Ukitake Juushirou - oneshots

Rain in Summer

"Arghh!!! I swear it wasn't this hot last summer!"

The sun blazes strongly as you wipe the trickling sweat on your cheek. You sigh, and stand straight to see your captain on the roof as usual, a bottle of sake on his side.

Your lieutenant was down below him, standing on her two feet, watching you train.

"Yes, the sun wasn't this romantic. Don't you think, Nanao-chan?"

You are unable to look up at your captain to glare at him; the sun was just too bright.

"Nanao-fukutaichou, don't mind him, the sun isn't even romantic."

The said lieutenant just sighs, shaking her head.

"Aw... Don't be like that, Tsuki-chan. Won't you and Nanao-chan join me up here?"

You exchange glances with Nanao, and both of you sigh. You shake your head, walking away from the two superiors, and waving a hand to Nanao. You ignore the cries of your taichou to join him, why the heck would you join him on the roof on such a hellish hot day?

"Visiting someone?"

You stopped in your tracks for a while, feeling the flush on your cheeks. You huff when you hear your taichou laugh, and continue on your way.

You walked farther away from the division, trying to find a cool place. But it was just virtually impossible, the sun was at its very peak, and since it was noon, it was shining brightly than ever. You walked slowly down the halls, just wandering around. It wasn't that you didn't want to go up on the roof and spend some time with your taichou, it was just you found it envious how he was wearing all those clothing yet he ably sits on the roof under the burning sun.

You laugh under your breath, being lazy must have some kind of side effect.

Suddenly, a pair of arms circles around your neck, almost causing the two of you to fall. You turn your head halfway and instantly see the unmistakable white hair. You gasp, and bring your hands up to the arms, quickly removing them from your neck.

"Ukitake! I'm all sweaty I can't believe you just did that!"

You turn and furrow your brows at the smiling captain, it isn't good for him to be walking around on a day like this, but then again, being cooped up in a room isn't healthy too.

"But I haven't seen you for a long time, Tsuki-san!"

You tilt your head a bit, smiling at the man. Ukitake Juushirou was your taichou's best friend; it sometimes made you wonder how they became acquainted with each other with such different personalities. Ukitake and you had been introduced to each other since you became 3rd seat of Shunsui's, it was also Shunsui who had introduced him to you.

You didn't know what it was, but when you first saw him, your heart skipped a beat and the hairs on your body stood. You and him had been very good friends since then, despite the age gap.

"Sou ka... Shunsui-taichou... I mean, Nanao-fukutaichou insist that I train more. So that's what I've been doing these days. Besides, do Kiyone and Sentarou know that you're running around on a day like this?"

Ukitake laughs, afterwards places a finger on his lips.

"Not too loud now, they might be lurking somewhere."

You smile, you couldn't blame him, and it was boring by yourself in the room. But on a day like this you would prefer the warmth of the room than the dampness of sweat outside.

You randomly sighed and crossed your arms, Ukitake looks at you curiously, but still with that sweet smile of his.

"I want some shaved ice..."

You hopefully look up at the man, and the said man laughs, taking your hand in his and dragging you out of the Court of Pure Souls, into Rukongai, which was pretty far.

Ukitake steps up on a stall, and smiles at the man running it,

"Strawberry and Lemon please!"

At least half of the souls in there were looking at the two of you; it was rare for a captain level shinigami to walk the streets of Rukongai.

"Right away, sir! Are the two of you doing good?"

You blush, hiding behind Ukitake while he just laughs.

"Yes, Tsuki-chan here just gets prettier everyday doesn't she?"

Tsuki-chan, you wondered why he always uses that name around others, but never when it was just you and him. And what's the deal with getting prettier? He never said that, AT ALL.

The man laughs, and hands Ukitake your shaved ice. Ukitake thanks the man, and turns to you.

"Strawberry right?"

He hands it to you, and you grasp the cup gently with your hands. He always knew what you wanted; it made you wonder if he was some kind of stalker. But then again, you and he had been friends for a long time.

"It feels so good!"

You swoon as you feel the ice melting in your mouth. Ukitake lightly smiles at you, and eats some of his own. You blink, watching him eat, your eyes widening in surprise,

"Waaaahhh!!!! I totally forgot its bad for you to eat something too cold!!!!!"

