Status: This is posted on other sites under the username "dismantlingsummer". If you see it posted by someone else unless stated that it actually me, please message me.

Sempiternal

Chapter 6

My phone beep and I looked at it to see a strange number stating they were here, which I was assuming was Harry since I saw his car pull in. I walked out of the grocery store and over to the Range Rover I had just been in the night before, looking around to make sure that man wasn't back and saw me near Harry.
As soon as I climbed in, Harry drove out of the parking lot.
"We're going to your house and you're getting your stuff together." He wasn't asking, he was demanding.
I was mad now. You don't drag me into shit I had nothing to do with and expect me to just go along with whatever bullshit you're saying.
"Why? I'm not going anywhere with you. You fucking killed a man, according to that guy and you expect me to just pack up my shit and run off with you? This isn't my problem, Harry. It's yours." I was surprised with myself. I basically lost my shit on Harry and I wasn't even sorry.
"Listen sweet heart, you got into this mess yourself by bringing me home the other night. There's no backing out now. It's either you come with me and let me protect you, or you die. You choose."
He didn't sugar coat it, that's for sure. The thought of dying scared me. So if going with Harry was what it took to hopefully get out of this mess, then I figured I'd oughta do it.
"I thought Jeremy would have warned you about me before he just let his favourite employee waltz into my life. But apparently he doesn't give that much shit about you huh?"
Harry laughed. This was a whole new person sitting next to me. This wasn't the same Harry I first met, or spent two nights in a row with. And it definitely was not the scared Harry that was in my apartment earlier today.
"Wanna fill me in a little more on exactly how fucking dangerous you are? Because I'm not a huge fan of the visit I just had with someone that's clearly out to get you!" I demanded answers, now. I was still scared, no doubt about it. But at this point I knew nothing was ever going to be the same again.
"I have a problem, Teri. I can't control myself. You're stuck with it now because honestly, for some reason, I can't let you die." He licked his lips, eyes still on the road as he sped back to my apartment. "There's something in me telling me I need to keep you around and I'll never understand why but I knew it from the first night I fucked your brains out. Something's telling me we could be good together."
Harry reached over and put a hand on my thigh and I pushed it away.
"Never." I spat. He laughed.
"You're saying that now baby. But I've already brought you into my world and there's no escaping now. But it's okay. You're safe with me."
This time I laughed. Safe? What was safe anymore? The man, Mr Russell, made it clear if I didn't make Harry go to him, he'd come for me. I had a feeling we were dealing with some very powerful people and they could most likely kill me and make it look like they had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Harry quickly glanced over at me and I could feel his eyes on me as I kept my eyes straight ahead on the road ahead of us. We were nearing my apartment. As soon as we pulled in, I ran in ahead of Harry. Slamming my front door behind me and locking it so he couldn't get in.
"Marley?!" I yelled. No answer.
Fear quickly struck me and I ran around my apartment searching for her and she was nowhere to be found. What if they stopped by and got her while I was gone? What if they had her right now? I could hear Harry at my front door pounding his fists against the hard wood, trying to get me to open up. Yelling my name and demanding the door to be opened.
I scanned the kitchen to find a note left on the table. It read, Teri, Louis came by and picked me up. Said I wasn't safe here and that I was going to stay with him. I'm not sure what's going on but he said both you and Harry were in a lot of trouble. Please be safe. I love you. - Marley. A wave of relief washed over me because she was safe. However, I didn't know exactly how safe she was with Louis, since he was a partner of Harry's and clearly that was nothing to mess with.
Tears welled up in my eyes. I didn't know what was going on anymore. Three days ago I was a regular 20 year old. I partied with my best friend, worked a job I thought was amazing, I worked out, watched movies, ate too much ice cream. And now that was basically all gone because I let one person into my life. Hell, I didn't even exactly let him into my life. I called off this whole thing when I had a bad feeling about it all. And was that bad feeling proving to be true. How could someone come in your life and fuck up your whole world in literally two days? How was that fucking possible?
I could still hear Harry on the other side of the door demanding to be let in. I don't know why I did it, but I went and unlocked the door, letting him in. He was calm again as he stood in the door way.
"Go get your things." Was all he said to me. His tone was stern and his eyes were dark.
"Not until you tell me what the fuck is actually going on. I want every detail." I demanded.
There was something in me telling me that I needed to go with him. But another part was telling me I needed to kick his ass out, go on about my life, find a new job, maybe even move. But I knew it wasn't going to be that simple.
He sighed, locking the door behind him and taking a quick look through the window and then slowly walking over to the couch. I followed, sitting on the table in front of the couch, so I was sitting directly in front of him. We weren't moving till I knew every detail.
"Truth is, you're going to be scared of me when I tell you. But if you really want to know, I'll give you the whole story." He started.
I nodded, my way of telling him to continue.
"Jeremy actually hired me because he knew how dangerous I actually was. He knew I could get the job done, and not flake out on him. He knew I had no remorse. It started out with just beatings. I would do a good number on anyone that didn't pay up. I made my first slip up when I killed someone who didn't pay up. But luckily for me, and Jeremy, I knew what I had to do to make it look like we had absolutely nothing to do with it. Since then, I didn't care. People who paid up on time, I left alone. Anyone who was late, making excuses as to why they didn't have Jeremy's money, or tried fucking us over and fleeing, well... died. I did it. And I didn't have one bit of guilt in me for any of it."
