Status: Keep or Kill?

Ana

One

"I'm pregnant."

Timothy Carter began to laugh loudly as I told him the news, something that I had found out a couple of days ago after many tests. The eighteen year old boy murmured something along the lines of 'that was a good one' and wiped a tear from under his eye but stopped when he saw that I was staring directly at him with the most serious expression I could muster.

His face fell immediately when he realized I hadn't moved, that I practically didn't even blink. "A-are you sure?" I nodded impassively. He cursed and ran his hands through his hands a couple of times, a clear sign that he was nervous. "Is it mine?" I gritted my teeth as I nodded again.

"You're the only guy I've had sex with in a while, Tim." He flinched at my tone then began to cuss under his breath and running his hands through his hair again. I watched his varsity baseball jacket wrinkle at his movements.

Both of our eyes snapped towards his phone as it began to vibrate; someone was calling him. He stared at it until he deliberately picked it up and began to slid out of the booth. I watched him get up and look around the diner, avoiding my eyes.

He scratched the back of his head and motioned towards his phone, "I gotta go." I nodded and began to get up from the booth as well. "Um, Ana, I think I should be alone for a little bit. You know, to think things over." His voice was so low that I almost didn't hear him, but I nodded silently either way. I played with the hem of my cheer leading skirt and watched him scratch his head again.

"Yeah- well- I'll call you then." He murmured. Then turned around and walked out of the diner without another word, or even a look back.

*

"Did you hear that Tim got a girl from school pregnant?" I froze in my seat as my sister, Amber, and her friends whispered in between themselves at the lunch table. My heart dropped to my stomach and I felt a wave of nausea take over as I realized that after almost two months of covering of my pregnancy; everyone had found out.

I just needed to know how they had found out.

"Do you know who it is?" Amber shook her head and I left out a sigh of relief as a ginormous weight lifted off my shoulders. I sent a silent thanks to God and began to bite the sandwich that I had taken for lunch.

"Easy on the food Ana, you're getting pudgy." Amber's best friend snapped at me. I nodded and put the sandwich down as Amber's boyfriend took a seat next to me. I nodded at his greeting and watched my co-cheerleader sit down in front of me.

She immediately leaned in towards everyone and I knew it was going to be more gossip, "I found out who Tim got pregnant." My heart skipped a beat at her statement and nearly broke down crying of fear in front of them. I couldn't manage to swallow the ball stuck in my throat as everyone asked her who. "Madison."

My head snapped towards her in shock as everyone began to whisper things. Vile began to rise up from my stomach and I got up only to race towards the bathroom.

"What's wrong with her?" Amber's boyfriend asked.

"Probably still not over him." I heard my sister reply before I burst through the cafeteria doors.

I made it to the bathroom in record time and threw up all the contents I had managed to contain in my stomach for two days straight without morning sickness. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand as I looked myself over in the mirror. I couldn't believe it.

He had gotten another girl pregnant.

I had heard that they were seeing each other those two months after he broke up with me and then ignored me completely, but I didn't think he would get her pregnant. I had to talk to him, I had to know what was going to happen.

I walked out of the bathroom on wobbly legs only to crash into someone outside. I looked up to find Tim and a couple of his friends standing against some lockers as they chatted away seriously. He looked down at me and moved back as I stood up.

"Oh, h-hey Ana." He stuttered.

I nodded once and moved around him to walk towards the door, feeling sick all over again. I heard him say something to his friends then heard as he ran behind me. I was pulled back by his hand and I felt my stomach doing flips at the touch of his hand.

"We gotta talk," I heard him say.

I nodded and watched him run his hands through his hair. I broke the silence, "Is it true?" He jumped at the sound of my voice then nodded slowly. I swallowed and took in a breath. "Okay," I stated, afraid that I would throw up if I spoke some more.

I nodded to myself and turned around to walk away once more, "I'm going to marry her." My heart seemed to stop altogether as my breath hitched. I turned to him slowly, quickly putting a stop to my quivering lip.

"What?" I whispered.

He scratched the back of his head and I suddenly felt the need to scream, "Stop fucking scratching your head and tell me dammit!" He flinched and dropped his hands to his sides quickly.

"I'm marrying Madison after graduation, Ana."

I felt like I was going to choke or throw up, perhaps both.

"Why?"

He didn't look up, "She's pregnant."

"I'm fucking pregnant, why didn't it even occur to you to marry me?!" I yelled as anger overtook my whole body, I couldn't control it anymore. He finally looked up at me with a frown on his face.

"You're fifteen, Ana. Do you know what would happen if my parents found out that I got a freshman pregnant?" I wanted to throw something at him, I wanted to attack him and strangle him until he was blue. What the hell had I ever seen in this guy?

"What are your parents gonna say? What are my parents gonna say?! There are going to kill me, Tim! What the hell is the matter with you, I can't do this on my own! How could you do this to me?!" I screamed at him.

"It's probably not even mine." He muttered. Tears flowed down my face as he stood there, looking at the ground with a serious expression on his face as I broke down in front of him. I turned around and ran out the doors of the school towards the gates without looking back once.

I thought of Madison as I ran home and realized that she was better than I ever would've been. She was a seventeen year old senior, a beautiful brunette with green eyes and a tall slim figure, and dressed like if she was from a Vogue magazine.

Tim was meant to be with her and that was exactly what he was going to do.

I cried until my sister arrived home and listened into her conversation after she called up to me, announcing she was home.

"Can you believe Madison?" My sisters best friend said, feigning shock.

"I know," My sister imputed, "Imagine how her parents are going to react."

"Oh my God, my parents would disown me if I ever got pregnant." She laughed.

My sister laughed as well, "My parents wouldn't accept it, they're to Catholic to accept something this scandalous. They would make me abort the baby probably." I felt the need to throw up again as I listened into their conversation.

I got up and ran to the bathroom to throw up stomach fluid as my mind raked through plans. I had to get away from here, I had to leave.

I packed a book bag quickly and stuffed everything I could as I slipped down the stairs and out the door the most quiet that I could, then took off running towards town. I reached an ATM and immediately pulled out the most money I could from the card, then trashed it in the nearest garbage bin along with my cell phone. I called over a taxi and drove towards the airport without a double thought.

Paying for ticket and getting on the plane didn't hit me until I realized that I was a total screw up at fifteen years old.

My parents and sisters would hate me so much if they knew I was pregnant. I couldn't go back home, ever. Now I only prayed to God that my last hope would accept me.

*

I clutched onto the backpack strap as I stared at the house in front of me. I walked up the steps and rang the doorbell then waited as I heard movement on the other side.

A smiling girl came to the door and I immediately recognized her, even after not seeing her for a couple of years. Her fiery red hair seemed to fit her as she looked more like a grown woman. A brunette stepped in behind her to peek out the door and I immediately began to bawl like a baby as her green eyes widened in shock.

"Ana? What are you doing here?" My older cousin asked as she stepped out towards me. I threw myself into her arms and cried.

"Charlotte," I blubbered, "I need your help."
♠ ♠ ♠
keep or kill?