You reach out to grab the cup from him, but he steps away with a mischievous smile.

"It's just once in a while, Tsuki-chan, besides,"

You gulp when he lowers his head, wiping the now melting pinch of ice on your cheek with his thumb.

"It's rare that we share moments like this together."

You bite your lip with a blush, a gesture you make when you're embarrassed Ukitake straightens up, and laughs when he sees your expression.

"No need to be embarrassed. Let's go."

You didn't notice where you were going; you were preoccupied by your yummy treat. But as soon as you were feeling tired, and when you were about to ask where you were going, your eye twitches when you hear a very familiar voice,

"Aw, Tsuki-chan, you eat shaved ice with Juushirou here but you don't drink sake with me?"

You instinctively grasp the cup tighter, and with a blush, look up to your captain who was smiling a big one. Nanao-fukutaichou was looking elsewhere but you saw the slightly amused smile on her face.

Ukitake laughs, he seemed to do that a lot these days, you noticed.

"Don't be offended Kyorakou, it's just that Tsuki-chan likes me more, ne?"

Ukitake looks down at you. You avert your eyes before giving them an annoyed but cute face,

"Mou! You two really like to tease me, don't you?!"

You huff, and turn around, continuing to eat your cup of shaved ice while they laughed.

They both conversed for quite a while, they really were a great pair of friends, and they could have talked about anything or nothing at all the whole day. Until someone grabbed your hand and swirled you around, dragging you once again to wherever. You looked back, and saw your captain smiling at you, waving. You raised an eyebrow at him; he was always so weird...

"Ukitake, don't you think you should get some rest now? It's pretty hot-"

You stopped when you felt a drop of liquid fall on your nose, startling you a bit. You looked up, the sun was still shining, but it was now raining lightly.

The rain starts as drops, and slowly becomes a shower. It was so hot a day that the rain felt so good, you just stood there, looking up. Your eyes widened when you remember the sickly man you are with and look at his back.

"Ukitake! You're going to have a fit of coughs tomorrow!"

The man turns to you and once again, laughs. But there was a somewhat solemn look on his face as he approached you. You look at him with worry. But all worry was washed away with the rain when he hugs you close.

Your first reaction was to be tense, but you realized your head was pressed on his chest, and you could hear his heart beating. You sighed, feeling his arms around you and the rain falling down on a hot day was such a great combination. But you were worried for his health; you look up at him a bit saying,

"Ukitake, if you get sick tomorrow I swear I'll be punished by your 3rd seats!"

He looks down at you with a gentle smile, lifting an arm to put a hand on your cheek.

"I told you, right? It's just once in a while, besides,"

You bit your lip once again as he lowers his head just an inch above yours,

"It's rare to rain in summer."

His lips catch yours in a gentle but sweet kiss; you shyly put a hand on his chest, deepening it. The rain was falling down the two of you, and the sun was also shining brightly. It felt so perfect, just living that moment. You pulled back with a blush, ending the connection. Ukitake looks at you once more with a smile, placing a light kiss on your cheek before releasing you from his embrace.

You look at the sky; there was a rainbow, though it wasn't very visible, you could see it over the horizon.

"Gwahhh!!!! Ukitake-taichou! Tsuki-san!"

You both look back to see Ukitake's third seats, with an oversized umbrella over their heads, and another in their hands. You laugh slightly, and then walked over to Ukitake, taking his hand in yours and walking over to the two worried "parents".

When the two of you got to the safety of roofs, you release Ukitake's hand and Kiyone and Sentarou were all over their captain trying to dry him or something. You laugh at the sight, and decided this would be the right time to exit.

"Ukitake, I'll be on my way now."

For the first time in the day Ukitake frowns,

"So soon? Well, then, I'll see you tomorrow."

Both Sentarou and Kiyone stops bickering when they feel their captain move, towards you, and both their eyes widen when they see their taichou give you a light kiss on the forehead. You smile at him, and turn away, walking back to your division.

And when tomorrow came....

"ARGHHHH!!!! I can't believe it, Ukitake Juushirou! Why is it that I have a cold and you don't?!"

Ukitake just looks at you with a sheepish smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Bleach. Another story I was unsure of, I haven't got a lot of background about Ukitake, but at least I got it finished. Thank you for reading ^_^.