He paused for a second to take a look at my facial expression. It was blank. I should have been scared, but for some reason I wasn't. Maybe it was because I was hoping this was gonna be one huge joke and we'd wake up tomorrow and carry on our lives like the somewhat normal people we were before? Maybe it was because I was in shock? Or maybe it was because deep down I was just as fucked up as Harry. He cleared his throat and continued.
"The killing fulfilled my craving. I craved to watch someone gasp for their last breath of air. To have the control over someone's life. To completely end it. I started using this job as an excuse. I no longer cared about Jeremy's drugs. I no longer cared who I got my hands on just as long as I was able to end them. I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but all I can say is I'll take down whoever it is that gets in my way. And wanna know the truth?" He didn't even give me time to answer.
"The second night we were together, when I brought you home. I wanted nothing more than to watch you choke for air as I tightened my grip around your throat. That was my initial plan. But the sex was good, so I didn't do it. After we fucked and were in the shower, something washed over me that made me realize you were the missing part. Like I was waiting all this time for you. Now don't get the idea that you make me want to be a better person, because that's not the case. This is something I can't control. But I know that with everything in me I can't stand the thought of anything happening to you and I'm not sure why. That's why I need you to come with me. I'll keep you safe, and take care of this asshole that threatened you myself. Then we can get out of here."
I stared at Harry. He wasn't kidding. About any of it. I didn't know what to do with myself. I almost forgot to breathe because my mind was on overdrive, trying to process everything Harry had just told me. For a second, I considered telling him to get out. But then my mind went back to everything he had just said. He was just as capable of ending me just like the people out to get him were. That thought alone scared me and I knew I had to go with him. I didn't want to die. I was way too young. But I knew that life was never going to be the same again and I had Harry to thank for that. I use the term thank very loosely.
I stood up and walked away from Harry and to my bathroom. I felt sick to my stomach. I stared at myself in the mirror, taking in my appearance. My skin was a sickly green color. My face was blank. Like I wasn't sure weather I was going to be sick, or cry, or do both.
Harry appeared behind me. He wrapped his arms around me and I could feel his hot breath on my neck.
"Come on, Teri. Don't look so scared. We could be good together. We could have it all if we wanted. Just you and I against the world."
"How?" I spat. "By killing people? Are you fucking insane?"
Harry laughed in my ear before quickly kissing the side of my head.
"Aren't we all a little insane?"
I gave him a questioning look in the mirror.
"Baby, if you weren't, you would have ran out the front door and ran for help as soon as I just spilled all of that out to you. You would be terrified of me. You wouldn't let me touch you if you truly weren't insane. You wouldn't be giving in to the idea of leaving this apartment with me tonight." Harry whispered in my ear. Nipping at my ear lobe while his hands traced up my body.
Was he right? How could I still be standing here with him after everything he just confessed to me.
I broke out of his grasp and ran into my room, grabbing articles of clothes and tossing them into the suitcase I found in my closet. Harry appeared in no time with that god forsaken smirk plastered on his face.
"I knew you'd give in. You're just as insane as I am."
"No." I cut him off. "I'm going with you for two reasons. One, you're capable of killing me if I don't, and by the sounds of it, that's exactly what you'll do. Two, if I don't go, I'll just end up fucking dealing with the asshole I back at the grocery store again anyway because I just had to make the stupid decision of bringing you back here, and going to your house where I was seen with you by these fucking people and now regardless of what I do, I'll always be tied to you. I can't escape it now!" I yelled through the tears that were flowing down my face.
I collapsed on the floor, with my head in my hands. It was hard to breathe. Everything was a blur. I didn't know what was going on anymore. I felt Harry's warm hands grab my arms, pulling me up and into his chest.
"It's okay Teri. You'll get used to the lifestyle I've become accustomed to." His lame attempt to comfort me. There was no way to comfort me right now.
Even more tears streamed down my face now. I didn't want this. I didn't want to be part of any of this. This was disgusting. The thought of Harry's hands covered in someone's blood flashed through my mind and I could feel the bile rise up to my mouth. I ran to the bathroom, letting the contents of my stomach pour into the toilet bowl. Harry once again was by my side, rubbing my back as I continued to vomit into the toilet.
I pushed him away and pulled myself up to the sink. Grabbing my toothbrush and putting some toothpaste on it to scrub the disgusting taste from my mouth.
"You're like the fucking plague, y'know? Don't touch me anymore."
Harry laughed. "Don't touch you? You'll be begging me later."
I scoffed at his comment. There was no chance in hell I'd ever sleep with him again. The thought of it alone made me almost end up in front of the toilet again.
I rinsed my mouth with some mouthwash once I was finished brushing my teeth, hoping that would help a little more with the repulsive taste I couldn't seem to wash from my mouth. I pushed Harry out of my way before walking back to my bedroom to finish packing my things. Realization hit me that I probably would never come back to this apartment again and that broke my heart. I loved this place. It was the first thing in my life that I worked hard for and earned on my own. The first thing I had no help from anyone to get. I didn't want to leave it behind but I knew I had to.
At this point, I almost considered saying fuck it and just letting whatever happen to me. Maybe if I could help them get to Harry, they'd leave me alone? But who was I kidding, Harry seemed to know all too well what he was doing and could easily avoid them. Or easily take them down.