Status: A work in progress. Updates may be slow due to school.

Tied

Boo

A sudden buzz from my phone jolted me out of my heavy metal revelrie. I looked down at my screen and saw that I had a text from Aurore.
<won't be at school today. sick.>
I frowned. Aurore rarely ever got sick, and she never missed school. I pulled out my earbuds and halted the screams and bass beats that were my music. My fingertips flew over my screen as I tapped out Aurore's number and hit "call." A few nervewracking rings later, she picked up.
"Hello?" She said shakily.
"What's wrong Boo?" I asked. My hip and shoulder started to burn, as if they knew it had something to do with those damn words.
"I-I'm sick..." She said sheepishly. I wasn't convinced.
"Come on, Boo. You never miss school." I looked around to make sure no one was listening and lowered my voice. "Does it have anything to do with the words?"
The line went silent for a moment.
"Yes"
I sighed and whispered. "Did you get new words last night?"
"Yes..." I heard her faintly sobbing on the other end.
"Shh... It's okay Boo. I-I got new words too..." The throbbing pain in my shoulder and hip doubled in intensity and I winced.
"We need to go to that psychic. Are you open after school tomorrow?" She asked slowly.
I nod, even though I knew she couldn't see me.
"Yeah. I'll tell Rhea to meet us there."
"Thanks Raven..." I smile.
"Raven!" The bus driver bellowed. "You had better put that phone away!"
I secretly flipped him off.
"Bite me!" I yelled back.
He looked back at me in the mirror.
"Don't make me write you up!" I rolled my eyes.
"It's a matter of life and death!" I yelled before muttering "let me talk and you live. Take my phone and you die."
Aurore started talking on the other end. "Raven? What's going on?"
I sighen heavily. "Nothing. Just my stupid bus driver."
She laughed slightly. "Well, my mom is calling to check up on me. I'll talk to you after school?"
I smiled. "Sounds good to me."
She hung up and the line went dead. My music flooded into my ears again as I replaced my earbuds and stared out the window.
The rest of the bus ride passed uneventfully and when we pulled into the parking lot, I made my way up to the door.
The bus driver stopped me, frowning, and handed me a piece of paper; the all-too-familiar pink slip.
I had detention, and it was going to suck monkey balls.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the wait, my lovelies. I had this chapter written up, and then I lost it. I just found it yesterday while cleaning my room. I hope you enjoy, dearies.