Status: I will no longer be updating this on wattpad, but i will be on here.:)

Take This Cali Sunset

chapter 1

It was Alan's first day at his new high school and he was dreading it. He missed his friends back in San Jose, and he could just tell these L.A. Kids were going to be stuck up, high maintenance, ass holes. He internally groaned at the effort he was going to have to make if he wanted to have friends here. He didn't mind being alone, he enjoyed it actually, but everybody needs a friend. Alan looked over his schedule finding what class he had to attend first. History, Arsenault, j-5. Alan hated history; actually he hated school, but especially history. He didn't understand the point in learning about things that happened previously that didn't affect him, and never would. Alan also hated politics, which would obviously be discussed, considering that most history revolved around old white men making decisions about others people's lives, telling people what they could and couldn't do. He hated that, and it made him angry and frustrated to think about it, which is why he hated having to learn about it. Alan was walking and thinking about all of these things running through his head so intently, that he didn't realize someone was walking in front of him, and he ran smack dab into that person’s long, lean figure.
"Shit, I'm so sorry." Alan blurted, blushing with embarrassment.
"Oh no man, it’s cool. It was my fault, I should've watched where I was going." The person was lying, he knew that this was the short little read heads fault, but he could tell that this kid felt really bad and was extremely nervous. "First day?" The taller boy asked, bending down to pick up the things he had dropped when Alan ran into him.
Alan cleared his throat and sighed "yeah”, bending down to help him.
"It'll get easier here, I promise, especially for someone as cute as you." He said playfully with crooked smile. He stood back up with his things in hand. Alan stifled a nervous laugh and placed his books in the tall kids hands. "I’m Austin by the way."
Alan smiled and introduced himself. "I’m Alan. I just moved here from San José with my parents."
"San Joses really cool man. Well hey, I've got to get to class, but you should totally go grab lunch with me, I normally eat alone, but you look like you could use a friend, and it'd be nice to have some company."
Alan nodded giddily, trying to hide his excitement. He was dreading lunch, but now he had someone to eat with and going off campus would be great. Austin said to meet him by his car, and told him where he parked. They smiled and awkwardly waved at each other before parting ways and heading to their classes. Alan felt a little better about having to endure an Hour and 15 minutes listening to complete and utter bullshit flow from an old pricks mouth. Alan sighed and took a seat in the classroom. He was proud of himself for making friends with someone so early in the day. He smiled and took the opportunity to catch up on the sleep his nervous mind wouldn't allow him last night. He finally fell passed out, his face buried in the hoody bundled up on his desk.
Alan awoke, startled by the loud ringing coming from the bell signaling that class was over. "Thank god." Alan thought to himself. He looked at his schedule finding what class he had next. Music, Hensley, b-6. "Fuck yeah!" Alan silently yelled. Alan loved music more than anything. They had a shitty music program back in San Jose, but this school was notorious for having awesome funding for the fine arts programs. Alan also noticed that he had lunch that block too. "Austin." He remembered, smiling to himself, thinking about the sweet boy he had met earlier. Alan wasn't gay, but he also wasn't straight. He was bi-sexual you could say, although he sort of preferred boys over girls. He had had both boyfriends and girlfriends back at his old school, but he felt more comfortable with guys. Alan thought Austin was very attractive and he had called Alan cute, although it was only playful, but a boy could dream right? Alan decided that he was just going to let his relationship with Austin go where ever the universe decided to take it. Alan laughed at himself, his thoughts were resembling a shitty lifetime movie. He was reading too much into Austin, they literally met an hour ago. Alan finally made it to the band room and stepped in the doorway. He looked around, trying to find a place to sit. Then he noticed that familiar smile and butterflies fluttered in his stomach. Why was he feeling like this? They just met. After thinking for a minute, Alan decided it was perfectly normal to have a tiny, no, microscopic crush on this kid. After all, he did show Alan unnecessary kindness and he was pretty hot. Alan made his way across the classroom and sat in the seat next to Austin. "Hey Austin." He said calmly. "Oh! Hey Alan! I wasn't expecting to have a class with you, this is awesome!" He said smiling.
"Looks like we can just walk to your car together for lunch, which is good for me because I'd probably get lost." Alan said very seriously. Austin laughed at Alan's serious expression.
"Where do you want to go for lunch?" Austin asked.
"Hmmmm.." Alan said thinking for a moment. "How about...in-n-out, then fro yo? My treat."
"Sounds great, its a date." Replied Austin.
Alan hid his blush at the use of the term 'date'.
Alan and Austin were on their way out of the school and heading to Austin's car. They finally stopped at a 1989 red, convertible mustang, with the top rolled down.
"Cool car." Alan stated.
"Thanks, I bought it and fixed her up myself. She's got a few kinks, but she gets me where I need to go." Austin opened the door for Alan and motioned for him to get in. Austin walked around to the drivers side and climbed in, turning the key in the ignition. He reached across Alan's lap and opened the console, pulling out two packs of cigarettes.
"Reds or menthols?" Austin asked, holding the two packs in his hand, moving them up and down in the air in a questioning motion.
