Sequel: House of Wolves
Status: Updates every Saturday @12 p.m. PST

Season of the Witch

"Yeah, but does she trust herself?"

"Oh, whoa," Peter's brows were up. "What happened to you?"

October rolled her eyes and tightened Isaac's jacket around her. She didn't say anything as she brushed past. Her life, in the past few months, has been going on this downward spiral. Her head was pounding and she felt like she was going to be sick. There was something about being brought to the depot that made her feel uneasy.

"Uh, the restroom is that way," Peter pointed up the stairs.

She nodded and went to the stairs. She quickly removed her heels, feeling that she'll fall over any second. She also ignored the looks Derek gave her when she walked past. October wasn't in the mood for talking. All she wanted to do was sleep her life away. The restroom was dark and cold. She clicked the light on and blinked at how bright it became.

October's face was covered in dried makeup - her mascara dried as tears. She sighed as she grabbed a tissue and wet it. Removing what she could, she tried to prolong her stay in the restroom. But she knew she couldn't escape her problems in this small restroom. She left the restroom, trying to calm her nerves.

October didn’t know why she was so nervous. She was able to tell they were going to ask her questions. But, why did that make her so nervous? She was able to tell Lydia… but that was because the strawberry-blonde was snooping through her stuff. This was because she was being careless.

"What do you mean?" Scott asked.

October was hidden from view, behind a column. She wanted to hear how this was all going to play out. The heels in her hands felt heavy now.

Derek sighed. "I mean, there's something off about her."

"I don't get it," Stiles said. "Does it have to do something with the whole mirror thing? And the lights?"

"What mirror thing?" Isaac chimed in. "What happened?"

Scott sighed heavily. "Well, we were in class and it looked like she was gonna be sick. Then, she gets up out of nowhere and literally runs out of class. I heard her freaking out in the restroom and I come in to see all the mirrors shattered."

"What does she have to do with anything? I trust her. I think we all do," Stiles defended.

"Yeah, but does she trust herself?" Peter sounded deep in thought. "She's something."

October had enough. She stepped out from the column and cleared her throat, dropping her heels. The men turned to look at her. She didn't move anymore. Isaac let out a bitter laugh and shook his head. Stiles walked up to her cautiously. It was as though he was scared of her - even after saying they could trust each other. It was sad really.

"What are you?" Isaac's eyes had glossed over.

"Don't ask a question you don't want an answer to," October turned away.

She couldn't face him. She couldn't face any of them. She wasn't ashamed of what she was. The young woman loved the fact that she was a witch. Though, she did hate having to hide from everyone. But, she continued to lie.

"What the hell are you, Toby?" Isaac grabbed her shoulders roughly, turning her around. "There are times when I think you're a regular human being and then… And then you go and do something happens that makes your scent change. It confuses me. Just please tell us what you are. Is it really that bad to tell me?"

"You're scaring her!" Stiles pulled October from Isaac's grip.

October looked into Isaac's eyes, clearly seeing the pain he felt. Her heart ached at the thought of hurting him. Or any of them for that matter. But she just knew if she told them, they'd never look at her the same. She shook her head. Isaac let out a growl before punching the column near her head - dust and rubble flew into the air. The witch let out a sob and covered her mouth with a hand.

"Please understand," She whispered. "I just can't tell you."

"You don't trust me."

"Of course I do!

"Then why won't you tell me? Tell us? It's like you have magic or something! When things happen around you, you smell like the ground after it rains. What does that even mean?"

"She's a witch," Peter concluded. "What? Are you telling me none of you guys could fit the pieces together? What's with the angry face, October? It's not like you've killed anyone… yet. Your name rang a bell in my head when we first met. But, until now, I didn't quite put the pieces together."

"Don't make me kill you, Peter," October moved from Stiles before continuing. "Who am I kidding? I can't kill anyone."

"Yet."

October rolled her eyes and turned away. She didn’t want to see the shock on their faces. She wished that she could have told them under better circumstances. Then, Stiles laughed.

