Status: The Wanted!

Heart Vacancy

Prologue

There was always this one girl who back before James McGuiness’ was part of The Wanted had had eyes for. He’d met her at a party a few months before he’d even heard anything about the possible band being formed, and he’d been able to tell that she was broken soul, but it hadn’t scared him away. If anything it had drew him closer to her. He was intrigued by her. He’d wanted nothing more at the time than to get close to her and try and fix her. Even after she’d called him out on his awkward staring, and told him something he’d never forget.

“You know you look like a stalker right?” He’d heard her ask, only getting a chuckle from him as he watched her dip some punch into her cup and then raise it to her heart shape lips, before their blue eyes connected and he could see the hurt in her eyes more clearly than ever.

“Well I just happened to see something I really liked and couldn’t quite take my eyes off her,” he told her as he raised his own drink to his lips, “I’m Jay by the way.”

He watched her lick over her enticing plump lips, he could tell she was trying to figure out if telling him her name was a good idea, she was probably afraid he was like other guys just going to use her for some silly little teenage game, or maybe she was worried about something entirely different. Either way he could tell she was worried about something; he could see the wheels turning.

He heard her scoff in an almost mocking way before he heard her respond. “someone thinks they have a way with words,” she told him as she flipped some of her dark curls over her shoulder, “look I’ve been down this road before. Come to a party, meet a guy who knows just what to say to make me go all weak in the knees, I tell you my name we have a good time, we see each other again and everything goes well until someone better comes around. I’d really rather not fall for another baby blue eyed curly haired lad okay. Just give up.”

Jay couldn’t help but be shocked at her response, and the fact that he’d been right. She’d been hurt in the past and clearly didn’t want to be hurt again.

“What makes you so sure that I’m like those other baby blue eyed curly haired lads?” He asked her, “I mean how do know that I can’t see right through your little act. How you’re hiding behind that gorgeous smile of yours and you won’t tell me your name because you’re afraid to be hurt again? And on top of that what makes you think I’d hurt you? What if I just thought you were stunning and want to try and fix you?”

Riley was speechless at first, no one ever noticed how broken she really felt. She always tried to hide it. She tried her very best to hide the fact that her heart hurt constantly after how many times it’d been broken. She’d built up her wall so high so people couldn’t break them anymore. She didn’t want anyone to break them down, she was just too afraid to put herself back out there. Because what if love wasn’t for her, she hadn’t found anything that said it was for her. “Well you should be careful,” She started licking over her lips.

“Why?”

“You might cut yourself on my shattered pieces.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is just the prologue and I know it's pretty short but while I was writing it I just kind of got this much and felt like it was complete, like my fingers wouldn't let me type anymore so yea. Anyways Jay and Riley's relationship is going to be a bumpy one, yes Riley I named her after you because idk I just really like your name and thought it fit, I was gonna name her Lydia because I just love that name but she felt like more like a Riley than a Lydia so yea... Anyways I'm partly writing this because I'm totally on a TW/Jay McGuiness high thanks to that concert Friday night, plus I've just wanted to write something about him for a while and the concert gave me the motivation I guess so yea. Hope whoever reads this enjoys it.

Also I do not own the girl I named her after, but I do own the character Riley herself, nor sadly do I own James freaking McGuiness and his angelic voice or any other member of The Wanted that may or may not make an appearance in the story.

Comments, Subscriptions, and Recommendations are appreciated. Love you guys!

-Kendra :)