Status: Updates will be slow because I have no internet. But I have pre-written chapters so each chance I get, I shall update!

Your Revolution Is a Joke

Dancing Dead

Matt roars down his microphone, the guitars, bass and drums thundering in as he throws himself from the speaker, his head flailing forward. Brian spins on his heels, his infamous smirk driving the crowd... No where. He cocks a brow, shooting Matt a look before the singer shrugs. Despite the lack of enthusiasm from the crowd, Matt sings his heart out, Brian and Zacky shredding their guitars down to the wires while Jimmy and Johnny keep the rhythm steady and strong.

“Make some fucking noise!” Matt demands, the solo ringing through the speakers. But nothing happens. No wild scream. No frantic cheer. Not even a single raised fist. It almost breaks his heart, but the corner of his eyes draws his attention.

Jason Berry stumbles on to the stage, his body swaying with his every step. They aim to keep the song strong, but Johnny's bass line wavers as Jason turns to him, blackness coating his eyes. Jason snarls, drool breaking from his canine and dribbling down his bottom lip. Johnny swallows, shooting Brian desperate and confused eyes. “Jason!” Johnny hisses, trying to dodge the tech as he lunges forward, missing the bassist by inches and tripping over his lead. “What the fuck are you doing?”

Growling, Jason swipes at Johnny's legs, his entire mind lost. They knew he wasn't feeling well, but what the fuck is going on?

Suddenly he's thrown to the ground, the song coming to a complete stop. Johnny flails his legs, kicking at his friend, trying to pry his ankle free. Brian steps in, dragging Jason away to the edge of the stage. “Get a hold of yourself!” He demands, only to be swiped at. Jason snarls, his teeth bared. He lunges forward again, his nails tearing through the hole in Brian's jeans a slicing through his knee. Brian hisses, jerking back and knocking into Zacky.

Matt looks over the crowd, his eyes going wide as the barrier breaks, their expression matching Jason's. He jerks backwards, stepping on Jason's hand. He looks down, kicking the tech's head aside as panic strikes him.

Their fans march forward, snarling and gargling as they climb over one another to reach the stage. Johnny shakes Matt's shoulder, Jimmy working feverishly to tear the symbol from his kit, hurling it towards Brian as one of their roadies comes charging from side stage. The metal tears through the roadies flesh, slicing the head clean from the body. “We gotta go!” Matt shrieks, taking Johnny's shoulder and charging toward the side stage.

Brian races after them, Zacky hot on his heels. “Come on!” He cries, pushing Jimmy down the steps before himself, following his band around to the back of their stage.

“Get to the fucking bus!” Matt roars, taking the lead and flying across the gravel path toward the buses.

Screams echo across the venue, fans running and crying as other concert goers begin to rip apart their flesh. Zacky freezes in the chaos, his finger ripping out his hair as he watches one girl pleading with him, her hands reaching for him. But he doesn't move. He can't. Not until Johnny forces him to. “Keep moving, Zee!” He demands, pushing his friend again. Johnny takes the girls hand, jerking her away from someone as they try to sink their teeth into her flesh. She cries, silently thanking him as he pushes her forward, swinging his bass around like a mighty weapon and stopping the guy dead in his tracks.

Matt weaves through the panicked, flailing limbs, his athletics from middle school finally coming into play. He leaps over a fallen boy, his flesh being torn apart by someone. Charging, Matt's legs carrying him as fast as possible across the gravel path, he bee-lining straight for their bus.

Brian dodges one hand, only to be caught by another. As he spins on the balls of his feet, his nose is missed by inches from a pair of decaying teeth. Zacky tears his guitar over his shoulder, swinging it with such force and connecting with the ass-hole trying to bite his friend. He pushes Brian a head of him, allowing Johnny and the girl to go before him.

Forcing the door to the bus open, Matt's breathing halts, his ears meeting the silence. His heart stops, his steps slow as he makes his way inside. “Val?” He whispers, a slight rattle coming from the back of the bus. “Val?” He calls again, slightly louder.

Jimmy and Brian charge into the bus, their eyes scanning every inch with such precision.

“River?” Matt calls, his heart swelling as his son peaks his head out from underneath Johnny's bunk. The rattles turn to bangs and River cowers back under the bunk instantly, Matt's heart sinking. No.

Zacky leaps through the door, dragging the young girl in behind him, Johnny falling to the floor, the steps sinking into his ribs. Slamming the door, Zacky whirls around, his brows furrowing at the thick silence. His mouth opens, but Brian waves his hand, silencing his list of questions.

Hovering his hand over the bathroom door, Matt feels his chest grow tight, his eyes welling with tears. Why Val? He throws the door open, holding his wife at bay as her jaw snaps, her entire weight falling into Matt's failing arms. This isn't Valary. This isn't the woman he loves and married. The festering wound on her neck breaks Matt's heart, he shoving her firmly back into the bathroom and kicking the door shut. He slides to the floor, tears falling from his eyes as he buries his head in his hands.

Brian leans down by Johnny's bunk, his face calm as he meets River's panicked eyes. “Uncle Brian?” River asks, his voice low, trembling.

“Yeah?” Brian wonders, his heart breaking for the poor boy.

“I couldn't keep mommy safe,” he frowns, wriggling his way out. “But Aunty Michelle is fine. I promise.” Brian's heart swells, but he can't help the guilty feeling he gets as he looks down to his brother-in-law, his nephew throwing his arms around Matt's neck for comfort.

Michelle huffs, dragging herself from under Johnny's bunk, her eyes welling with tears at the sight of Brian, Matt and River. She throws her arms around Brian's neck, holding on to him for dear life. “I was so worried!” She breaths, leaning back slightly to see Brian was truthfully unharmed. “Is Valary okay?” She questions, hope filling her heart. “When she tried to bite River, I didn't know what to do! I shoved her in the bathroom and-”

Silencing her, Brian takes her hand and hauls her to the front of the bus, facing her towards the open curtains. Michelle gasps, throwing her hands over her mouth. “What the fuck's going on?”

The girl suddenly whirls around, her wavy, black hair sticking to the sweat on her face. “We have to get out of here!” She wails, following Jimmy to the front of the bus as he drops into the drivers seat. He revs the engine to life, shifting the bus into gear before allowing it to roll out of park.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm back! I don't have the internet sadly, but when I can use it, I will update! I have a few chapters pre-written and I'm currently working on quite a few pieces but this one I'm extremely excited about! If I get the chance, I'll put up another chapter before I have to leave the precious internet.

Just to clear things up, anything in italic is a thought. (Obvious, but just in case it's confusing)