Sequel: House of Wolves
Status: Updates every Saturday @12 p.m. PST

Season of the Witch

"I think that you're hiding something - something big. I want to help."

October walked into the library, still fuming over the fact that she got detention. She heard her fellow peers behind her, obviously not excited over the fact they had detention either. Sitting down, she felt like nothing could get any worse than it has. But, of course, it did.

Jackson sat to the right of her, Allison across from her, and Matt diagonally. October wanted to sit alone, to actually meditate for the day. She stood up, grabbing her bag, but Mr. Harris cleared his throat obnoxiously.

"And, where do you think you're going?" He asked.

She sighed before plopping right back in her seat. "Nowhere."

"Oh, uh– we can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." Jackson said while smirking.

"All of these tools?"

"No, just us tools." Stiles sighed and pointed to himself and Scott.

Mr. Harris shook his head. "Fine. You two, over there."

Jackson scoffed and threw his hands in the air, defeated. He shook his head and looked over to October. She wasn't really paying attention - too busy trying to meditate without being noticed. A minute went by before she noticed him looking at her.

She rose a brow. "Yes?"

"You smell… different." He answered.

Matt coughed to hide a laugh. October stared at Jackson closely. He looked sickly - his face was pale and his eyes were wide. She looked away.

"Instead of my usual Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion and perfume duo, I changed it to Vanilla," She said, giving him a small smile.

Confusion passed through his eyes and left immediately. Jackson turned in his seat. His back facing October. She shrugged and pulled out a notebook. Everything was quiet except for the intense whispers of Stiles and Scott.

"Kanima," Matt muttered.

October looked at him the same time Allison did. Allison's face held shock and fear. October just glowered. It made sense, the way people were murdered. They got a slit on the back of their neck to paralyze them, and the kanima kills it's victims. And someone was controlling it. That's what they had meant earlier. Her heart raced at the thought.

Someone was using Jackson to kill people and he didn't even know it. October glanced at him, fear rippling through her chest. Matt pulled out a bag of Pop-Chips. It took him a while to get it open, making October feel bad for the guy. He ate some, chewing so loudly that she couldn't think clearly. She glared at him. His eyes widened a bit and then he offered some. She shook her head, brows knitting together. This kid was seriously something different. Jackson looked like he was going to slap Matt any second. Matt even offered some chips to him. Jackson shook his head, giving Matt a death glare. October let out a quiet laugh. She was definitely surrounded by idiots.

Jackson let out a soft groan, left hand coming to his forehead. October stared at him, concerned. What could possibly be wrong now? He winced some more, bending over a bit. The blond male grabbed his backpack and stood up, hand still on his face.

"You okay?" Matt asked Jackson.

"I have to go to the bathroom." He answered.

Mr. Harris even looked worried. "Are you all right? Hey, you don't look so good."

"I just need to get some water."

He walked briskly out of the room. Mr. Harris looked at the students, eyeing them carefully.

"No one leaves their seats," He followed Jackson out of the library.

Stiles and Scott jumped out of their seats and went towards Erica's table. October shook her head. What happened to Jackson? She could ask him what was happening, but that wasn't what normal people did. It could be something serious that he didn't want to talk about. Or, he could make her feel like crap for actually caring. She went with the latter - it seemed more of a Jackson type thing to do. Over the announcement, Mrs. Argent called Scott to the office.

They weren't gone for more than five minutes. Jackson came back into the library, looking more pale than before he had left. He was even sweating. What happened exactly for him to look that way? He even looked scared. It was just starting to make October feel scared herself. Allison looked at Jackson with the same fear.

Mr. Harris began to put together his stuff, while looked at the students. A smirk played across his lips as they began to collect their things. October stopped putting her notebook away. The look on his face made her reconsider standing up.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry," He laughed. "Uh, yes, I'm leaving. But none of you are. You may go when you're done with the re–shelving. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

He patted the books on the carts. October felt her anger flare even higher. He couldn't do this. There was no way he could do this. Mr. Harris turned and walked away. Oh, he was doing this. She threw her purse on the desk before she grabbed a cart. This guy really wanted to get his ass cursed, didn't he.

October quickly put the books away from her cart, not wanting to be there a second longer. She was on her last book when she heard a loud crash. She looked over to the direction of the noise. Everything was hectic. The lights were exploding and books were being knocked off the shelves. October crouched, covering her head between her knees and covering her neck with her arms.

"Erica!" Scott yelled.

October heard some sort of groan or growl. She stayed where she stood - fear keeping her feet still. Her heart thrummed fast, blood rushing loudly through her ears. She took a deep breath in, willing herself to move, to help. She removed her head from her knees just in time to see Jackson pushing Scott. Scott landed on a book cart. October stared at Jackson. Half of his face was transformed into some reptilian type thing. His teeth were sharp and his eyes were glowing yellow, causing her heart to stop. He moved from her vision.

