Status: A work in progress. Updates may be slow due to school.

Tied

Pokemon and Mushroom Clouds

I do not believe that civilization will be wiped out in a war fought by the atomic bomb. Perhaps two-thirds of the people of the earth will be killed.
***
I woke up sweating and feverish, not a very pleasant experience, but only to be expected from my dream. That atomic bomb stuff had always freaked me out, and now I start dreaming about it, from the perspective of one of its creators...

I sat up and stretched lazily, checking the time on my watch. 6:37. Well, it was about time for me to get up for school anyway. I ran my hand through my scruffy blond hair and stood up, stretching again. I could hear my twin sister, Aurore, scurrying around the house already. Yes, a twin sister. Sharing birthdays gets annoying when she's into that supernatural crap and I'm into pokemon. Let's just say our birthday cake, also shared, usually looks rather stupid.

I grabbed a pair of jeans and a teeshirt and slipped them on. I also grabbed a red pokemon belt and threaded it through the belt loops, cinching it around my waist. Quickly running a comb through my short hair, I headed into the kitchen to get breakfast.

Aurore was already there, bustling around and preparing her breakfast and a packed lunch. I yawned, alerting her of my presence.

"Good morning Zhenia!" She said cheerily. "Ready for school?"

I grumbled in response. It was a Monday morning. What does she expect? Sprinkles and confetti canons?

I grabbed a muffin and took a big bite, dropping lemon poppyseed crumbs on the linoleum. Aurore finished up in the kitchen and I noticed the shirt she was wearing.

"Aurore... Why are you wearing a long sleeve shirt? It's only August. You'll be burning up!" Her eyes opened wide and she started to look a little panicked.

"N-no reason. I'm uh. I'm a little chilly." She shivered for emphasis. I shrug and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I grabbed my toothbrush from the bathroom mirror and scrub my teeth. My mom called from the foyer.

"Zhenia! Aurore dear! Time to drive to school!" I spat in the sink and called back.

"Coming Mom!" I grabbed my bookbag and dashed to my bedroom, grabbing a pair of socks and my shoes. I pulled on my socks, and that's when I noticed them. Words.

"Perhaps two-thirds of the people of the earth will be killed." The same words from my dream, written in flowing cursive on my ankle. My eyes opened wide and I quickly pulled my sock up to cover them. My mom would kill me. Not that she doesn't want to already. We all know Aurore is the golden child. She's the "normal" one. I frowned at the thought. Just because I'm attracted to the same sex, my parents have almost written me off. If I didn't make such good grades in math, they probably would have disowned me already. Woop-de-doo.

I swung my bookbag over my shoulder and headed out the door and to the car. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Aurore pulling her sleeve up, inspecting something black on her arm. I stopped. Could she have the same thing happening to her? She noticed me staring and quickly pulled her sleeve back down, scowling.

We hopped into the car and Mom started up the engine. I stared out the window and imagined mushroom clouds, obliterating all of my problems.

"I do not believe that civilization will be wiped out in a war fought by the atomic bomb. Perhaps two-thirds of the people of the earth will be killed. "
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my lovelies! The third chapter is up, so tell us what you think. Just don't be too loud about it, because the monster can hear us...