Sequel: House of Wolves
Status: Updates every Saturday @12 p.m. PST

Season of the Witch

"We are friends - definitely friends."

The music was loud against October's eardrums. She couldn't understand why people were even willing to go to these things. She saw Danny near the wall by the entrance. She walked over to him, but stopped when she saw he was speaking to a boy. He sent her a victorious smile. She laughed and shook her head. October felt a ghost touch against her back, tracing the outline of her mandala tattoo. She turned around quickly to see Isaac staring down at her.

He smiled. "You look different."

"A good different or a bad one?" Her brow rose.

He leaned down to whisper in her ear. "A good different."

She felt the corners lips curve upwards. Isaac grabbed her hand and attempted to pull her into the crowd. Immediately, she pulled back her hand - the warmth from his barely lingering. He rose a brow at her.

"I don't dance," She said, meekly. "Or, I can't actually."

"And, why not?" He asked.

October snorted. "I'd look like a chicken trying to do the tango."

Her eyes widened when he placed his hands on her waist. His hand brushed against the healed scar on her left side. She could feel the warmth radiating off him. It made her throat dry to have this type of contact. As if he knew, he laughed. October rolled her eyes. Way to ruin the moment, douche.

"You can't be that bad," He said, trying to pull her again. "Move your hips to the beat. Everyone's probably fucked up by now to even notice you."

So, she let him pull her through the throng of people. The close bodies made her feel a bit uncomfortable. Isaac stopped pulling her along and turned to face her. It looked like he was having a hell of a time. It was like it was his first time being able to go out and have fun. October had heard around that his father would abuse him. She wanted to say something about it, but didn't find the courage to.

"Dance," She heard him say.

And she did. She danced like a damn fool, but she didn't care. October was having the time of her life. At that moment, she didn't care about what people thought. She had fun and she laughed at herself. How many people could say that? That they were able to laugh at themselves? Even Isaac was following her lead. The two were laughing and tripping over themselves.

Scott had came out of nowhere, pushing through the sweaty bodies. He grabbed Isaac's shoulder and said something October couldn't hear. Both boys looked at October. She narrowed her eyes and sighed, shaking her head. She turned on her heels and walked out of the crowd. She needed some water and air.

October walked to the bar-like area and asked for a water. Once she got the water, she gave the man three dollars. Three dollars for a damn water bottle. She looked around the warehouse and sighed. She couldn't find Danny anywhere. She glanced at her phone, but saw no calls or texts. He must be having a good time. The teenage witch left the building and sighed. Stiles had already started lining the warehouse with mountain ash.

What was it that they planned on doing? October heard a triumphant "yes" from Stiles. The mountain ash was connected all along the building. Though, she was stuck, she was glad it worked out in his favor.

"Oh, hey, Toby," Stiles crossed the line. "They caught Jackson. Uh, wanna come?"

He looked a bit scared, like he wasn't sure she was even allowed to go. October nodded. She walked towards him and he led the way back inside. They pushed their way around groups of people before they finally made it to a steel door. It was far from the party - the music was barely heard. He opened the door and jumped back. It seemed that Erica was eager to kill.

"Uh, no, no, no! Just us, it's just us. Don't freak," Stiles locked the door behind October.

"What's she doing here?" Erica spat.

October rose a brow. "Yeah, she has a name. And, she knows what's going on."

The taller girl made a face. "You… You know what we are?"

"Whoa, whoa!" Stiles laughed uncomfortably. "We are friends - definitely friends."

"I know a few details, but I can see where everything fits," October glanced at Jackson. "Is he okay?"

Jackson was passed out in a chair. He didn't seem that evil. She could feel someone staring at her. She turned her head to see Isaac looking away. A sigh escaped his lips.

"Well– let's find out," He strutted to Jackson and released claws. "God–"

Though, Jackson seemed to be out cold, he caught Isaac's arm. He gave a tight squeeze, making Isaac groan in pain and bend over. Jackson let go of his arm. Isaac had hobbled away from Jackson, arm in hand. October went to see if he was okay.

"Are you good?" She asked.

He dropped his arm, not once looking at her. "No permanent damage."

"Okay, no one does anything like that again, okay?" Stiles looked at everyone.

"Oh," Isaac took a quick look at Jackson. "I thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out."

The four teenagers all looked at the unconscious boy. Each feeling like there was no way to stop him. October crossed her arms over her chest, feeling cold all of the sudden.

"Yeah, well, apparently this is all we're going to get. So let's just hope that whoever's controlling him just decided to show up tonight." Even Stiles wasn't certain.

"I'm here. I'm right here with you."

Everyone looked at one another before looking back at Jackson. This was just getting weirder by the second. October took a sharp intake of breath when her phone vibrated. Danny.

"Hey, Danny," She turned her back on everyone. "What's up?"

"This might sound mean… Well, it's going to sound fucked up." Danny started. "I won't be able to take you home."

"Wait," October chewed on her thumbnail. "You can't be serious. I came for you, Danny. I-I don't have any other way to get back."

"I'm sorry," He hung up.