"Menthols." Alan stated, grabbing the cigarette from Austin's hand and pressing it to his lips.
He pulled his lighter from his pocket and wiggled his finger for Austin to come closer. He lit the cancer stick pressed between Austin's lips for him, and watched as he took a drag and exhaled the cloud of pretty smoke. He was fucking hot. Alan lit his own cigarette and starting flipping through Austin's cd collection. They were pulling out of the parking lot when Snyder Street by The Story So Far, started blaring. "I love this song!" Alan said excitedly. He began singing along to the lyrics and nodding his head in between taking drags of his cigarette. He didn't notice Austin's eyes on him until they were at a red light. Austin was giggling at Alan like a little girl. He thought Alan was precious; they way he just let go when he heard music. He was jealous of how relaxed and care free Alan seemed, he just let go when he heard music. That was something Austin could never do, ‘just let go’, at least not with other people around. But something was different about Alan, he felt comfortable with him even though they had just met..
"What?" Alan asked shyly, looking around him as if someone were going to pop out and scare him at any moment.
. "I just like the way you get lost in the music, that's all." Austin said with a curious expression. He was curious to know more about the small boy that he had for some reason taken under his wing. Alan was intruiging and Austin wasn’t exactly sure why, maybe it was the hair?.
Alan grinned and took another drag and went back to what he was doing before, losing himself in the music, nodding his head and tapping on the dashboard with his free hand.
They arrived at in-n-out and pulled into the drive through a few minutes later, it wasn’t far from their school and, to Alan’s surprise, wasn’t slam full with starving teenagers Austin rolled up to the window and ordered for himself and then let Alan have a turn They both ended up getting the same thing and began eating like they hadn't had food in months, moaning at every bite they took. They finished by the time they got to fro-yo and decided they had time to sit inside and eat. They had really long lunches at this school, or at least they were a lot longer than the ones at Alan's old school. Austin opened the door for Alan, just out of habit because he was raised to open doors and pull out chairs for company and dates, in this situation it was a possible crush. They walked to the doors together and Austin of course opened it, allowing Alan to enter first. Ala thought all these gestures were very sweet and gentlemanly of Austin. He’d never had a guy he (maybe) had a crush on act so polite, honestly he didn’t think anyone now a days was this polite. No one he knew anyway, which in all, wasn’t that many people.
Alan got him and Austin two cups for their yogurt. Alan got his usual, strawberry yogurt with cupcake on top, along with sprinkles and a small squirt of whipped cream. He wasn’t sure what all Austin got, but it looked like a rainbow exploded in his cup. Alan made a face at it, followed by a “what I like them all.” From Austin. Alan rolled his eyes and giggled as he made his way to the register to pay.
Alan finished paying and they began searching for a table. They decided on one that was taller than all the others with lime green swivel chairs, because come on, who doesn’t like swivel chairs?
"So tell me about yourself Alan." Austin asked, moving his hips to make his chair spin just a little. He leaned in towards Alan, resting his elbows on the table and looking him in the eye like he was the most interesting person in the entire world. It made Alan a little uncomfortable actually, but he also felt very important too. No one had ever truly taken an interest in him up until now and he kind of liked it. He had a strange feeling in his gut too, but that was probably from Austin’s chocolate eyes locking intently on his own hazel ones.
"uhh…” Alan said dumbly, at a loss for words. He wanted to say something cool so Austin would think he was interesting, but he really wasn’t. He mainly stayed at home and kept to his self. He hadn’t been to a proper party since he was fifteen, before things got bad for him. Alan hated thinking about those times, how alone and sa- He was snapped back to reality by Austin waving his hand in his face.
“Hello? Earth to Alan?”
“sorry, where was i? Oh well I like to play guitar and I write some music, but I’m not that great.”
"I love guitar!", Austin interrupted.
“I’m sixteen, ill be seventeen in a few months…I really don’t know what else to say.” Alan actually a lot more about himself that he could share but he had just met Austin and no one cares to hear a sob story. Austin wouldn’t have minded though, he was captivated by Alan, he could tell there was a lot more to him but he didn’t push. He had walls built up and Austin respected them.
“So Alan, have any significant others back in San Jose?” Austin was really trying to find out if Alan was gay or not without being blunt. He was ‘beating around the bush’ per say?
“Oh no, haven’t had one of those in while. What about yourself?”
“Nah, I haven’t had a boyfriend in a year. I just haven’t really found anyone of my liking.”
“You’re gay?” Alan said a little excitedly. Now he might actually have a chance with Austin. “I guess you could consider me bi, although I prefer boys.”
“You sound a little excited about me being gay Alan.” Austin replied with a smirk, taking a bite of his yogurt.
“wha, what, no. No I’m not!” Alan stammered nervously, his face flushing pink.
“It’s okay Alan,” Austin leaned closer, “I know you think I’m cute.” He whispered the last part in Alan’s’ ear, giggling as he pulled away.
