Ulquiorra Schiffer - oneshots

Made to Smile

"Ano... Stark-san."

You call out to the passing by Espada. Stark averts his drooping eyes to you, and raises an eyebrow.

"Eh? Oh, Ai-sama, you're here?"

You nod your head, walking up closer to the Espada.

"Hai, and, if you don't mind, could you please take me to my father?"

Stark complies without a word. He lifts you into his arms, and uses his Senido* to take you to your father's whereabouts in less than a minute.

"Arigatou, Stark-san."

You bow a bit; respect was always your thing. Back in Soul Society, you were always known as the respectful person. But here in Las Noches, you figured they had an issue with respect.

"No need to bow down so low to me, Ai-sama."

You sweatdrop, you didn't bow THAT low at all. But then you realize Stark's name for you and shake your head. You wonder how many times you had to say to every Espada not to call you that,

"Stark-san, it's Ai. Not Ai-sama, ok? My name already sounds like my father's, so there's no need to add -sama. It makes me feel old too."

You smile sheepishly, Stark grins but nods, calling you Ai-chan before going his way.

Las Noches was such a big place, you thought. That you wouldn't get to one place without taking at least an hour. Unfortunately, you hadn't learned shunpo back in Soul Society, so you were one, maybe the only one in Las Noches who walks at least an hour from one place to the other.

But then, you got acquainted with the Espada, why wouldn't you? After all, your father had brought them to life. And since then you would just wait for an Espada to come by and take you to wherever.

You push the giant doors open to your father's throne room, where he sits like a king. And think, no one had ever refused you when you requested to be taken somewhere; it was the wonder of being Aizen's daughter.

But then you laugh under your breath, no one, except...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sigh, you had again fallen asleep in the library. Your realm and your escape. Since there was nothing to do in your oversized room, you always snuck out and asked someone to get you to the library.

You closed your eyes for a minute, remembering your Soul Society days. But snapped them back open, in fear of falling asleep again.

You fixed the mess of books you had made, stacking them on a table; you knew you would be back tomorrow.

Though it was always dark in Hueco Mundo, you knew this time, that it was literally sleeping time. No one was outside the library, not a single soul. Just as you were about to start your one hour trek to your room, a movement stops you.

An Espada, of course. But one that you had not seen of yet. Currently, your father was making his "army"; PREFFERED "army" of Espada's and you figured he was one of the new ones. You narrowed your eyes, but, the newer he is, the stronger he also is.

You decided to take your chances, and approached the green eyed Espada,

"Excuse me...?"

Since he was walking the other way, he stops in his tracks. Turning slowly to pierce you with his green eyes, you just smiled a small one.

"If you don't mind, could you possibly, take me to-"

Now what would you say? This Espada certainly didn't know who you were, and that you were their Aizen-sama's daughter.

"You were saying?"

His voice was cold, and it made you shiver a bit.

"To, um... Aizen-san's chambers?"

You weren't fit as to call your father, 'master'. It just didn't sound right. You see the Espada give no apparent reply, he just looks at you. But you gasp as you feel the wall collide with your back.

The Espada had your collar, pinning you on the wall. You looked down at him; you had learned to hold your own back at Soul Society, being the 4th seat of your father's division.

"Who do you think you are? Calling Aizen-sama so casually?"

You frowned a bit, and saw no other way around the problem. You didn't want to hurt the guy, besides, you knew he was stronger. But you also weren't the type to just shout that you were Aizen's daughter, then again, there was a big chance he wouldn't believe you. You kept silent, blinking your eyes at the Espada.

You felt his grip on your collar tighten, you wince a bit,

"Well?"

You couldn’t answer, he was gripping you to death, just then help came your way.

"Ulquiorra! What are you doing?!"

Ulquiorra doesn’t drop you, but he loosens his grip just enough for you to breathe properly. You peer over and see Szayel Apporo Granz, with a horrified look in his face, probably scared to death as to what your father would do when he saw you in this state. You smile at him and wave a hand.

"Szayel Apporo..."

Ulquiorra mutters, not interested at all. Apporo approaches with speed, stopping beside Ulquiorra.

"The woman you are holding, and choking to death, is Aizen-sama's daughter! Let her go right this instant!"

Ulquiorra's eyes seemed to widen for a moment, but still he doesn't lower you down. He turns his head to you, as if asking you if it was true. You send him an apologetic smile.

His hand on your collar relaxes, then, he slowly puts you down. He bows his head in thought. You rub your neck a bit, slightly laughing at Apporo's sigh.

"You should thank me, Ulquiorra, if Aizen-sama had seen you, you would surely be on his bad side."

Ulquiorra, although somewhat bothered by what he did, was not bothered by what Apporo said, he gives Apporo a cold glare. As if reminding him who is superior, Apporo glares back.

You wave your arms in front of them,

"Mou mou! No need to start a fight, ok? Thank you, Szayel-san for the introductions! Now then, let's continue on, Ulquiorra-san!"