"What?" He looked around. "You were hiding that? Toby, take a look around you. Yo-you're surrounded by werewolves and me."

"You don't understand," She muttered.

He shook his head. "Then help us to understand."

October turned on her heels, anger flaring. "You want to understand? You don't know how badly I wanted to tell you guys. I didn't say anything because of Allison. She's a hunter - her family has killed. An-and, I was just so scared. My family died because of hunters. I don’t know how they found out about us. So, do you still want to understand? They buried bullets through the house while James and I weren't home. My four year old sister was burned in that house with my parents.

"I couldn't save them. I couldn't save anything of them. I was useless. And do you wanna know what else? My psychopathic aunt is missing. The same night she went missing was the same night her husband and child was found murdered. So, tell me is that what you wanted to hear?"

Silence. You could literally hear a pin drop. October's stomach churned. She slid down the column and placed her face in her hands. Her whole world was falling apart. Sure, she kept some things to herself, but she told them most of it. There was no way she was going to tell them the other parts.

Stiles kneeled to her level. "I'm sorry, Toby. It kind of hurts that you'd think we'd turn on you like that. I promise I never would. Okay? If you don't want me to tell Allison, I won't."

"I wanted to tell you guys," She sobbed. "I really did. But, I was so scared."

Stiles sat down, pulling the young girl into his side. He sent his glare to Peter, Derek and then to Isaac. Isaac wasn't even looking at October anymore. His eyes were set on the ground, finding interest in the dust that piled up. Scott took a seat to the other side of her.

"Come on," Stiles started. "We'll take you home."

Isaac spoke. "No. I-I think she should stay. What? Look, Toby, I'm sorry - I really am. I just think you should stay the night. Or at least have someone stay with you at your place."

"Are you implying you want to stay with her?" Peter rose a brow.

"H-huh? N-no," Isaac shook his head. "I just think someone should - "

"That person being you?"

" - look after her," He finished, eyes narrowing at Peter.

"He's right." Scott put a hand on October's knee. "I can't, though. Mom wants me to pick her up from work soon."

"Dad wants me to get home before twelve. He's been extra worried lately. So, I don't think I'd be able to help," Stiles yawned. "I wish I could."

Peter chuckled. "Then, there leaves Isaac."

Isaac rolled his eyes. October shook her head. She didn't need their protection. She could set up wards around her home and room. It wasn't like Dennis was going to find where she lived. Would he?

"It's fine," October said. "I can take care of myself."

"No, you can't," Derek crossed his arms over his chest. "What I meant was, you probably could. But, you need someone with you. I'll do it. I won't be in your room, I'll be outside."

She ran a hand through her hair. "Sure, why not? What's the worst that could happen?"

Image


"I don't like this," Stiles stared at the road as he drove. "I really don't like this. Have I told you how much I don't like this?"

"Well, it's happening whether you like it or not," Isaac leaned his head against the headrest. "And, shut up. She's sleeping."

Stiles muttered something under his breath about how irritating the whole situation was. He made a face at Isaac before smiling down at October. They already dropped off Scott so he could pick up Mama McCall. October had fallen asleep halfway through the drive, her head resting on Isaac's shoulder.

"She was really scared," Stiles said, suddenly serious. "Like, if she told us, we'd turn our backs on her. Why do you think she thought that?"

"Someone must have turned on her," Isaac answered, looking down at the sleeping girl.

October was a small girl - everyone looked like a giant compared to her. But, the way she expressed herself made it so no one could walk over her. It's what Isaac admired about her. She had a weird sense of courage and happiness.

Stiles sighed heavily. "What I don't understand is why? What did they get out of it? She's scarred for life. I'm surprised she even got this close to any of us."

Isaac nodded, not really listening to Stiles. He didn't want to think about what happened to October. He didn't want to remember the pain in her voice or the way her voice cracked. He didn't want to remember how the tears fell down her eyes. Isaac was able to feel that pain in his own heart.

Stiles whistled when October's house came to view. "Damn. What did she say her brother did again?"