Alan didn’t know what to say, so he just ate his yogurt, never meeting Austin’s gaze. Once they were finished they threw their things away and walked back out to the parking lot to head back to school. Austin opened Alan’s door, Alan smiled awkwardly and they were on their way.
They were a few minutes from the school parking lot when Autin turned his attention from the road to Alan. “What do you say we just skip school and go to my house and watch a movie?”
“Will we get caught?”
“I don’t know, maybe.” Astin replied , flashing a devilish grin.
“Fuck it, lets go.”
Austin and Alan pulled into Austin's driveway a few minutes after ditching school. Austin lived in the same neighborhood as Alan, just on a different street. It was still within walking distance though. Austin hurried to the side of the car to open the door for Alan. He opened it and Alan stepped out, Austin grabbed his hand, making him blush again. They walked into the house together and Alan took in his surroundings. Huge kitchen with nice counter tops, living room with a couch, a love seat, and a flat screen, a hallway leading to the rest of the downstairs, and stairs leading up to the second floor. It was similar to his own house actually. Alan was still looking around when he realized that Austin had let go of his hand as was sitting in front of the TV searching through a stack of DVDs.
"What do you want to watch?" Austin asked.
"Uhm, can we watch a horror?" . Alan loved horror movies and was hoping that maybe he could use a scary part as an excuse to cuddle Austin. Alan smiled at the thought. He really liked Austin.
Austin started listing off all the scary movies he owned," a haunting in Connecticut, The ring, the ring two, Freddy crooger, the grudge."
Alan had seen all of them but the grudge so he said that one. Austin put it in and sat in the love seat and Alan sat on the couch. About fifteen minutes into the movie Alan ran and jumped into the love seat with Austin because he was just that terrified. "HOLY FUCK." Alan said burying his face into Austin's side and clutching him for dear life. Austin giggled and held alan back.
"You want to watch something else?".
Alan's face was as deep into Austin's side as it could possibly get, muffling his words. "Yeah." He said.
Austin got up and looked through his stack of movies, trying to find Something that might calm alan down. He decided on Elf and sat back down in Alan's lap laughing. "Don't you think you're a little big to sit in my lap Austin?"Alan said with smile
"Yeah, but I'm not too big to be cuddled." Austin scooted alan over making room for himself and leaned into Alan’s side. Alan did the same and rested his head in the crook of Austin’s neck breathing in is scent. He smelled clean with a mix of cinnamon. Alan felt so at ease right now, he was never this comfortable, epically with knew people. Something about Austin was just really inviting and homey. Alan liked it a lot. He smiled a genuine smile for the first time in a long time.
They watched the rest of the movie like this until Alan turned his head and kissed Austin softly on the lips. He wasn’t exactly sure why he did it but he didn’t regret it one bit. It was a short kiss, simple and friendly even. Austin stared back with wide eyes, Alan never looked away. He was waiting for Austin to say something.
Austin leaned closer into Alan so their noses were almost touching. “Can I kiss you again?” he asked almost inaudibly. Alan nodded slightly and Austin sealed the gap between their mouths. Alan’s full lips were soft and warm against Austin’s own. They began to move in sync with each others. Austin placed a hand on Alan’s cheek and Alan parted his lips a little. Austin licked Alan’s bottom lip and Alan parted his lips even more allowing Austin entrance. Austin’s tongue found Alan’s immediately and they moved them together, sending tingles up their spines. Alan’s hand was now in Austin’s hair, running his fingers through it and pulling gently. Alan moaned without meaning to and Austin smiled into their kiss. He placed his hand on the back of Alan’s head to deepen it. Finally they were both out if air and pulled away, panting a little. Alan bit his swollen lip and turned to face the screen again. Austin was smiling dopily and pulled Alan closer to him, nuzzling his shoulder with his face.
The credits on the third movie Austin and Alan watched started rolling and Alan thought that he better check what time it was. "Oh shit, its five thirty. I need to get home I'm like two hours late." Alan got up to get his stuff and Austin offered him a ride home. "Thanks aus." He said kissing him on the cheek, lingering near his ear for a moment too long. Austin grabbed his keys from the bowl on his counter and opened the door for Alan. They got into the car and Alan guided Austin to his house.
They were sitting in Alan's drive way when Austin started talking. "So I was uhm wondering, would you maybe, I don't know, like to go on a date with me this Friday?" Austin asked nervously, looking everywhere but into Alan's eyes.
"No." Alan said smiling. He wanted to mess with Austin. He looked a little hurt and alan couldn't keep the facade up for too long. "I would love to."
Austin let out a breath and grinned. He gave Alan a chaste kiss on the lips and just looked at him for a minute. Alan coughed out of discomfort and Austin felt embarrassed. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. "Put your number in here." He handed alan the phone. Alan put in his number and made his contact name alley cat with a bunch of kissy cat face emojis around it. He handed the phone back to Austin who looked at it. He giggled. "Cute."
"I know you are but what am I." Alan said with a teasing tone. Austin laughed at his childishness and leaned in to hug him. "I'll see you tomorrow alan." Alan kissed Austin quickly and exited the car, waving a little as Austin pulled away.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are wonderful:)