Sequel: House of Wolves
Status: Updates every Saturday @12 p.m. PST

Season of the Witch

"You three ended up in a hunter's home?"

"I can't believe I'm doing this," October pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Shut up," Stiles whispered harshly. "It would have just been the both of us if you hadn't told your flippin' boyfriend anything."

He jabbed his thumb toward the back of his jeep. Isaac smirked and crossed his arms over his chest. Isaac seemed proud of himself, having made October cough up what they were planning to do. She was drunk! What did Stiles expect to happen?

"How are you supposed to do this?" Isaac asked.

October shrugged. "It's too complicated to explain. Don't lose this charm. Do you guys understand? I worked too damn hard for this to work for you guys to lose this."

Stiles tossed the charm bag in his hands. "What did you even put in here? Is it going to work?"

"I put an opal stone and - you know what it doesn't matter. It's going to work. Don't drop it. If you do, your cover is blown. We only have an hour and a half to use this when I activate it."

"When are you going to - What the hell was that for?" Stiles rubbed his arm where October punched him.

October glared at him. "You ask too many questions. Come on."

October stepped out of the car, holding the door open for Isaac to step out. Stiles muttered something under his breath before he left his jeep. Both boys placed their charm bags into their pockets. October silently prayed to the Gods that they didn't lose them. But just in case, October had another one on hand. October held out her hands, palms facing out. The teen boys looked at her confused. She sighed heavily, wishing they weren't so dense.

"Put one of your hands on mine and do the same with you two," She explained.

Stiles mouthed an "oh" as he did as he was told. Isaac did the same. October closed her eyes and focused on her intent. She felt the tingle at the top of her head and felt it slowly go down to her hands, spreading to the boys. She heard Stiles gasp and Isaac clear his throat. Soon, October felt the tingle go down to her legs. When the tingling stopped, she waited another thirty seconds before opening her eyes. Everything looked normal, for the most part. Everything looked shimmery, but not in a way that it would affect their work.

"Ready?" October asked as she dropped her hands.

"Yeah," Isaac nodded. "This is weird."

"Weird?" Stiles snorted. "This is fucking awesome! Why haven't we done this before? Oh, my God."

October rolled her eyes and pulled Stiles toward Dennis's house by his hood. She heard Isaac huff before he moved as well. Stiles removed himself from October's grasp and followed right behind. Isaac stood a few feet off, watching as October and Stiles interacted. Deep inside, he wished they had that same type of relationship. One where he was still human and he wasn't always gone. Isaac must have stopped walking because October was suddenly at his side.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concern in her eyes.

Isaac gave her a tight smile and nodded. "Yeah, I'm good. I'm really, really good. Let's just get this over with."

She nodded and timidly held out her hand. Isaac smiled wider and laced his fingers with hers. He never really asked the witch to be his girlfriend. He was waiting for the right time. Right now was not the right time. He was still trying to find the alpha pack so he could protect the town and most importantly October. They began walking, following behind Stiles - who was still fuming over the fact that Isaac was there.

October eyed the house as they got closer. It was huge and it terrified her. Not the house itself. More so the incident that had happened less than a week and a half ago. Part of her didn't want to see what happened, but the other part was curious to see if they find anything. Stiles walked up to the front door and began to pick the lock. October tightened her grip on Isaac's hand when Stiles finally got the door open.

As they walked through the door, October felt a shiver of electricity run through her body. She immediately stopped walking. Isaac glanced at her confused. Stiles turned on his heels, eyeing October warily. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the room.

"What's wrong?" Isaac cupped October's cheek with his hand.

October shook her head. "There's something wrong here. Something doesn't feel right… The air is heavy and it smells like magic."

Stiles rose a brow. "Toby, we're in a spell right now."

Isaac shook his head and pulled October inside the house so he could shut the door. "She's right, Stiles. Toby's magic has a certain smell."

"All magic does. I need to figure out a way to find out who's magic this is," October stepped away from Isaac.

"Maybe I can scent them out?"

"Honestly? You're not that great with that nose or those ears."

Isaac scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. He rolled his eyes, causing him to look like a grown child. October ignored him, trying to rack her brain for a location spell that would work. Nothing came to mind. The spell wouldn't work without an idea of who this killer could be. Stiles sighed impatiently, stomping his feet a bit. October rubbed her temples before turning to the two children.

"Well," October gestured with her hands. "Where to?"

"Upstairs," Stiles pointed to the stairs.

October crossed her arms over her chest. She knew going upstairs would be the only way to figure out what had happened, but it didn't sound safe. Nothing about this situation felt safe. Isaac slung an arm across her shoulders. That didn't make anything better. But, she gave him a lazy smile before walking up the stairs. Stiles seemed to have known where to go because it didn't take long to reach Dennis's room.

His room was just like any other teenage boy's room, if you looked past the guns and hunting knives that adorned one of the walls. October felt her heart sink. Was Dennis a hunter? Was that why he was trying to get close to her that one night? When she was at the grocery store, was he trying to kidnap her? Those questions swirled in her mind as she slid to the floor. Isaac rose a brow and looked at Stiles. Stiles' mouth was agape. He hadn't known this was in the room.

"Okay, Toby. Uh, just stay down there and I'll take a quick peek around," Stiles looked over at the desk. "Whoa. Okay, yeah. Toby, how about you go out in the hall with Isaac for a bit."

Isaac narrowed his eyes, but took October into the hall. He quickly set her down on the floor. October's eyes were set hard on the floor. Placing a light kiss on her forehead, Isaac was wondering what caused Stiles to freak out so bad.

