Sequel: House of Wolves
Status: Updates every Saturday @12 p.m. PST

Season of the Witch

"I also agreed to do some extremely illegal things with Stiles."

October hadn't seen Isaac in a week. Neither Derek or Peter would tell her where the boy was. It was driving October crazy. Was he avoiding her? Why should he? Isaac was the one who made the move. October should be the one avoiding him.

"Are you even listening?" Danny rose a brow at her.

October looked up quickly, eyes wide. "Huh? Oh, crap. I'm so sorry, Danny. I just have a bunch of thoughts in my head right now. It's a jumbled mess."

"Let's talk about it."

"N-no. It's fine. It's stupid, actually."

Danny rolled his eyes. "Talk. Now."

"Boys suck," October admitted. "Isaac kissed me a week ago. And, I haven't seen him since he did that. What the hell does that mean?"

"He probably regrets it. Don't look at me like that," Danny gave her a small smile. "Look, he's probably just nervous to talk to you. It'll take some time."

October groaned and covered her face with a pillow. "I hate boys."

He snorted and shook his head. Danny was surprised to get a phone call from the girl. They hadn't spoken lately and it made him a bit suspicious. But, he didn't care to say anything. Jackson had left to London and Danny didn't really have that many close friends.

"What are you thinking about?" October teased, sitting up.

Danny shrugged. "I think you're one of the few friends I have."

"Pfft," She laughed at that. "I doubt it! You're on the lacrosse team. You have a butt ton of friends, I bet."

"Are you drunk?" Danny joked, lifting up the wine bottle. "Well, I guess we might be a little bit intoxicated."

October smiled and didn't argue with that. Danny had came over with a few wine bottles, saying they needed to drink - for some relaxation. That was well over two hours ago and a bottle and a half gone. She was surprised they could still speak coherently. James was working late into the night, so the two teens would have the whole night to themselves.

"Anyway," Danny chuckled. "I just know them. They aren't real friends. What I want to know , though, is why call me? You've got Stiles and Lydia."

October sighed. "I needed some normal in my life."

It was true. October was over the whole supernatural scene. She wanted to be normal. The only friend she had that was normal was Danny. Lydia was brought into the supernatural and that meant she didn't want to be around the strawberry-blonde. October didn't like that, but it made her glad that Danny agreed to be with her.

"Have you ever held a secret so big that it scares you?" October asked out of the blue. "I mean, something so big that if it's exposed, your life is ruined?"

Danny thought about it for a moment, but shook his head. "No. I don’t think so. But, I think you need a drink."

October scrunched up her face and moved for the wine bottle. Danny didn't think anything about the question. He thought that whenever she felt the need to tell him, he'd know. October took a swig from the bottle and passed it to the boy. She really wanted to find Isaac. She wanted to know so many things. But, if he's avoiding her, then she's just going to have to deal with it.

"Do you have anyone new in your life?" October winked.

He laughed and shook his head. "No. No, no, no. No one new. And, not anytime soon."

She made an unattractive snort and rolled her eyes. "You sure about that?

Danny smiled. "Yes. I'm sure, Toby. You're fucking ridiculous."

"Son, you are one attractive young man. I bet the beginning of school, you'll get someone."

"Doubt it."

"Don't make me punch you, Danny."

The two teens laughed. October jumped at the sound of her phone. She rose a brow. She told everyone to leave her alone tonight. She didn't want to talk to anyone that night, other than Danny. It was a private call. She apologized to him and answered her phone.

"Yes?" October stood, wobbled a little and stumbled to her window.

"Toby?" Stiles' voice filled her ear. "Oh, god. Okay. Don't hang up. I knew you wouldn't answer if it wasn't private. This is important."

"I'm not going with you to find… anything," She rubbed her eyes.

Stiles sighed. "Are you drunk? You know what, I don't care. Anyway, you have to listen to me!'

"What is it?" She asked.

He cleared his throat. "I showed the tape to Deaton. He says it can't be a Faery. They don't like cities or something like that."

