

'Louis kicked a rock and Logahn tripped on it! -_- annd now she’s limping.'

This was definitely not what she expected when they were told they were to share a manor with the famous boy band before their touring starts. First Camila loses a grandfather, and decides to continue her schooling last minute—which Izzy concluded it was because family meant a lot to him, and being in a band on a tour with One Direction would keep Cam away from her family.

Secondly, they went on a “hike” which was a bad idea, since she probably got herself on the bad side of both Louis and Harry. She was being a brat on the hike, but there was no way she’d admit that out loud for them to hear. Louis and Logahn obviously had tension from the moment they said he got us lost, and now this happens.

What next? Shaking her head, she locked her phone before following after Caitlin and Amelia up the stairs. She then remembered Netflix, sandwiches and Niall, pausing mid-step she looked down at Niall who was biting his nail. “Save me a sandwich, I’ll be right back!”

When she walked into Logahn’s room, and into her bathroom she saw her friend sitting on top the counter and wiping her leg that was a little scrapped with dried blood. Amelia was looking through a first-aid kit for gauze and stuff.

Caitlin was asking how the hike went after they left, and before the rock incident. Amelia cleared her throat, and moved to Logahn who was still cursing Louis under her breath. “Well… it continued on I guess? Logahn and Louis were pretty much wrestling for the map though.”

Isabelle laughed. Yeah… she could definitely see that happening. Logahn was always leading the way, so her getting fed up with Louis's wandering was bound to happen. They all headed back down when Logahn was cleaned and patched up, saying that all she needed was ice and she’ll be good.

What a day, and it’s not even 6 PM! Now all Isabelle wanted to do was kick back and relax. After getting an ice pack they went back into the movie room where Niall, Liam, and Louis were already sitting. Logahn ignored Louis, and sat on the other side of Niall who shouted in delight when she placed the pack on her knee.

“Ay! We’re matching!”

Laughing, Izzy smiled over at Niall who was pointing to his knee. Her phone beeped from her hand, she unlocked it and read Cam's reply.

'OMG! Seriously!? You haven't been there long and already Logahn needs the hospital?'

Izzy shook her head, it wasn't bad enough for a hospital, and she hoped that it wouldn't get to that point. In the end she was sure that they'd all be best friends!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hii, sorry for the wait! I apologize for any mistakes!
polyvore: Isabelle 2

Comments and Recs are welcome! :)
xx