Stiles quickly took out his phone, snapping pictures of the desk. Scattered on the desk were pictures of October doing various things - most of which were when she was in school. There was a newspaper clipping of the fire in Walnut Creek - the fire where her family was burned. Stiles quickly snapped a photo of that as well. He also took a photo of each weapon. Finally Stiles noticed pictures of October and her brother, and other photos with other people. His eyes narrowed. This twerp was spying on October for a long time. Way before she even came to Beacon Hills. Was Dennis a hunter?

Taking the last few pictures with his phone, Stiles hoped that October wouldn't freak out. Other than those pictures, Stiles couldn't find anything that stood out. He ran a hand through his hair. This wasn't what he hoped to find. He opened the drawers on the desk, but found nothing important. How did the cops miss this? How did his dad miss any of this?

"Dammit," He pounded his fist on the top of the desk.

Isaac quickly opened the door, eyes wide. "What's wrong? Toby's freaking out. What did you find?"

Stiles swallowed the lump in his throat. "He's been spying on Toby way before her family was killed. I think that he might have been a hunter. That, or some creepy stalker."

The other teen turned on his heels only to see October wasn't where he left her. His heart was racing. Where could she have gone? It wasn't like he wasn't looking for longer than two minutes. Isaac kept cursing under his breath as he tried to follow her scent. Stiles cursed under his breath and began opening closed doors to find the young girl. Isaac ran down the stairs, hoping to see October there.

She wasn’t.

His heart was pounding in his chest. Where the hell could she have gone?

"Don't just stand there. Keep looking," Stiles ran past Isaac and down another hallway.

He was calling out her name. October ignored the calls. They'd find her soon enough. She was in the basement, mortified. The basement had multiple weapons covering one wall. October felt a cold chill go down her spine when she eyed all of the tools these people had. There were multiple bottle containing mountain ash. Torture devices were held on different tables. How in the world did the Sheriff miss this? Other hunters were in town… That meant she had to be more careful.

"Toby?" Stiles reached the bottom of the stairs. "Oh, my god. Oh. My. God. Ah, shit. Come on, Toby. Let's go."

"How did your dad miss this?" She asked quietly.

Isaac came thundering down the stairs, quickly bringing her to his chest. He didn't want her to see it anymore than she already had. Her body shook as she tried to controlling her tears.

"We should leave. We can talk about this at Derek's. Okay?" He muttered into her hair as he rubbed her back.

Image


"You guys did what?"? Derek glowered at the three teens.

Peter snickered. "You three ended up in a hunter's home?"

October sighed. "The murder was fishy. On the tape, I saw something out of the norm."

Derek glared at the teen witch. "What's fishy is that the three of you were able to go into the house undetected. It had to have been another witch. Your brother by chance?"

"No," She clenched her fists. "James wouldn’t do that. He was with me the whole time."

"Hex bag, maybe?" Peter added.

October felt her blood boil. James wouldn't have done something so stupid. She turned on her heels, over the conversation before it actually started How stupid of her to think that Derek would help. Not with the stupid alpha pack around or whatever. She began walking away, only to stop when Derek decided to open his mouth again.

"Excuse me?" She said, lowly. "Mind if you say that again?"

"It could have been you," He said it slower and louder this time. "You have a motive. you found out he was taking those pictures of you and your brother. Figuring out he was a hunter, you killed him."

"You know what, Derek? You're a little shit - no! you're a major shit. I hate you. Oh, shut it, Peter. I hate you, too."

"What did I do?" He muttered to himself.

October narrowed her eyes. Derek did the same. She broke eye contact first. The two teenage boys were looking between the two, not sure what to say. She didn't want to deal with any of this. She wanted to find whoever the murderer was - whether it be a witch or a fee, she didn’t care. Stiles followed October out. Isaac stayed behind, wishing he could have gone with her. Derek wanted to give him information.

"Are you - "

"No, Stiles, I am not okay. They were hunters. They know about my brother and I. And, I think they're coming to finish what they started." October leaned against the trunk of his jeep. "I'm scared. I'm so fucking scared, Stiles."

Stiles brought her into his chest. He wasn't going to say it was going to be okay because he knew it wasn't. At that moment, he vowed to keep the girl in his arms safe. He wasn't going to let her out of his sight. Not as long as those new hunters were in town. He also prayed that they didn't know about Scott and the others.

Image


Peter rang the doorbell to the huge house in front of him. He didn't want to be here. But, he figured he might as well be. A young man in his early twenties opened the door. It was obvious this was James - and not because he was the only male in the house. It was because he looked as his father did when he was younger.

"Uh," James crossed his arms over his chest, defensively. "Can I help you?"

"Is your sister home?"

"Why?"

Peter shrugged off the need to be sarcastic. "We need to talk… Alan wasn't able to contact her."

James narrowed his eyes before he called October down. When the girl reached the door, James didn’t leave. He stepped away a few feet, listening in. He didn't trust this man at the door. And, for good reason. October rolled her eyes at her brother.

"What do you want, Peter," She looked outside, eyeing the car suspiciously.

"It's nice to see you, too," He frowned. "Deaton wants to see you.

October rose a brow, but nodded. "I'll be back, James. It's probably something work related."

She followed Peter out to his car. October knew that Deaton didn’t need to see her. He didn't want her fretting over learning magic. When they reached the car, she finally spoke up.

"What did you really want?"

Peter sighed. "Derek hasn’t been training you. And, seeing as there are new hunters in town, I decided to take the lead of this damn rodeo. Also, my nephew sucks."

October snorted and took a seat in the car. She was surprised that Peter would do this. But, she soon realized, he may want something in return.

"Do you really think I did it?" October broke the silence first. "I mean, honestly."

"No," He answers a few moments later. "Derek enjoys putting the blame on others before finding the evidences to prove him wrong. You don't have the heart to kill."
♠ ♠ ♠
Jeez, I suck at uploading on time. :(
Anyhow, I hope you guys like this chapter! :D