October heard another crash before she gathered the courage, she ran to where Erica laid. Taking a quick glance at the blackboard, her eyes widened. Stay out of my way or I'll kill all of you. Stiles looked over and ran to the girls.

"Whoa, hey, hey, hey, hey!" Stiles looked around. "I think she's having a seizure."

October turned Erica on her side. She ignored the looks Stiles was shooting at her. She couldn't just stand there and not help. Sure, she didn’t know Erica well, but the girl was having a seizure. And, she knew Stiles wouldn't know what to do. Stiles lifted her body up slightly, ignoring the comments from October. Allison stepped over the carnage to see how Matt was doing.

She let out a sigh of relief. "He's alive."

"Hey, we need to get her to a hospital." Stiles looked around.

Erica spoke, surprising October. "Derek - only to Derek."

"Look," October stared at the other girl. "You're seizing, you have to go to the hospital."

"When we get her to the hospital-" Scott was cut off.

"To Derek. To Derek." This girl was damn stubborn.

Allison looked between the books to Scott. "Go."

"Hey, Scott!" Stiles was beginning to get jumpy - they had to go now.

"I'm staying here with you." Scott looked her in the eyes.

October resisted the urge to roll her green eyes. Could this get any worse? Scott and Stiles had to get help for Erica. And, these two lovebirds decided now was the appropriate time to see how much the other cared.

"He can't take her alone. Not like this. And Matt– I've got to call an ambulance for him, just go," Allison urged him on.

"This doesn't feel right," He said.

October couldn't handle it anymore. "Oh, my Gods, Scott. Am I invisible or something? I'm obviously going to be staying. So, go and help the girl before she ends up dying or something. Please."

Scott looked at her and then back to Allison. "Okay."

He kissed her forehead, lovingly. At that, October had to roll her eyes. Now was not the time to be doing this. The males left the room with Erica in arms. October went to sit near Allison while she called the ambulance. Allison was shaking so badly that October felt horrible.

"You aren't going to ask questions?" Allison finally asked.

October shrugged. "Not really. I think it would be fun to ask Stiles more than you… That came out bad. What I mean is, I think it would be fun making the boy squirm."

Allison smiled. "I wouldn't have the complete answers anyway. I hope you don't get dragged into any of this, Toby. I-It's not a good place for anyone."

"Then why did you get dragged into it?" She asked.

"I dated Scott and things just unfolded."

"Dated? It kind of seemed like you two were closer than ever."

Allison shrugged and have a half-ass attempt for a smile. October didn't really know what to do at this moment. She wasn't good with talking to people. Her foot seemed to always get caught in her mouth somehow. So instead of talking, they sat in a comfortable silence before the EMTs came rushing into the library.

Image


"I think this is enough for today, Toby," Dr. Deaton smiled at her.

October pouted. They were still working on her meditation skills. It was beginning to bore her. But, if it helped her with controlling her magic, then she was all for it. She stood up and dusted herself off. She wasn't really dirty, she just wanted to do something with her hands.

"Hey, Dea-" Scott came into the backroom. "Oh, Toby. What are you doing here?"

"I was helping him bring in these boxes. It looked like he was having some trouble," She answered.

She wasn't lying exactly. She did help him with the boxes. She just didn't tell Scott the whole story. He didn't seem to notice. He just nodded and cleared his throat.

"Derek's coming soon," He broke the silence.

Dr. Deaton exhaled. "Well, it was good to see you, Toby. Thank you for helping.

"No," She smiled. "Thank you."

October gave Scott a small smile as she walked past. She looked at her phone to check the time. It was barely nine. She sighed as she dug in her pocket for her keys. She really needed to get her license so if she were to get pulled over, she'd at least be prepared.

"Hey."

October jumped. She turned her head to see Isaac smirking at her. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Thanks for giving me a heart attack," She said.

He shrugged. "Don't lie, you're happy to see me, Toby."

October snorted. "Well, I'd be lying if I said I was."

Isaac's smirk dropped. Oh, how she was going to enjoy toying with him. She didn't know why, but it sounded extremely pleasant. Maybe, it was because she'd be able to look into his eyes without it being strange. He looked away and leaned against her car.

"Nice tattoo, by the way," He said. "I didn't know you were old enough to get one."

"Thanks," She turned to face him. "And, I'm not. I'm still sixteen. The tattoo artist was a friend and did it for me."

"Isaac," A deep voice called out. "Let's go. We have business."