"Okay? Stiles, I'm busy right now. I can't talk about that right now."

"That's Stiles?" Danny piped up. "Tell him to come by, we got a lot of wine left."

"Was that Danny? I'll take that as an invitation. See you soon." Stiles hung up.

October sighed and tossed her phone on her bed. She have Danny a dirty look, but broke out into a laugh when he gave her a confused look. She shrugged and plopped onto her bed.

"I didn't want to see Stiles tonight," October groaned. "I wanted a normal night and Stiles is definitely not normal."

Image


"That's a lot of wine," Stiles said as he walked into October's room.

Danny shrugged. "Not really. I have a couple more in my car."

October shook her head. Of course Danny would have more. Where in the world did he get them anyway? Good wine was expensive and it wasn't like he got his fake I.D. back. Danny didn't seem like the guy to steal. It was probably his parents.

"Is this what you were planning to do all night?" Stiles picked up a bottle. "And you didn't invite me earlier."

October didn't answer his questions. "How's Scott doing?"

He still wasn't taking the break up easily, from what she's seen. Scott could pretend to be okay, but it was obvious he wasn't. He was still hoping and praying Allison would change her mind. But, it didn't seem like she was going to do that anytime soon. Even Lydia was trying to get Allison to go out and date - whenever she did come back from France.

Stiles squinted his eyes before he answered. "Same old, same old. Spending most of his time with Deaton and studying."

"That's good. Let's hope he raises his grades from the dead."

Stiles rolled his eyes at that. Sure it wasn't the appropriate time for that with the deaths piling up, but October couldn't help himself. Danny shifted uncomfortably. Good, October thought. Stiles wouldn't have been here if it weren't for him. It's his own damn fault. But, October didn't say any of that. She took the bottle from Stiles' hand and took another drink. He gave her a big cheesy smile and did the same.

"Hell yeah!" He raised the bottle.

October looked over to Danny and gave him a look that said this is all your fault. Danny smirked. He thought that they needed some weird for the night, thanking God that Stiles had called when he did. Sure, it was good to have normal, but Danny was having so much normalcy that he needed some strange. And, Stiles was the right fix.

"What'd you call Toby for?" Danny asked as he opened another wine bottle.

Stiles stuttered. "Uh, um, well, you see Danny, I needed some Toby time. I haven't seen her in a week. And, I had to tell her something important."

It was true. October was avoiding Stiles. She used so many excuses, it was extremely horrible. But, again, she needed a few days off from the supernatural. It wasn't like she was going to drop off the face of the earth.

"Sounds like you're trying to get it in," Danny chuckled.

The other teens felt their eyes go wide. October's cheeks turned a deep red. Stiles face went white. He quickly took another swig from the bottle and pointedly looked anywhere that wasn't October. Way to go, Danny. Make things more awkward why don't you.

"Yeah," Stiles cleared his throat. "Toby isn't really… my type? I-I mean, she's gorgeous. You know, small and dark hair and yeah. Uh, I'm going to shut up now."

October nodded. "Yeah, I think that's a good idea."

Danny opened another wine bottle and threw the cork at October's head. "Hey, dork, we should go to a rave soon. There's one coming up in a week. We can find nice guys for each of us and the rest will be history."

The teen witch felt her left eye twitch. Danny was sauced off his ass if he was trying to get October laid by a random stranger. She took the bottle from his hand and pat his head lightly.

"I think you've had enough, don't you think?" She smiled.

"Wha -?" Danny started, but instantly fell asleep.

October moved away from the sleeping boy, making sure he was still sitting up. She turned to look at Stiles, who had wide eyes. She shrugged and put the wine bottle on her desk, moving anything important away from the spill zone. Stiles poked Danny's cheek, jumping back a bit when a snore ripped out of Danny's mouth.

"How'd you do that?" Stiles gave October an accusing look.

"Magic."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Dammit. I forget you're basically Hermione."