You quickly took Ulquiorra's arm and dragged him away, turning a corridor out of Szayel's eyes. You didn't know what you did, because in your mind, it would be better to go with Szayel, but your body grabbed Ulquiorra. You shrugged, it couldn't be that bad.

"Ulquiorra-san, could you take me to my father's chambers? I'm afraid I don't have the ability to use Senido like you do. So, if you don't mind."

This time, Ulquiorra knows to comply, but, he is still faced with one problem, how to get you there.

"How do I..?"

You blink, all of the Espada had carried you in the same way, and that was, comfortably in their arms. With Ulquiorra though, it seems he was a bit naive.

"Well, Um... Ah...”

You didn't want to say, 'carry me in your arms, like newlyweds!’ That would be so out of it,

"I-It's up to you, really. I don't care if you drag me there, I just need to get there."

A few seconds of silence passes, until Ulquiorra decided just to do the same as the others, but with a twist. Once you were safe in his arms, he looked down at you, and said.

"You might want to hold on, else you might fall."

You felt heat flow up your cheeks, maybe he didn't mean it that way, so you lifted a hand, and clutched a handful of his clothes. Ulquiorra raises an eyebrow at you,

"You really think that will keep you from falling?"

You sweatdropped at the insult, he didn't look like the type to be throwing insults, so you were taken aback. Once again you felt the heat on your cheeks return, as you wrap your arms around his neck. You didn't have time to look at his expression, for he had started his run to your destination, and the next thing you knew, you were on your feet, in front of your father's room.

"Arigatou!"

You bowed at him, and he looks at you with his mouth slightly agape.

"You're pretty fast! Maybe next time when I'm in the library, I'll wait for you to pass by instead of any other Espada!"

You turn, and open the door, but stop when you forgot your manners.

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you my name yet, did I? It's Ai, Ai Souskue. Well, Goodnight then."

And you shut the door, leaving Ulquiorra a bit dumbfounded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You once again laugh at the memory, that was a few months back, and your father snaps you back to reality.

"Ai, did you need something, dear?"

You smiled at him, and shook your head no,

"I just came to visit Gin-san and Tousen-san!"

As absurd as it would get, both of the mentioned people were very good companions of yours, both of them amused you a lot.

"Ah! Really? Ai-chan! I'm glad ya came I was becoming bored!"

Aizen raises an eyebrow at Gin, and shakes his head. Tousen gives a somewhat small smile. You were about to reply to Gin, when the same doors you went through in, opened once again, revealing,

"Ulquiorra! You're-"

You stopped when you saw a woman with him, a woman with orange hair, one you had seen at Soul Society, one that they had called, the ryoka.

Ulquiorra sends you a friendly glance, but only a glance, for he was in front of your father.

"Aizen-sama, I have returned. I have completed the mission."

Most of the conversation was this and that, and while they were doing so, you looked intently at the woman, who was now called Orihime.

You couldn't help, but feel, something... Deeper than the depths of your mind, and it was whispering, jealousy?

No way.....

Or could it...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eh? Ulquiorra-san? You're here again?"

Months after you had been introduced to Ulquiorra, you always meet him at the halls, or anywhere for that fact. But most of the time, you met him at the library. He always said that "Aizen-sama" had ordered him to find information about this and that, it was true, some of the time. But sometimes he didn't even touch a single book on a shelf; he just sat on one of the chairs, listening to your chit chat.

One of those days, was today, you thought, for he didn't have that usual, serious face of his. It was more relaxed. Okay, so no one could really tell the difference, but at least you could see the slight change.

"I found a really interesting book today, it's all about..."

That was how your day would start, really it was nothing but chatter, but somehow that green eyed Espada would sit through it all. On this rare occasion though, he spaced out, and you noticed it. You stopped talking for a while, silently looking at his face...

You always thought those marks on his face looked unique, for it made him look like he was crying. But it also showed the melancholic effect it had; you tilt your head a bit, trying to get a good look on his face.

"Hey, Ulquiorra, why do you think, you were made?"

He snaps back to reality, and he has heard your question. He looks thoughtful for a while, once opening his mouth but shut it again, and then finally,

"To follow whatever Aizen-sama wishes."

That kind of answers made you depressed, for someone to be under your father’s control was overwhelming, for someone to be so loyal was a lot more than that.

You blink your eyes at him, frowning for a bit. He shifts, for he had never seen you frown, you always had a smile on your face, and so he was accustomed to that smile.

"Well, I think..."

Your smile returns once again,

"You were made to smile!"

Ulquiorra blinks, confused by your answer, just a while ago the atmosphere was quite serious, but your answer had just made it lighter.

"Smile...?"

You nodded your head with enthusiasm,

"Yeah! Everyone smiles! Like Nnoitra for instance, and Yammi! They both smile when they get a good fight don't they? So, there's just no reason for you not to smile!"

You smile at him, proving your point, it wasn't like you were getting him to smile, you just believed that everyone smiled. Even the grumpiest person in the world would!

Silence passed, and Ulquiorra, just stays silent. You thought he wouldn't say anything anymore, so you sighed. And continued reading the book you had.