It was the same man from school and Scott's house. This had to be Derek. Isaac nodded. He looked at October one more time before putting his lips near her ear. A chill went down her spine.

"I'll see you Saturday," He whispered.

Image


Now, what does one wear to a damn rave? October looked over her closet nearly five times, unable to find what she wanted to wear. This is why she needed friends that were girls. They'd pick and choose certain things and make it work.

"Dammit, Toby," Danny sat in her desk chair, spinning around. "This is stupid. Just pick something and let's go."

October sighed. He was right. This really was stupid. They were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago, but she couldn't find anything to wear. Danny stopped spinning in the desk chair. He gave her an annoyed look before going to her closet and grabbing things at random.

"Don't tell anyone I'm doing this," He muttered, throwing the items he choose at her.

October examined the items. He chose a black lace button bralette and dark blue high waisted shorts. Danny rose his brow as if daring her to question him. She groaned before stepping into her bathroom. She stripped out of her robe and quickly put on the outfit. Looking at herself in the mirror, she bit down on her tongue. If you were to look hard enough, you'd be able to see the scar she got from that night.

"I don't know about this, Danny," October said as she walked out of the bathroom.

Danny gave her a once-over. "You look fine. Half of these people are going to be on drugs, so it doesn't really matter."

"Wow, Danny, you sure do know how to make a girl feel special!" She said, sarcastically.

He just shrugged. "I like boys, Toby. I don't know how to make a girl feel special."

"I know. I just…" She touched her scar, feeling ugly at that moment. "I don't know. I guess you could say I don't have the most girl-ish body."

"Toby," He rose a brow. "You have the perkiest ass out there and from what I see, some pretty damn good boobs? I don't fucking know. But, if you honestly think that a few scraps and cuts will scare a guy off, you are totally wrong. Now, let's go."

October nodded and grabbed a sweater from her bed. She quickly put it on before exiting her room. She didn't need James to see what she was wearing. He thought she was going to the movies with Danny. She didn't feel too bad about lying to him. It's not like it was going to kill him.

The ride was mostly silent, music filling the air. October took a few caffeine pills before they had left, to make sure she was wide awake for the night. Normally, she would never take those pills, but it was an emergency. She didn't want to beg Danny to talk her home because she was tired.

"If anything happens," Danny stopped the car in a parking spot. "We call each other and meet outside in the front. Okay?"

October nodded. "You make it seem like something is going to happen."

He nodded out towards the window. "Whenever Scott and Stiles is around, something weird always happens."

Danny got out of the car, causing October to follow suit without her sweater. She watched as Scott said something and ran off to the other direction. Stiles threw his hands in the air, exasperated. It looked like he was ready to strangle someone.

"Hey, Danny-boy," October called out. "I'll meet you inside. I need to have a talk with Stiles."

Danny's brows knitted together, but he nodded nonetheless. He passed her a ticket and turned to leave. She thanked him again before making her way to Stiles. She heard him muttering to himself how "this" plan sucked and how he couldn't even go into the rave because of it.

"Hey, Stiles," October leaned her hip against his jeep.

She saw as he jumped slightly. He took a quick look at her and started stuttering absolute nonsense. She couldn't help but smirk at that. Maybe, Danny was right. She must have looked pretty damn good.

"Um, I… Hi," Stiles let out a nervous laugh. "Y-you look great, Toby. Uh, what's up?"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "I think you know. Did you honestly think I was going to let the detention on Wednesday go? What the hell happened?"

"What do you think happened?"

"I think that you're hiding something - something big," She spoke slowly, choosing her words carefully. "I want to help."

Stiles rubbed his head. "Look, Toby. It isn't that simple. You don't understand what the hell is happening. You should go home right now."

"No," October said. "I think I know a little something. The kanima is Jackson. Someone tried to turn him into a werewolf and Jackson has all these problems that made it not work. And, another someone is controlling him. It might not seem like it, but I could probably find a way to help."

He stared at her, mouth wide open. "W-well, it does seem like you know what's happening. But, I can't let you help. Look at yourself, Toby. Y-you have all of these cuts and scars and just recently you had an episode at school."

October stared at him hard. He visibly swallowed the lump in his throat. She went to the trunk of the Jeep to see what he had hidden. There was two big trash bags that were full.

She went to grab one. "What's in here?"

"Mountain Ash."

She quickly removed her hand from the bag. What was he going to do with this? October didn't think, just acted. She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him. It took a few seconds before Stiles registered what was happening. He hugged her back, arms around her waist tightly.

"I don't know what the hell you're doing," She said. "But, it seems like you do. Just be careful."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, for this being a little late. I was busy doing homework. But, here you all go! :) I hope you guys enjoy this.