October wanted to take her hair out of her bun and pull until her scalp bled. Instead, she massaged her temples. She just couldn't take it anymore. She threw her phone above Jackson's head and watched as it shattered. Shaking her head, she left the small room. It wasn't Danny's fault. She should have known that this was going to happen. She should have thought ahead.

She didn't walk far. The door was only five feet away. October began pacing, thinking of ways she could get home. Stiles had a car, but would he be willing to take her? She felt tears prick at her eyes. She couldn’t call James. She was sure he'd kill her for what she decided to wear, more than where she was actually at. She hugged herself, thinking of the worst possible things. Her thoughts scattered when she heard a loud growl. She faced the door, eyes wide. Isaac, Stiles and Erica ran out of the room and held their backs against the door.

"Okay, find something to move in front of the door," Stiles was breathing heavy.

October shook her head. "It's not going to hold him!"

That being said, the side of the room had burst open. October couldn't step back fast enough. Pieces of shrapnel hit her face and arms. Luckily for her, nothing went in her eye. She cried out in pain, hitting the floor. Her elbow collided with the ground, making her take a sharp intake of air. Oh, how she hated being in the middle of something.

"Holy!" Stiles crouched in front of her. "W-we, ah, we gotta take you to the hospital, Toby. Oh, jeez. Can’t you feel that?"

October began pulling out the pieces of metal from her arms, each stinging worse than the seconds before. She didn't answer him, just continued to pick at her skin. When she finished, she noticed three pairs of eyes on her.

"I need one of you to take the ones in my face out," She said, standing up weakly.

Stiles helped her stand - even lent his jacket to her. "We're taking you to the hospital. I just… I just have to call Derek, okay? Then -"

"I'm not going to a damn hospital," She pulled the jacket tighter. "My brother works there and if he sees me… I-I don't want to think about what he'd do. Take me to Deaton's."

He looked at her confused. "You know Deaton? Why should we take you there? I'm pretty sure you aren't a werewolf."

"He might have something that'll make me heal faster and better than an actual hospital, Stiles. The longer we stand here arguing, the more blood I lose."

"She's right," Isaac sighed. "If it'll make her shut up, just do what she wants."

October rose her brows. Wow. What happened to the fun Isaac? Her eyes widened when he decided to carry her, bridal style. Like that was going to attract any attention. She wasn't even hurt that bad. She could walk. Then, why didn't she complain? She honestly had no idea why.

They quickly made it outside of the building, but Isaac and Erica stopped. She looked at the floor with the both of them, silently cursing to the Gods. The mountain ash was still connected. She felt her heart rate double in speed. October had to go to Deaton's now. She looked down at her hands, ring missing. She should've put it on. Until she had it back on her finger, she was going to heal slower.

"Oh, my God. It's working. Oh, this is–," Stiles was beaming at Derek. "I did something."

"Scott?" Derek looked around.

The younger boy looked at him confused. "What?"

"Break it." Derek had his hands clenched.

Stiles shook his head. "What? No way."

"Scott's dying!" Derek shouted. "And, your friend - right there- is slowly bleeding to death. Break it. Now."

"Okay, what? How do you know that?"

October rolled her eyes. If she died because Stiles wanted to be a complete idiot, then she'd come back to haunt his ass.

"Oh, my God, Stiles, I just know! Break it!" Derek was losing his temper.

"Ah," Stiles dropped to the ground and broke the seal.

October felt like she could breathe easier now that it was gone. Derek had disappeared, running off to find Scott. Isaac quickly ran to Stiles' Jeep, nearly ripping the door open to set her down on the seat. She gave him a tight smile, not sure if he was going to be rude again or not. She pulled down the sun visor and sucked in a breath when she saw her face.

"I told you guys to pull these things out," She muttered. "If it gets infected, I'm killing all of you."

Stiles' head popped in next to Isaac's. "What?"

She let out a snort. "Nothing. Just going to pull my face off and whatnot."

Slowly and carefully, October pulled out the metal that cut through her face. She sucked in air through her teeth with each piece. It hurt like a bitch, but she couldn't let them stay in there.

"Oh, my god," She heard Stiles whisper. "That's disgusting. Oh, yeah. I think I-I'm going to be sick."

October took the last piece from her face and rolled her eyes. She wacked Stiles on the top of his head, glaring at him. He yelped, pulled back, and began rubbing his head. He glared at her before walking away.

"Does it hurt?" Isaac spoke quietly, his eyes on the ground.

She shrugged. "It could be worse. I just wish Stiles would hurry the hell up, so I don't get any infections."

He laughed a little. "You just have to be more forceful with him. He's a little slow."

"Uh, I think I'm pretty smart," Stiles got into the driver's seat. "I'm assuming the non-humans are taking Scott?"

Isaac cleared his throat. "Yeah."

He stared at October, blue eyes searching for something. Once he got to terms that he couldn't find whatever he was looking for, he placed a hand on her bare knee. With his thumb, he rubbed her knee in a circular fashion. Isaac stood up and gave her a tiny smile. Before letting her go, he squeezed her knee gently. He shut the door and watched as Stiles drove off.

