Status: A work in progress. Updates may be slow due to school.

Tied

Words and Dreams

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian Shore!
Quoth the raven, nevermore...

***
Groaning, I woke up, lazily shutting off my phone alarm. I sat up in bed and ran my red fingernails through my bed-messed hair. Muttering a good morning to my stupid cat, Dingo, I padded into the bathroom. Unfortunately, my little sister was already there.
"Cici." I grumbled. "Move over. It's my turn in the bathroom."
She pouted through a mouthful of toothpaste.
"Nuh uh! You always get the bathroom first! I'm brushing my teeth!" She smiled a blue goopy-tooth smile to prove her point. Stupid bubble mint kids toothpaste. So gross.
I turned and padded back into my bedroom, deciding to get dressed while Cici usurped the bathroom space. I picked out a simple monday morning outfit and stood in front of the mirror. I changed into my skinny jeans and pull off my sleep tanktop, glancing at the white scar on my belly. Something caught my eye as I started to pull on my teeshirt. I stopped suddenly and looked in the mirror again. Words... Words were written in a thin line along my hipbone.
I turned to the side and took a closer look.
"Quoth the raven, nevermore..." My jaw dropped and I pulled my teeshirt on.
"Cecilia!!!" I yelled. She came flouncing into my room, a little bundle of pink and pigtails.
"Yes Raven?" She questioned innocently.
"What the hell is this?" I demanded, pulling up the side of my shirt to show her the words. She wrinkled her nose.
"Raven, that's not a nice word..." I roll my eyes. "Besides. Why would I write that silly Poe stuff on you?" Another eye roll.
"I don't know. You know I like his writing..." She laughed.
"And I don't. It's scary and weird." She flounced off again to go get ready for school.
I brushed and straightened my hair and put my earrings in. Well, two small gauges, some hoops, and an industrial to be specific. I slipped on a pair of converse and made my way to the bathroom, finally getting my turn.
My teeth felt gross from whatever junk formed on them while I slept. I squeezed some mint toothpaste onto my toothbrush and cleaned my teeth, successfully ridding myself of morning breath.
As I applied my makeup, I couldn't help thinking of those words on my hip. I was pretty certain Cici did it, but how did she know about my dreams...? I couldn't help but feel really creeped out about it.
I grabbed a washcloth and started scrubbing at the words. They wouldn't come off. If anything, they seemed darker than before. It was like some time in the middle of the night, some person came in and tattooed me with a line from "The Raven".
I covered up the words and grabbed my backpack.
"Come on Cici! Time to catch the bus!" I bellow. She pranced by me, giving mom a kiss at the door. She didn't stop prancing until she reached the curb. I moseyed past my mom and she kissed the top of my head, ruffling my hair.
"Have a nice day at school sweetie. Be good. I love you."
"Love you too mom." I secretly rolled my eyes at the part about being good. When does that ever stop me?
I walked down our short driveway to the curb to wait for the bus. The elementary school bus arrives and Cici bounded up the stairs and sat down with her little friends. I had to wait.
I plugged in my headphones and cranked up my music. Finally, the bus made its way down my street. I walked inside and made my way to my seat at the very back of the bus.
As my rock music blared in my ears, I felt my mind drift back to the words on my hip.
"Quoth the raven, nevermore..."
They circled in my mind, and burned into my skin. I couldn't focus on my music. Couldn't concentrate on my book. All I could think about was those four words.
"Quoth the raven, nevermore..."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter. I hopes you like it my lovelies. I shall be co-writing this with my lovely co-author. Watch out for those things laying in wait under your bed, because the monster can hear us.