October rolled her eyes and motioned for Stiles to follow her out of the bedroom. She stumbled every few steps, but made it into the hallway without a hitch. Stiles left the wine bottle in her room, finding no need for it any longer. October crossed her arms and leaned against the wall, waiting for Stiles to start.

"Deaton doesn't think it's a Faery," Stiles started, arms crossed as well. "He told me that Faeries or whatever, don’t like cities because of the iron or something. He said that there could be no way a Faery would be able to come into town and kill someone without being sick."

"Well -"

Stiles continued. "I looked online to find if Faeries are known for killing. They aren't really. They usually just cause mischief that leads the idiots to their doom. It looks like someone killed them."

October sighed deeply and rubbed her eyes. "I don't understand anything about this. What the hell could it have been? He didn't deserve it! Sure, he was stupid, arrogant jerk, but that didn't mean he had to die. I wish we could have gone into the house… Maybe we'd be able to find something they missed."

"Yeah, well, we can't… But, we can when his family goes to his funeral tomorrow." Stiles grinned widely.

She smiled and looked to the ground. "Let me guess, you know of a loop hole to get passed the cameras."

He nodded, excitedly. "Yeah, you."

October rose a brow when she looked the boy over. "What do you mean me? What are you going to have me do Stiles?"

"Well, remember when we looked at the footage last week? You said something about a glamour being used. You're a witch, can't you do that?"

"I'm not strong enough," She admitted.

Stiles gripped October by the shoulders tightly. "You can, okay? You're stronger than most people I know. You can do this."

October licked at her dry lips. "O-okay. I can try. Yeah, okay. I can do this."

Stiles smiled and brought her into his chest, hugging the life out of her. He was excited to say the least. It would be the first time October was going to be using magic on him. Hopefully, it didn't go horribly wrong and he ended up a toad. The sound of someone clearing their throat drew the teens apart. Isaac stood a few feet off, box in his hands. October stared at him for a few seconds, not quite sure if he was really there or not.

"How… did you get pass my wards?" She finally asked, cheeks darkening as she realized what she had asked.

Isaac turned his dark gaze from Stiles to October, but at the sight of her he lightened up. "It wasn't easy. I have a few burn marks on my hands."

Stiles excused himself and returned to October's room. October smiled brightly, heart thumping loudly in her chest. She didn't quite know what to do. Did she run into his arms? Did she stand there so he could make a move? She didn't get a chance to make up her mind because Isaac enveloped her in a hug. His warm scent filled her nose and made her realize how much she missed him. Slowly, October wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Where have you been?" She finally asked when they let go of each other.

The boy shrugged. "It doesn't matter. I'm here now. Uh, here. I saw this and it reminded me of you. So…"

October took the small box from his hands and looked at him confused. The box was plain and wrapped horribly with kraft paper. She tore the brown paper off the box and opened the box quickly. Inside was a mortar and pestle. A confused laugh escaped her lips. She wasn't sure why he got that for her.

"Um," Isaac cleared his throat. "If you know the recipe your mom used for the incense, you could make your own. You know? And, I guess, you could use it for spells and stuff… I didn't really listen to the lady at the counter."

The teen witch smiled. "Thank you. It means a lot."

Still in a drunken state, October grabbed Isaac by the neck to pull his face down to hers. Without thinking, she placed her lips against his lightly. As she pulled away, Isaac pulled her back. October forgot all about the gift he gave her and dropped it on the ground. Her fingers pulled at the short curls at the nape of his neck. He tasted of mint and coffee. Isaac pulled away quickly, getting as far away from her as he could. Both teen's breathing were labored. October felt heat rise into her cheeks.

"Why'd you stop?" She asked, her mind still hazy.

Isaac rose a brow, hiding his hands behind his back. "You're drunk, Toby."

October shrugged. "So?"

"So, I'm not going to let you do anything stupid while drunk."

"Well, you should've came sooner. I casted a spell on Danny that could have gone two ways," October bent down to grab her gift. "I also agreed to do some extremely illegal things with Stiles."

Isaac chuckled. "What have you gotten yourself into, Toby?"