The house stood alone in the woods. Tall trees looked over the home. The house was big to say the least. Isaac looked the house over. All the lights were off except for the porch lights. He couldn't hear any movement in the house. It seemed to be empty.

"He works in the hospital." Isaac answered as he shook October awake.

She looked around dazed. "What?"

"We're at your place."

Isaac smiled tightly. October nodded and tried to climb over Isaac. Stiles snorted, trying to keep a laugh at bay. The young girl stopped and sighed, waiting for Isaac to get out of the Jeep. Once he did, October nearly fell when she got out. She waved bye to Stiles as she stumbled to the front door. Isaac watched as he dug in her bra. His eyes widened before he looked away. October mumbled something under her breath when she finally got the door open.

Isaac closed the door behind him. In the dark, he was able to see things clearly. October, on the other hand, was tripping over everything. Isaac placed his hand on her back, trying to keep her up. October groaned when her knee hit the wall. She turned on the lights to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" October yawned, covering her mouth. "I can make something."

"You don't have to," Isaac answered.

"That means you're hungry."

Isaac opened his mouth to say she didn't have to, but the look on her face said she was going to anyway. October dug in the fridge and pulled out avocados, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce. She moved from the fridge to a cabinet and pulled out wheat bread.

"We're vegetarian," October said. "So, don't expect there to be any meat in my fridge."

He nodded, not sure what to say to that. He knew she was a vegetarian. She nearly ripped Scott's arm off for trying to get her to eat a chilidog. Isaac watched as October did her own thing. He was still standing there awkwardly when she finished the first sandwich.

"You can sit, you know that right?" October rubbed her eyes.

Isaac looked away, cheeks heating. He was hoping she wouldn't have noticed. He took a seat at the island and continued to watch as she made more sandwiches. October quickly put the items together and handed him two sandwiches. She took the seat next to him and began to eat her own food. Isaac looked at the sandwiches in front of him. He'd never had a sandwich like this before.

"I promise, it won't bite," October laughed.

Isaac laughed also. "I know. I'm just afraid I'd like it and give up meat myself."

She rolled her eyes. "I don't think that'll happen."

He smiled. October shook her head and sighed. Isaac knew for a fact that she felt weird about everyone knowing what she was. But, he couldn't figure out why she did. It wasn't like she was a mass murderer. He wanted to tell her that it was okay, but if she didn't feel okay, then it wasn't going to be. Isaac wished he knew how to help her. but he couldn't help if she didn't want any.

It frustrated him more than anything. Isaac felt it was his fault. He was the reason she had to tell them. He was the reason why she let her deepest secret go.

"I'm sorry," Isaac suddenly said.

October stopped chewing to look at him. Her green eyes went back to being guarded - like they were the first time the two met. She didn't know why he was apologizing. She quickly finished chewing to speak.

"What are you sorry about? You didn't do anything," She looked him straight in the eyes. "If it's about what happened tonight, it was bound to happen. It was going to happen whether or not you pushed. I-I'm kind of glad you did. I'm not hiding anymore and it feels a bit good."

Isaac shook his head. "But, you didn't look good. It was like we were forcing it out of you."

"Peter would have told you one way or another. Even if I was in the room or not."

Isaac went quiet. She was right. Peter would have and the whole situation would've been completely different. October bit her lip.

"I'm not bad," She said. "At least, I'd like to think so. I'll help anyway I can if there was something you guys needed."

Isaac nodded, not saying anything. He didn't know what to say. He didn't want her a part of the supernatural world, but in a sense she already was. He couldn't stop her from being a witch. It was what she was and there was no stopping that. Isaac tried to forget the situation by eating. It didn't help, but the sandwich was different. It actually tasted good. It must have shown on his face because October laughed.

"Good, right?" She smiled.

It was a real smile. It wasn't one of those fake ones she gave so often. It was honestly a sight to see. Isaac smiled back at her. Her smile made him forget the problems they were facing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel totally bad for not uploading last week and not uploading earlier today. I've just been through a lot lately. But, I'm back!