"But,"

You raise your head at him, he looked quite thoughtful...

"Nnoitra and Yammi are idiots..."

You sweatdrop, but you laugh at his statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Smile... I just hope, when you smile, it would be for me...'

You bring a hand up to your heart, why was it beating so fast? You sucked in an amount of air, and breathed out, trying to slow it down. Not working...

"Ai? Ai!"

You snap your head up, Tousen was calling you, and you thought he had quite a worried expression on. Ulquiorra, Gin, and everyone else in the room turn to look at you.

"What?"

You hear your father sigh and shake his head,

"Dear, have you gotten enough sleep these past few days? I think you're spending too much time in the library..."

He had said some more things, but it didn't register in your mind anymore. A rare frown forms on your lips, as you absent mindedly listen.

"... You really think its okay, Ai?"

"Huh? Oh, Yeah, Yeah! It's fine!"

You instantly perk up, smiling a forced one. This time, you hear Gin laugh and see Tousen bury his head in his hand.

"Ya father asked ya if it was okay for ya ta get sick, Ai-chan. Unfortunately, I think ya father was a bit late on figuring that one out, ya feeling okay, Ai-chan?"

Your smile falters, but there was still a slight smile on your lips.

"Yes, of course... Please excuse me..."

You turn away and start walking away from the group, your smile completely wearing off. Behind you, Tousen and Gin exchange looks, your father worriedly stares at your back and Inoue curiously looks at you.

Next to Inoue, Ulquiorra refrains himself from walking up to you, and asking what the matter was. For he had seen the rare frown on your face, and somehow, he had felt a slight tug on his heart.

___________________________________________________________________

For the first time in months, you were sitting on your room, alone. It was silent, too silent that it hurts your ears. The similar frown paints your face, and you couldn't seem to erase it.

You rest your arms on the table, and rest your head over your arms. Your eyes droop, and in an instant, your dreams overtook you.

But as soon as you entered dreamland, it was like you were awakened again.

You sat up, and stretched, rubbing your eyes out of its sleep.

You could feel that it was night now, the real night, that is, in Hueco Mundo.

But then you didn't feel sleepy, and you decided to do, the most meaningful thing in you list, go to the library.

A one hour walk, that's how long it really was from your room and the library. But this time it seemed time went down the pits of Las Noches, burying it in its enormousness.

You pushed the familiar doors open, and sighed when you smelled the familiar scent of new and old books combined. As your usual visit in the library, you started walking down the shelves of books, finding something of interest. Your eyes stopped on a familiar book, indeed, it was your favourite one, but how could it be here? You knew you gave it to him to read...

You lift a hand, and take it from the shelves. If possible, your frown deepens, for the book has been stabbed, and some of the pages were in disarray.

You sighed,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, you should read this, bring this with you in the human world. You know, you might get bored with the enemy, and if you do, you could read this!"

You hand the book to Ulquiorra; he hesitates, but takes it at the end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry."

You spin around, and find no other than the green eyed Espada, standing there with his hands on his hakama's pockets. You smile lightly,

"It's okay, I'm finished with it anyway."

Ulquiorra keeps his head down, but his eyes travel up to you, who was looking at the book quite solemnly. You put the book back to where it was,

"It saved me the trouble of going to the medical sections though..."

You nod your head; you were a bit happy it was of use. But really, you wouldn't get cranky for that kind of thing only, would you? It's a book that can be replaced, the thing that was bothering you was,

"Is Orihime, okay?"

Both of you stayed at the same spot, you facing the shelves, and him looking at you from the side. You lift a hand and browse through the selection of books, acting as if everything was normal.

"Who? Oh, that girl. She wasn't much of a trouble... The question is,"

You continue your act of looking at the books, even picking one out and randomly flipping its pages.

"Are YOU okay?"

A shiver ran up your spine, and one thing crosses your mind, how does he know?

"I... Yes, I'm fine."

You hear him sigh, and you thought it was out of irritation.

"You do realize that you were frowning when you said that?"

You slightly froze, bringing a hand up to your slightly agape mouth, thinking of what to say,

"Why? Isn't frowning well once in a while? It reminds us that we're just humans who have feelings, Ulqui-!"

As you were turning to face him, you were shocked to be face to face with his chest, and before you could think of anything. He had his hand on the back of your head, and an arm around your waist.

He lightly pushes your head closer to his chest, so close that you would love to stay that way forever.

"No, you stubborn girl. It isn't good for you, because..."

You feel him lower his head and whisper on your ear,

"You were made to smile, remember?"

Your heart jumps, half in joy, and half in surprise that he remembers. You smile, a very big and genuine one, and you hug him back tightly.

"Hai, I remember... I missed you, Ulquiorra..."

Unknown to you, because your head was on his chest, he too, was smiling. Only, it was a small, barely noticeable one, but then again, it's still a smile...

"Yeah, I did too..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I again, do not own Bleach. Sorry if it was a bit Out Of Character, but come on, we like it once in a while. Thanks for reading! ^_^