Image


"Clear your schedule, girls. This could take a while," Lydia came into Allison's room, multiple bags in hand.

October didn't really want to be here. She was forced by Stiles, who repeatedly said she owed him one. Was it her fault that she could have died? The boy wanted her to make him seem more appealing to a certain strawberry-blonde. And, seeing as Lydia was seen with Allison more times than none, October had to be with both girls.

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" Allison glanced at the bags and rose her brows.

The strawberry-blonde pretended to think. "It's my birthday party. I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then, mm, after–hours casual."

"I don’t think I have that many dresses," October watched as she pulled out different articles of clothing.

"As I've noticed. And what the heck happened to your face?"

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She was beginning to get used to Lydia's snarky comments that it didn't really bother her anymore. October gave no answer just shrugged.

Allison cleared her throat, breaking the silence. "I noticed that you didn't send out any invites."

Lydia scoffed. "It's the biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows."

Her ego was probably the biggest of the two, actually. October bit her lip hard, trying to not say something rude. She wanted girl friends and she knew that being a complete bitch wasn't something you were supposed to do. Instead of voicing her thoughts, October looked over the clothes - even holding them up. It was a miracle Lydia was able to carry them up with one trip.

"I was wondering if maybe this year things, you know, might be different." Allison picked at the clothes as well.

"Why would anything be different?" Lydia questioned, trying to act indifferent.

Allison shrugged. "Just 'cause things have been off lately. Things and people. Like Jackson."

October slapped her forehead. Both girls' eyes snapped to her. She gave a nervous laugh. Why would Allison even bring up Jackson like that? It was obvious Lydia wanted no part of that conversation.

"I thought I felt a… fly," October lied.

Lydia shook her head, looking at her like she was the crazy one. "What do you care about Jackson?"

"Do you know if he's coming tonight?" Allison just kept on going with the Jackson situation.

"Everyone's coming," Lydia turned her gaze. "This one's American rag. Mm, I love it. For me, not you. This one's material girl. It's for you."

She picked up the floral dress and passed it to Allison. The dark-haired girl gave her a tight smile before setting it down. There was a knock on the wall. Lydia turned her head and smiled at Ms. Argent who came into the room. October eyed her carefully. The older woman was pale and sweating all over. It looked like she was sick.

"Ms. Argent," Lydia held a short blue dress against her body. "What do you think of this one?"

"Oh, it's lovely," Her smile seemed a bit fake. "Allison, uh, can I grab you for a moment to talk? Just the two of us."

The woman glanced at October and Lydia, but Allison wasn't have any of it.

"Um, can we do it later?" She pointedly ignored her mother.

"Actually, uh, to be honest, sooner would be– would be better," Ms. Argent persisted.

October felt a bit bad for the woman. It had to have been important, but again Allison didn't seem to care. October sighed. She missed her mother more than anything. Instead of smelling pancakes every morning, she just smell toast and coffee. Instead of being told she was beautiful, her brother would just say she was "fine." She missed the warmth of her mother, even when it used to be overbearing.

"Hello, Earth to Toby," Lydia waved a hand over October's face. "Is anyone in there? Oh, there is. I think I found something for you. It'll knock the socks right off Mr. Curls for you."

October laughed. "Uh, what? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Isaac, of course," She spoke to the other girl like she was talking to a five year-old. "I heard he literally swept you off your feet and carried you out of the rave. Did you guys have sex yet?"

The dark-haired girl felt her cheeks redden. She looked between Allison and Lydia, unsure if she should even answer that. She barely knew Isaac - not saying he was bad looking. Hell, the boy was far from it. October was still a virgin - in her eyes - and she didn't think she could just go out and do that yet. She was still self-conscious about her body with the on her body… and her mind - she wouldn't be able to do it.

"No, it's not like he's able to come tonight anyway," October finally answered. "Uh, I haven't had sex with anyone… willingly."

She looked away from the two girls. She didn't want to talk about it. She never told anyone what other things happened that night. She felt dirty and unclean because of it. She didn't want the pity party or anything like that. October shook her head, fighting to keep the tears at bay. She figured if she talked to these girls about it, getting over it would be easy. There was absolutely no way of knowing that, though.

Lydia cleared her throat. "I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"It's fine, Lydia," October put on a fake smile. "Is that the dress?"

She took the black dress and looked it over. It wasn't too short, it just ended mid-thigh. It had a bubble bottom and a lace bodice panel. The dress was sleeveless and it was perfect. Until Lydia held up black heels.

"These will go perfect together," She beamed. "Why won't Isaac come?"

October looked to Allison, but she just shrugged. "I won't wear those. And, w-well, um, because Derek has him doing errands tonight."

"Errands? Really? He's going errands tonight. Is he a drug-dealer or something? Sheesh."

Allison and October laughed, uncomfortably. This was definitely going to be a long night. She didn't like having to lie to the strawberry-blonde. She didn't like having to lie at all. But if it kept some people safe, she was going to continue to lie.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this chapter! :) I'm finding this really fun to write and whatnot. c: