Status: A work in progress. Updates may be slow due to school.

Tied

Share

A research lab. My work spread on a table before me. My head spun with equations and figures, but I simply couldn't find it. Gravity was surely a large force, a warp in the fabric of space. Somehow it would surely tie in with the other forces and we would find the fundamental force that they all stemmed from. So far I have found nothing. Nothing to tie them. Nothing to prove my theory. Maybe there was no tie... Maybe my years of research would be for nought...
I woke up suddenly, drawing a deep breath of air. I took a few heavy breaths before regaining control over my lungs. The words on my body stung, as though I had been slapped with hot wires.
I lay there for several minutes, filtering through the confusing thoughts in my head and contemplating my next move.
Then, my stomach growled. I hadn't finished my lunch, and I was starving. My next move would have to be into the kitchen. I stood up and headed down the hallway. My mom had already left to go back to work, so Aurore and I were the only ones still in the house.
I opened the cupboards and pulled out a bag of cheetos. Not the healthiest thing to be eating, but I really didn't care. I glanced over at the wall clock hanging over the refrigerator. It was after 3:00. I really wanted to talk to Aurore, to see if she knew what was going on.
I walked over to her bedroom, cheeto bag still in hand. I heard her phone ringtone through the door, and heard her pick up. I quickly walked through the door in time to hear crying.
Aurore was fine. She was cooing into the receiver, trying to console the girl on the other end. She quickly shooed me out of the room and I rolled my eyes, closing her door behind me and sitting against the wall.
After what seemed like an hour, she opened her door.
"What is it?" She asked, sitting beside me. I bit the inside of my cheek, contemplating what to say and how to say it. Eventually, I just pulled off my shoe. She gave me a funny look, until I pulled up my pants leg and she saw my words. Her eyes opened so wide I thought they'd pop right out of her head. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into her room, closing the door behind us.
She sat on her bed and pulled her shirt up a little, revealing words scrawled across her belly. She then pulled her sleeve up and showed me the words on her arm. I tugged my shirt off over my head and turned to show the words written across my shoulder. She pressed her palm against my arm, then I pulled my shirt back on.
We sat there in silence a moment before Aurore spoke.
"Raven and Rhea have words too. Are... Are you having dreams about a person?" I nodded quickly.
"Albert Einstein, and you?"
"Gentileschi." I looked at her, confused. She rolled her eyes.
"Gentileschi was a painter. I keep having dreams about her, then her words appear on me. We seem to he tied to these people for some reason. Raven is tied to Edgar Allen Poe, and Rhea is tied to Joan of Arc." I nodded. I didn't know what to say. All I knew was that my heart was ten times lighter knowing that I wasn't alone in this.
"We're going to see a psychic after school tomorrow. Would you like to cone with us?"
I smiled.
"Of course. Maybe the old crazy lady can tell us what's going on."
"I'll call Raven and Rhea. Get your phone so we can all talk."
I nodded and went to my room to find my phone. If this psychic could figure us out, that would be one thing I wouldn't have to hide from everyone. One thing out of many.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my dears! It seems like my lovely co-author and I have a lot of time on our hands. I hope you are enjoying the new chapters!